Washington, DC

RichieV

Id love to join you guys.   See you at 2 PM at the station.  Would you consider heading up towards or through rock Creek park.  I'm meeting my cousins there later in the day.  My phone number is 415 6014661. 

• 1 month later...

HI guys,

Just started with my Ninebot e+ 6 weeks ago. I am from urban planning, transportation, geography background and am very interested in how these can change urban transportation (cartogo zipcar,  bus or train) trip chain. Next time you have a ride I would be interested. I was also thinking a meetup group might be good to start as numbers get larger. These are already getting popular in NY and from accounts are popping up in DC now.

Best,

Matthew

• Upvote 1

Matthew,

Greeting from Ninebot Store!  We are in Washington, DC.  We will be glad to broadcast the message to the Great DC area to help develop the community.  Please feel free to send me a personal email and we will get in touch.

Alexey

• Upvote 1

I would like to join you all on a ride.  I've been riding for about a year now, and I'm currently teaching my girlfriend how to ride.  Once she feels comfortable enough to ride in public, we'd both like to join the people on this forum for a ride.

On 5/25/2016 at 4:15 PM, DCdude said:

I was also thinking a meetup group might be good to start as numbers get larger.

@DCdude, I run a few Meetup groups already, and actually decided to start an electric unicycle Meetup group today.  It's called "eWheels Going Out Group," please join here...  http://www.meetup.com/ewheelgroup/

On 4/16/2016 at 11:01 AM, dbaile0132 said:

Cool, ive added you to the chat.

@dbaile0132, possible to add me to the list as well?

• Upvote 2

On 5/25/2016 at 4:56 PM, Alexey said:

Matthew,

Greeting from Ninebot Store!  We are in Washington, DC.  We will be glad to broadcast the message to the Great DC area to help develop the community.  Please feel free to send me a personal email and we will get in touch.

Alexey

You have an actual store in DC?   Where is it?

I commute from Columbia heights down to near the white house every day.   Ping me here or on my cell (415 6014661) if you'd like to meet up for a ride at lunch some day.

Last weekend there was a motorcycle gang/club of what seemed ~1,000 motorcycles all over DC. Many of them bikers asked me about my wheel, and how cool it was.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ECUMania said:

These motor bikers were here for the Memorial Day. Maybe there should be 1000 EUC riders riding in DC for the Earth Day? Oops, is there an Earth Day?

There is an Earth Day, but more important question.... are there 1000 EUC riders in the whole USA? I don't think so. But eventually there should be.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, edwin_rm said:

There is an Earth Day, but more important question.... are there 1000 EUC riders in the whole USA? I don't think so. But eventually there should be.

My thoughts exactly... but how cool would it be to see a "parade" with 1000 riders? :P

On 6/1/2016 at 3:39 PM, edwin_rm said:

Last weekend there was a motorcycle gang/club of what seemed ~1,000 motorcycles all over DC. Many of them bikers asked me about my wheel, and how cool it was.

The Rolling Thunder!  They're here every Memorial Day weekend I believe

• Upvote 1

On 6/1/2016 at 8:50 AM, Sam Clegg said:

You have an actual store in DC?   Where is it?

I commute from Columbia heights down to near the white house every day.   Ping me here or on my cell (415 6014661) if you'd like to meet up for a ride at lunch some day.

Hi,

Just saw message will due.

Best,

Matthew

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all, I'm going to plan a Meetup soon.  Since my weekends are typically already booked with other events, I need to plan far in advance.  Dates I'm currently looking at are as follows:

Sat. Oct. 29th (Halloween weekend)
Sat. Nov. 19th (weekend before Thanksgiving)
Sun. Nov. 20th (weekend before Thanksgiving)
Sun. Nov. 27th (weekend after Thanksgiving)
Sun. Dec. 4th

I'm looking for feedback on which date(s) are best for those in the DC area.

Please and thank you!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Based everyone's feedback and a poll I did on my Meetup group, I've posted our first ride here...  http://www.meetup.com/ewheelgroup/events/234634438/ . Please come join us!  We are a small community, so please help spread the word of our ride (I'm not sure where else to notify people other than on my Meetup group and here on this forum).  Thank you, I look forward to seeing some of you there!

Edited by J.T.
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Due to new information, there are some restrictions on our previously scheduled ride (Mt. Vernon Trail) that make it necessary for us to change it. As such, we'll be riding on the National Mall instead. I've updated the event posting accordingly... http://www.meetup.com/ewheelgroup/events/234634438/ . I hope you can join us!

• Upvote 1