I considered getting this but with shipping and taxes, it comes out to $437.  If you don't live in California, you can get a brand new Black Ninebot Mini Pro from Newegg.com for $495.  For non-California residents, Newegg does not charge tax and shipping is free.  I usually buy refurb, but for $58 more I bought brand new.  Sale ends this Saturday, July 29th.

Black Ninebot Mini Pro from Newegg.com

I have bough new at the previous $499 sales all in price, for me this refurbished one would be $429 all in.  Not the best deal, but I have a few already, so saving a little bit more on it is OK with me, battery is main component, but motors and tires are useful too.  I don't really need another one to mess around with, but I could use the extra battery.  I'm going to test carrying an extra battery.  Too bad on the the tax for sure.

I'm not sure of the source on these but Woot is handling the warrantee, not Segway, so it's only 90 days.  There is some risk involved for those that want it to ride, rather than parts.

17 hours ago, FreeRide said:

I have bough new at the previous $499 sales all in price, for me this refurbished one would be $429 all in.  Not the best deal, but I have a few already, so saving a little bit more on it is OK with me, battery is main component, but motors and tires are useful too.  I don't really need another one to mess around with, but I could use the extra battery.  I'm going to test carrying an extra battery.  Too bad on the the tax for sure.

I'm not sure of the source on these but Woot is handling the warrantee, not Segway, so it's only 90 days.  There is some risk involved for those that want it to ride, rather than parts.

I went ahead and ordered from Woot.  Total delivered is $430.

This will be a spare MiniPro and I could use the extra battery for longer trips.

This is also my 3rd MiniPro and now I'm selling my older scooter, ebike, and bicycle.  No longer needed.

MiniPro has shifted my transportation perspective, for the better.

On 7/27/2017 at 0:06 PM, Clovis said:

I considered getting this but with shipping and taxes, it comes out to $437.  If you don't live in California, you can get a brand new Black Ninebot Mini Pro from Newegg.com for $495.  For non-California residents, Newegg does not charge tax and shipping is free.  I usually buy refurb, but for $58 more I bought brand new.  Sale ends this Saturday, July 29th.

Black Ninebot Mini Pro from Newegg.com

Gees that's like a free MiniPro almost, makes me wanna buy these and strip them for parts to resell like more4mini.com

On 7/30/2017 at 2:55 AM, SegwayMiniPro said:

Gees that's like a free MiniPro almost, makes me wanna buy these and strip them for parts to resell like more4mini.com

New everything MiniPro from Woot.

It just says refurbished on box.

Two day shipping included.

Would almost buy another MiniPro.

• 2 weeks later...

I just activated my refurbished unit.  As reported by others it came nicely packaged in the standard double boxed that SDONA has been using.  The outer-box was slightly different in markings, but nothing significant.  The inner product packaging was marked refurbished.  The unit looked new, except it didn't have the foot-pad stickers.  I didn't look too closely though for any other marking.

Activation was a pain as it required me to sign in again to the app just because it was a new unit and the site didn't recognize my password.  After 3 attempts at setting a new password it finally worked.  The first time it would not log me in still after changing the password.  The second time it didn't send me the verification code.  The 3rd time it all worked.  

After the training steps and traveling 1km, the latest App didn't automatically unlock the speed limit even after shutdown and power off, I needed to manually select unlock again (as I had to do to start the training).  I'm sure in the past it all happened automatically. The battery came charged at the 98% level (based on the US 59.5V change).  Once you know how to ride, that first 1km when the limit is 10km/h is very painful.

After the short run it set the max speed to 17km/h.  This is frustrating as my main unit has a top speed of 17.5km after over 500km.

Does any one know what I need to do next to get 17.5 km/h as the max speed (up from 17km/h)? 

Does anyone know what I need to do on my main unit to get the 18 km/h top speed (up from 17.5 km/h)?

16 minutes ago, Rocky Romero said:

Thanks to you, I bought my 3rd MiniPro from Woot.

Very satisfied.

I'm glad it worked out for you.  Good Price for sure if some one wanted to try one out, or if you just wanted a spare battery.  Even with it's frustrating speed limit to me it has still been fun to learn and get me started with these new electric personal transporter devices.  It will be sad, even with the new model, if this one is discontinued as it is more portable than the new model and allows for a battery swap.  It's more discrete also which I like, where as the new model seems to scream "look at me" although it will be much nicer in black :)  

doubtful

7 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

Will Woot ever sell only the battery?

Doubtful, but stranger things have happened.  it depends if the mini pro is discontinued when that so called 'smart' is released.  Ninebot has not been much better at parts than the original horrendous  Segway.  Luckily we do have More4Mini for some basic stuff, but sometimes the parts are from the inferior Mini rather than the MiniPro.  Really hard to say though what will happen if they discontinue the MiniPro which is a much better product design really for actual use and maintenance. 

59 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

doubtful

Doubtful, but stranger things have happened.  it depends if the mini pro is discontinued when that so called 'smart' is released.  Ninebot has not been much better at parts than the original horrendous  Segway.  Luckily we do have More4Mini for some basic stuff, but sometimes the parts are from the inferior Mini rather than the MiniPro.  Really hard to say though what will happen if they discontinue the MiniPro which is a much better product design really for actual use and maintenance. 

It's inevitable that the MiniPro will be discontinued and replaced by the next generation, perhaps the MiniPlus.

The robot version, Loomo, is still too early and pricey at $5K.  Perhaps it will evolve to be useful.

It does seem that Segway MiniBot will have a two wheel transporter selection that I can continue to use.

Hopefully, the MiniPro can last several years of usage.

Archived