KS-18A Component Burnt, Please Help?

CMonk

1 minute ago, CMonk said:

Well, it's either I didn't see it correctly or it just changed. Now it's 280. I'm not buying it.

That's messed up. I saw it too. You are not in the Twilight Zone. You are in the Business is Business Zone.

33 minutes ago, CMonk said:

Well, it's either I didn't see it correctly or it just changed. Now it's 280. I'm not buying it.

Write a message to the store owner...his name is "yi chen" and ask him for a board 800watt price (can be used)....

and then see what the price is!!!

1 hour ago, Ethereal said:

So the 800 Watt motor 840 Wh version or even the 680 Wh version of the KS18A is newer than the 520 Wh KS18A version? Does this mean that the quality as well as reliability has improved then? Will has the 800 Watt  840 Wh New KS18A. Is this one even worth it given the possible control board scarceness issue with this version too?

I have no clue...

that time was my starting point with EUC's...just want to say that 520wh(2x260) is not the "normal" option...of what the Ks18 where sold at the time!

maybe the 840 is a bit newer...maybe not!

i for my part would not buy a "old" 800 Watt Version, as there been at least 3-4 newer versions of Ks18!

18a 1200watt, 18ay 1200watt, 18s 1500watt....

I feel it's much better for someone who has the resource and skill to take on this project.

I am sure I'll learn a lot from it, but it'll take a long time for me to find the right person and the right source to fix it.

Let's just say the price is 500 when I got it from @KaleOsaurusRex, it was  500+50 shipping, and he shipped it for free.

And the price of the board that I can find at the moment is 280. I'll eat the cost of the board.

If you want to take on this I'll give you for 220 + 30 shipping = 250 shipped. Let me know.

Meanwhile I'll look for cheaper board and other ideas to modify this thing.

@CMonk I didn't know market rate for that main board was so high right now. I can't leave you hanging. Email me if you want that board. I want to offer you the control board I have, but it will be a loss for me because I can't repair the one 18" unicycle I have, so I can't do it for free. Maybe we can work something out if you're interested. Let me know. 

20 minutes ago, KaleOsaurusRex said:

@CMonk I didn't know market rate for that main board was so high right now. I can't leave you hanging. Email me if you want that board. I want to offer you the control board I have, but it will be a loss for me because I can't repair the one 18" unicycle I have, so I can't do it for free. Maybe we can work something out.

Hi Kale, I think the board you have was paired with a 6xx wh or 8xx wh model right?

I'd guess KingSong would have the board for that model, but they refused to sell me that board for my mummy. I think they have their reasons...

Is there any way we can compare the boards?

And thanks for the offer no matter what the result is.

32 minutes ago, CMonk said:

Hi Kale, I think the board you have was paired with a 6xx wh or 8xx wh model right?

I'd guess KingSong would have the board for that model, but they refused to sell me that board for my mummy. I think they have their reasons...

Is there any way we can compare the boards?

And thanks for the offer no matter what the result is.

I only ever carried 800w units, except a couple 500w at the very beginning. I think they all shared a family of control boards. This board should work fine; don't see why it wouldn't. It's not a pull from another uni, it's a spare part in a static free bag from the factory.

To clear up a question earlier in the thread, the 520wh was indeed a factory version, though not super popular. I was the first to import both 14" and 18" King Song units in quantity to the US, so I offered a couple versions no one else ever did. The 680wh 18" sold a lot faster so I took a 520wh for myself and stopped importing the 520wh version.

Very sad about that 520wh unit causing you inconvenience. It served me well and I don't know why it would malfunction suddenly. Very sorry.

And I don't know why King Song makes some decisions they do. Not selling you that part is bizarre.

I will send you a picture of the board I have when I get home, and you can compare. But it's gonna be almost 2 weeks -- not sure yet.

11 hours ago, KaleOsaurusRex said:

I only ever carried 800w units, except a couple 500w at the very beginning. I think they all shared a family of control boards. This board should work fine; don't see why it wouldn't.

To clear up a question earlier in the thread, the 520wh was indeed a factory version, though not super popular. I was the first to import both 14" and 18" King Song units in quantity to the US, so I offered a couple versions no one else ever did.

Very sad about that 520wh unit causing you inconvenience. It served me well and I don't know why it would malfunction suddenly. Very sorry.

And I don't know why King Song makes some decisions they do. Not selling you that part is bizarre.

I will send you a picture of the board I have when I get home, and you can compare. But it's gonna be almost 2 weeks -- not sure yet.

OK, please send me a message when you hit home.

I was ridding it on a <1 mile bike/walk road and it went through some rough parts no problem.

It went through some small bumps and small elevations.

I got to the end of the road where it's a very flat part of the whole road, turned back, accelerated to the same speed that I came with(paddle tilt back a little bit).

And Then I tried to decelerate, no problem, but if i remembered right, it hesitated a little bit. I thought it's because of me not being used to the wheel.

Then I accelerated to the tilt back speed again, and this time when I tried to decelerate, it did for about the first half or one second, then it cut off and flew out like a rocket. Luckily I was able to balance on the ground.

(Edit: My IPS T121+ does this kind of accelerate, decelerate at this speed all day without breaking a sweat)

My generic 14" eBay wheel threw me out a few times when decelerating because of overheating(I think, because it turns on after a short rest). And it had always been decelerate because it always flew out forward.

I tried to give the KS-18A a rest and tried to turn it on again. It never moved once.

The interesting part is, if I touch the "On" button next to the Bluetooth icon, a blue light turns on. If I long press it, it still says "Power On", but the motor does not move at all.

Pressing the "Off" button turns the blue light off.

I guess it's a separate module.

Right now I'm planning on trying out an electric skateboard to see if it does better to my feet and replace this sit-able wheel's function.

Anyone knows if eBoards do better than eWheel to the feet? 25 min ride of the eWheel makes my feet hurt for the last 5 mins, that's why I bought the KS-18A.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived