Euro Euc'ers only - Paris Car Free Day

Paddylaz

Hey guys,

So I've been wanting to do this for as long as I've had an EUC.....which I think is roughly the same amount of time that Paris have had this.

Every year the whole of central Paris is completely shut down to all vehicles for one day, leaving it a bicycle/skateboarder/ paradise. This year it falls on October 1st. I've been meaning to do this for so long, so I think this year I'm going to book a two day jaunt there, as I love Paris in general too.

I know it's early days, but let me know if anyone would be hypothetically interested in this! Could be an awesome 1/2 day trip, with some great footage zooming up and down the Champs-Elysee and/or slaloming between the feet of the Eiffel Tower!

Paddy

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I'm tempted. 200 rider French meet up PLUS no cars whatsoever?:wub:

I'm hypothetically very interested in this. Thanks for the heads-up!

No worries, I'll obviously do another post nearer the time but........yeah, should be awesome.

They've got a couple of youtube videos on what this day was like in previous years, but all the ones I've seen are when it was limited to just a few arrondissements (sectors/areas) of central Paris.

This year it's the WHOLE of central Paris.

58 minutes ago, Luiz said:

Very tempting . Me and my wife will be there . 

20170501_110753.jpg

I like her cute wheel. Is that an Airwheel X8? It looks like the underside of the pedal is pink. How did she do that? What are the designs on the side of the shell? What is that little character wearing glasses? Is that cable running up her leg a leash or some kind of power cable?

40 minutes ago, Luiz said:

Imagine if there was a car free day in London and other cities in uk aswell . Would be wonderful . ?

You may say i am a dreamer ...

I was just thinking the same thing about USA!

A day without cars may not have a huge impact to reduce overall polution levels but it is an oportunity for people to experience a cleaner air and a more human city enviroment at least for a day.

People can realize that there is a viable alternative that is better than the current transportation model on stressful and dangerously poluted city centers. That is how real change beguins . Raising public awereness .

This initiative of the Paris council has been generating a huge repercussion with other cities folowing this great idea.

I would personaly love to see a car free day in London , Madrid , Lisbon , Rio , Amsterdan , New York and old York  ...

This is one of your favotite wheels Max . IPS 121 340 wh bought from Jason Mcneal in London . There is a joker theme on the decoration with scull skate tape and a figure of minion joker in both sides . The pink and green bits are protection pad in this colors to folow the joker theme. 

The green cable is a leash for safety .

Archived