Android Wear Watch

KalSeth

I was wondering if anyone has tried to side load the Android Wheel Log app to an Android Wear watch?

I got a new LG G watch for $30 and want to try it but I thought I would ask before reinventing the Wheel.

Yip!

There have been some try's to use wheellog on a android 5.1 watch...KW88 or so, i also tried it on a cheap smartwatch!

For ME this has not worked out, because the bT connectivity was much to bad! all 5 seconds the watch lost connection and wont reconnect....

but maybe that was just that it was a very cheap android smartwatch....

1 hour ago, KalSeth said:

I was wondering if anyone has tried to side load the Android Wheel Log app to an Android Wear watch?

I got a new LG G watch for $30 and want to try it but I thought I would ask before reinventing the Wheel.

Android Wear and Android OS aren't the same. Wheel Log installs on your mobile and only connects to a Pebble Smartwatch. If you had a good enough full Android watch then, as @KingSong69 said it may work. 

I have an LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition LTE and would love it if any of the apps I use to connect to my Gotway's would work on it but sadly not.

Maybe someone will work on an app for Android Wear 2.0 seeing as it has access to a version of the Play Store so could run the app independently. 

2 hours ago, TremF said:

Android Wear and Android OS aren't the same. Wheel Log installs on your mobile and only connects to a Pebble Smartwatch. If you had a good enough full Android watch then, as @KingSong69 said it may work. 

I have an LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition LTE and would love it if any of the apps I use to connect to my Gotway's would work on it but sadly not.

Maybe someone will work on an app for Android Wear 2.0 seeing as it has access to a version of the Play Store so could run the app independently. 

I'm a developer and have been considering doing this as part of making a usable wheel app for android that works with Inmotion wheels (wheellog won't work on Inmotion). I'm only just starting in mobile app development though so this will not happen soon and other brands will only come after Inmotion compatibility. I use a Sony SmartWatch 3 and hope the app will run with the phone and standalone on the watch using Bluetooth. The Sw3 also has GPS in the watch so I'd like to add ride mapping too if the battery can last.

4 hours ago, TremF said:

I know a work around can be done using wear tasker.  It is very customizable and you can set it up for any parameter you want using android wear.  For example: when your phone receives a notification it gets sent to the watch as well.  I have it on my watch but have not really had a second to play with it for EUC purposes.  I use it mostly right now for my home automation.  I'll give it a shot this weekend and post how to make it work for everyone else if I can get it to work.  I have an LG G Watch R.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cuberob.weartasker&hl=en

9 hours ago, TremF said:

Yes, correct!

"Android wear" does not work as far as i know!

You Need a FULL android >= 5.1 capable smartwatch with sim-card and so on....then wheellog will work on it!

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, nute said:

I have been trying to get various wheel apps to work with a Moto 360 2nd gen without success :(

The wheel apps are not for “android wear” software system...

They only work on smart watches which have completly Android 5.1 or higher...for example KW88 watch.

That are “standalone” smartwatches with complete android and sim card...not like moto 360, which is just companion to phone.

26 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Yeah, wheellog will work.....this is complete android watch...

ok I will buy it and give my feed back in few weeks

Archived