Washington, DC

RichieV

1 hour ago, RichieV said:

Who's in for some riding this weekend?  I'm good for either day through early evening.

yo - i'll actually be going out of town for a couple of weeks starting this weekend - i'll catch up with you/y'all later!

On 6/22/2017 at 0:13 PM, RichieV said:

Who's in for some riding this weekend?  I'm good for either day through early evening.

If I manage to repair my King Song's pedal (I hate opening these machines up), then I might be able to ride Sunday. Otherwise, my new GW Monster arrives in just a few days so... for the next weekend I can ride.

I also have my old Solowheel, but the range is pitiful. Not worth it.

56 minutes ago, edwin_rm said:

If I manage to repair my King Song's pedal (I hate opening these machines up), then I might be able to ride Sunday. Otherwise, my new GW Monster arrives in just a few days so... for the next weekend I can ride.

I also have my old Solowheel, but the range is pitiful. Not worth it.

Sunday works...perhaps in the early evening? I reached out to a DC based group of Boosted Board riders in Facebook and some of them would be able to do Sunday evening too. A mixed group ride should be fun if we can make it happen.

• Upvote 1

After a lot of tinkering and testing, I have now fixed the KS16, which means i'll be out and about riding in the city later today after I re-charge it. ?

Turns out all that jumping off curbs and etc. is VERY damaging to the axle, the axle clamps, and the pedal clamps. I foresee I will eventually need to replace the motor, as those come with new axle and clamps already attached.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, edwin_rm said:

After a lot of tinkering and testing, I have now fixed the KS16, which means i'll be out and about riding in the city later today after I re-charge it. ?

Turns out all that jumping off curbs and etc. is VERY damaging to the axle, the axle clamps, and the pedal clamps. I foresee I will eventually need to replace the motor, as those come with new axle and clamps already attached.

Meeting up with some Boosted Board riders today around 3pm.  Still trying to nail down specifics but it will be around downtown I think.  Considering the shorter range of their boards, you probably wouldn't need a full charge.

Edit: 3pm Georgetown waterfront park at the end closest to Key Bridge

Edited by RichieV
  • Upvote 1

The Capital Crescent trail would be an excellent fit for a future group ride. It is up to 13 miles long (one-way), from Georgetown D.C. to Silverspring M.D., so only wheels with 680wh (or more) of battery capacity can do the round trip without worry.

It has stores and other options on the path for taking breaks. A good idea would be to have a food/drink (or recharge for low capacity wheels) break in Silver Spring before heading back.

Click here for trail map photo.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

It's gonna be a tad warm this weekend but that don't bother us with the constant breeze we feel when riding!  Let's try to get a big group this weekend, let's say Saturday 11am at the Archives/Navy Memorial metro stop.  We can buzz the sightseers around the National Mall and make the Segway tourists jealous of our much cooler rides.  WHO'S IN?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RichieV said:

It's gonna be a tad warm this weekend but that don't bother us with the constant breeze we feel when riding!  Let's try to get a big group this weekend, let's say Saturday 11am at the Archives/Navy Memorial metro stop.  We can buzz the sightseers around the National Mall and make the Segway tourists jealous of our much cooler rides.  WHO'S IN?

I'll be out there in DC either way, but maybe not that early, as I got something else going on in the city later in the afternoon and don't wanna get scorched by the sun.

Edited by edwin_rm
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, RichieV said:

I might be up for that.  If you promise not to laugh at my poor riding skilz.  :P

• Upvote 1

On 7/14/2017 at 0:08 PM, RichieV said:

Whether your skilz be mad or sad, all riderz are welcome ;)

I might join you guys one day when I'm in the DC area.  It appears up by me (Philly/Delaware area) is a barren wasteland of non EUC riding folk as I have yet to find a single one.  I'll keep an eye on the thread........................

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Acturbo said:

I might join you guys one day when I'm in the DC area.  It appears up by me (Philly/Delaware area) is a barren wasteland of non EUC riding folk as I have yet to find a single one.  I'll keep an eye on the thread........................

click/tap on "follow" and you'll get a notification everytime new comments are posted in the thread ;)

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:45 AM, edwin_rm said:

The Capital Crescent trail would be an excellent fit for a future group ride. It is up to 13 miles long (one-way), from Georgetown D.C. to Silverspring M.D., so only wheels with 680wh (or more) of battery capacity can do the round trip without worry.

It has stores and other options on the path for taking breaks. A good idea would be to have a food/drink (or recharge for low capacity wheels) break in Silver Spring before heading back.

Anybody want to propose a date for trying this out?  Would love to give it a go.

On 7/1/2017 at 10:45 AM, edwin_rm said:

july 29th?

7 hours ago, LorenW said:

I would be game for July 29

I will tentatively say I would join you guys/gals for July 29th as I should be a little further south this weekend.  

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, RichieV said:

I'm in for 29 July if weather agrees.  What's a good time?  Shall we start (and end) in Georgetown?

11-noon? also, whereabouts in gtown? near key bridge?

10 hours ago, kour said:

11-noon? also, whereabouts in gtown? near key bridge?

I will join you guys but I'm gonna need really good directions.  A recommendation for a place to park would also be helpful as I'll be coming from 20-30 minutes away and am not familiar with that area.

On 7/26/2017 at 11:42 AM, RichieV said:

I'm in for 29 July if weather agrees.  What's a good time?  Shall we start (and end) in Georgetown?

Better to postpone it. Weather looks really rainy for riding Saturday the 29th.

https://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:20001.1.99999

Nature doesn't want to see riders around the city that day perhaps. :cry2:

Sunday the 30th is dry thou...

Edited by edwin_rm