EUC Gimbal with GoPro Hero

Rehab1

46 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

What camera are you using? I may be wrong (or it's been a loooooooong time) but I don't think I've seen a video from you yet where it doesn't look like it was shot from a vga camcorder from the 80's :facepalm: 

Awe man that hurts!  :crying: At least it's not as bad as 8mm. .;)

You know I've been thinking the same thing. Thanks for your honest opinion. "My video does suck!" :)  The video always looks great until I upload it. Then I think it's my screen.  I really need some advice.

I want MGV ( Marty Great Video)!

9 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

You know I've been thinking the same thing. Thanks for your honest opinion. "My video does suck!" :)  The video always looks great until I upload it. Then I think it's my screen.  I really need some advice.

It looks like all of your YouTube videos are uploaded at a max resolution of 360. I have to assume your cameras (including the drones of course) are shooting at HD resolution. How does the footage leave your camera and end up on YouTube? Somewhere in that chain the video is being down converted to 360. The movie export settings must be currently set to 360?

5 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

My iPhone video uploads are not good.  I think the phone compresses things too much.  I have to download to my pc then upload it from there which takes too much effort to do.  :rolleyes:  Even then the quality isn't that great.   :crying:  How are you uploading Rehab?

But the iPhone is famous for taking spectacular photos and videos. Surely half the planet is producing HD video on the iPhone? This can't really be a mystery, or can it :confused1:

19 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

BTW, in my defense I didn't say that your videos suck (I may have implied it, but hey :whistling:). Your content is golden, I just want your visuals to match :efee47c9c8:

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

BTW, in my defense I didn't say that your videos suck (I may have implied it, but hey :whistling:). Your content is golden, I just want your visuals to match :efee47c9c8:

No I said they suck and unfortunately they do.  :(

22 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It looks like all of your YouTube videos are uploaded at a max resolution of 360. I have to assume your cameras (including the drones of course) are shooting at HD resolution. How does the footage leave your camera and end up on YouTube? Somewhere in that chain the video is being down converted to 360. The movie export settings must be currently set to 360?

What  format do you use when converting your videos for YouTube? 

26 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

My iPhone video uploads are not good.  I think the phone compresses things too much.  I have to download to my pc then upload it from there which takes too much effort to do.  :rolleyes:  Even then the quality isn't that great.   :crying:  How are you uploading Rehab?

I use Movavi to edit my videos and then the program converts the video to a format that is acceptable for YouTube. You can convert to a Good, High or Highest quality. You Tube never seems to accept the highest quality so I resort to high quality which is more like poor quality.

33 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

But the iPhone is famous for taking spectacular photos and videos. Surely half the planet is producing HD video on the iPhone? This can't really be a mystery, or can it :confused1:

Must be just me then.  :crying:  Yeah I don't know - I've got an iPhone 6 on 10.2.1.  I bought all the hype over the high quality videos, but getting them good on Youtube is tricky for for some reason.  Might need to research things further...

23 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

No I said they suck and unfortunately they do.  :(

What  format do you use when converting your videos for YouTube? 

I use Movavi to edit my videos and then the program converts the video to a format that is acceptable for YouTube. You can convert to a Good, High or Highest quality. You Tube never seems to accept the highest quality so I resort to high quality which is more like poor quality.

I would avoid using the "good, high, or highest" settings. You don't know what you're getting in that case and it must be something that YouTube doesn't like.

Instead see if there's another selection panel that lets you have more control over the export format. Look for a MP4 @ 1080 format and try that.

12 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Must be just me then.  :crying:  Yeah I don't know - I've got an iPhone 6 on 10.2.1.  I bought all the hype over the high quality videos, but getting them good on Youtube is tricky for for some reason.  Might need to research things further...

If you can ride an EUC you can figure this out :smartass:

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I would avoid using the "good, high, or highest" settings. You don't know what you're getting in that case and it must be something that YouTube doesn't like.

Instead see if there's another selection panel that lets you have more control over the export format. Look for a MP4 @ 1080 format and try that.

There are specific YouTube down loaders that I am going to try out today! Thanks I will try out the MP4 format @ 1080 today. Just for you Marty I will record using just the Hero 5 w/o the gimbal over the same mole infested bumpy land.

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

If you can ride an EUC you can figure this out :smartass:

You would think.:facepalm:

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

There are specific YouTube down loaders that I am going to try out today! Thanks I will try out the MP4 format @ 1080 today. Just for you Marty I will record using just the Hero 5 w/o the gimbal over the same mole infested bumpy land.

You would think.:facepalm:

Thanks - look forward to seeing it. I'm beginning to think that that bumpiness will be too much for the electronic-only stabilization to be very effective.

No rush of course. 

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks - look forward to seeing it. I'm beginning to think that that bumpiness will be too much for the electronic-only stabilization to be very effective.

No rush of course. 

Ok...I believe my downloading skills are improving. I went with 1080 format. Here are comparison videos using the Hero5 with and without the gimbal. Now that I have a solid attachment for the gimbal I really like it now.

27 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Ok...I believe my downloading skills are improving. I went with 1080 format. Here are comparison videos using the Hero5 with and without the gimbal. Now that I have a solid attachment for the gimbal I really like it now.

Wow, that's a nice jump in video quality. Welcome to the club :cheers:

Well, there really is no comparing the two. The gimbal makes a huge difference. Thanks for the side-by-side comparison, it helps. :thumbup:

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, that's a nice jump in video quality. Welcome to the club :cheers:

Well, there really is no comparing the two. The gimbal makes a huge difference. Thanks for the side-by-side comparison, it helps. :thumbup:

Thanks for all of your kind suggestions on formatting.  I now feel competent enough to walk and chew bubble gum at the same time again!:o The EVO gimbal is once again my friend. :)

Archived