Help New V8 Handle Bar Does Not Retract All the Way

Roll_On

I just rode to work, and the V8 (still very new) handle bar does not retract all the way down. The V8 handle bar has two sections. The button at the middle of the bar will move the pin inward to allow 1st retraction, but will not do the 2nd retraction for a complete down (inside the plastic shell).

I tried jiggle it a bit, but will not go down all the way.  Does anyone has suggestion for quick fix so that I can ride home.

If no quick fix, then I will do the more detail unassembly work using the hex tool to remove the plastic shell for a closer look. Any suggestion at this point on how to make the handle retract. Any youtube video related to this fix?

There is a pin on each side have you tried pushing both pins in manually to try and retract the handle. I had a similar situation at the start also did it manually by pushing the pins in and pushing diwn the handle after a while it just started working.

I have since disassemble the shell, and observed that the handle bar was a little bent on one side. Now, I remember, the V8 did fall on its side when the BART train took a turn. Lesson learned. One side of the handle bar did not retract due to the bent.

If you need to rest the V8 on a wall, make sure you retract the handle bar!!!

A bit of hammering made the bent less bent, and the retraction is easier, but not like new.  Looks like I need to re-order a new handle bar.

Archived