Washington, DC

RichieV

Last time I rode Solowheel, this time I will ride Gotway. Based on my own riding tests, it has like 3x the range! (plus I can glide by at even faster speeds) Can't wait to tear up the DC sidewalks again. :-)

6 hours ago, edwin_rm said:

Last time I rode Solowheel, this time I will ride Gotway. Based on my own riding tests, it has like 3x the range! (plus I can glide by at even faster speeds) Can't wait to tear up the DC sidewalks again. :-)

Which one. I wanna buy my second euc but I couldn't decide. I was thinking of the msuper high speed. 

1 hour ago, dbaile0132 said:

Which one. I wanna buy my second euc but I couldn't decide. I was thinking of the msuper high speed. 

The 14" mcm4. I'm loving how smooth it feels. Main reason for buying it was the 680wh battery, cause I was tired of the low range of my other wheel. Thou the extra speed is a great bonus.

You will love Msuper with their 850wh battery and 25mph crazy speeds and 18" off road tire. The best for sure. Get it!

The ride in D.C. today was great! We were out there 5 hours!

If anyone is interested, we may ride again next wednesday 11 November (veteran's day). Need a location or route suggestion.

Georgetown is always fun to ride in. Has a lot of steep bumpy hilly roads and sidewalks, specially near the waterfront. Also fun riding thru the university campus, dodging college kids. We should bring the group out there....

2015-11-15 19.20.49.jpg

Edited by edwin_rm

Our last ride made me realise how much the battery on my ninebot sucks. I really wanna wait for the 16in kingsong n settle for the msuper. But I'm getting impatient, I wanna test it out on our rides

2 hours ago, dbaile0132 said:

Our last ride made me realise how much the battery on my ninebot sucks. I really wanna wait for the 16in kingsong n settle for the msuper. But I'm getting impatient, I wanna test it out on our rides

Keep in mind that there will always be a next new thing coming to market. Its best to choose from whats available, otherwise the waiting never ends. (In other words, they'll announce Msuper 3 as soon as KS 16 becomes available, and the waiting starts again)

Range should be similar between Msuper and KingSong, however, all new KingSongs (the 16 too) will now be limited to a max of 32 Km/h from the factory, for safety reasons. The Msuper HS goes up to 47 km/h (cutout), which is ridiculously fast. 

Thou keep also in mind, 32 km/h = 20 mi/h (definitely fast enough)

Edited by edwin_rm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Congrats, @lebowitz ! I have been following this thread as I have been hoping to join in from PA on one of the beautiful jaunts around the monuments. I'm avoiding the snow, but check out the video thread for some of the braver members here who have been plowing through it on their wheels!

20 hours ago, lebowitz said:

I'm a new owner of a EU and live in Capitol Hill. Was able to take my first outing before the snow started this weekend.  Once it clear, I'm looking forward to meeting up with the group!

I ride in DC a day most weekends. Whichever day has better weather saturday 30 or sunday 31 JAN, i will be riding!

• 1 month later...

I've been commuting along Pennsylvania Ave from Capitol Hill to McPherson Square in the mornings the past couple of weeks.  I've been pleased with the wheel's performance and my growing comfort level.

Anyone around to take a ride together this coming weekend?  Hope you guys were able to get out today in the nice weather.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

A few days ago, I was riding NB1 on the C&O Canal trail. The view is beautiful. An old man riding a bike catching up from the behind. He said that motorized vehicles were disallowed on the trail. Annoyed, I told him that his bike riding was more dangerous because he rode much faster and occupied a much bigger space. He sped away. Later, a younger man catch up. was curious, rode along with me, asked many questions. A man with his daughter on bikes showed up later. asked a few questions. Asked the price etc. Said "life is too short", and  sped away.

Edited by ECUMania

2 hours ago, ECUMania said:

A few days ago, I was riding NB1 on the C&O Canal trail. The view is beautiful. An old man riding a bike catching up from the behind. He said that motorized vehicles were disallowed on the trail. Annoyed, I told him that his bike riding was more dangerous because he rod much faster and occupied a much bigger space.

In Maryland an EUC is likely to be classified as an EPAMD "pedestrian device" in section 501.21 of the law, which means it's legal to ride on sidewalks and other pedestrian walkways. You can also ride it in streets with a speed limit less than 30mph. DC law says it's a PMD which is legal to ride on sidewalks or bike lanes, except in the Central Business District where you're only supposed to use the bike lanes. In neither place is an EUC classified as a "motor vehicle", they do not require a license or registration to operate. A bunch of the DC area is under jurisdiction of the National Park Service and we were told by them that it's fine to ride an EUC on park grounds except you can't ride it *inside* the monuments. Basically if you see a sign asking you to park your bike you cannot ride into that area. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Now that the weather is improving, is anyone interested in getting a group together to ride? Perhaps Saturday April 15?

The weather man claims the weather will be good that upcoming weekend.

3 hours ago, dbaile0132 said:

I say let's do it. Wanna meet about 11-12 Saturday April 16

11 is too early. 12 at the earliest is fine for me.