Washington, DC

RichieV

The ride today was fun. 6 of us showed up and we were the ultimate sensation around the city. Even heard a chick riding a Segway say "that is so much cooler than Segway"  Well duh!  B)

I want to do a clinic this weekend or next.  Focus on improving basic skills such as mounting and low speed maneuvering, as well as intermediate skills like riding backwards or on one leg.  Maybe open it up to curious newbies who want to learn how to ride but don't have a wheel yet; this would depend on how willing people are to volunteer their wheels for this purpose.  Jones Point by Old Town Alexandria under the Woodrow Wilson Bridge is a very nice location for this; a ride over the bridge to National Harbor would be a fun followup activity.  Anybody interested?

• Upvote 1

Hi all, I just found out about this forum, and I'm so glad I did.  I've been riding since July of this year and have an Airwheel X3 and a Ninebot One E+.  I'm so sad I missed the last Meetup.  @dmethvin, thanks for posting the videos, I watched all 4 through to the end of each.  I would definitely love to join you all in the future.  I run a few large Meetup groups, so most of my weekends are booked, but November and December are usually a bit slower.  So hopefully I can meet up with you guys.  Speaking of Meetups, do you all have an official Meetup.com group?  If so, please point me to the group!  @LorenW, I think I know who you are, lol

Speaking of Meetups, do you all have an official Meetup.com group?  If so, please point me to the group!  @LorenW, I think I know who you are, lol

The only meetup.com group that I know of is based in San Francisco. None in DC/MD/VA area. EUCs are enthusiast technology. Still rare.

So I'm getting together with my sister and possibly one curious newbie friend at Jones Point this upcoming Sunday (18 Oct) at 1pm. Going to bring some cones and try to master some basics and learn some new tricks and maybe ride over the bridge to National Harbor. The more the merrier, so fellow ewheelers and other curious newbies are more than welcome to join in.

Edited by RichieV

I'll join again after I return to US from a lil vacation I'm at in Europe. I ordered the Gotway MCM4 680Wh. Can't wait to ride that baby in the city! 

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, LorenW said:

Since the weather is holding up, are folks up for another DC/VA group ride?

I'm up for it! Sunday afternoons are my preferred day.