Battery status on rockwheel app

Jaumebyn

The battery bar of my rockwheel app doesn't move. It is always on the same position. 

Does it happening to all or only me? 

This is IOS

On Android same but the bar are on ~75%

edit: some other apps for connect the rockwheel? Ios or android? Like Gyrometrics

IMG_0730.PNG

Same as mine on android, always 100% battery level . I've tryied different versions of rockwheel app and WheelLog app, but still no good. Ofc you can just use voltmeter as approx. battery indicator, but still annoying.

2 minutes ago, Piktukaz said:

Same as mine on android, always 100% battery level . I've tryied different versions of rockwheel app and WheelLog app, but still no good. Ofc you can just use voltmeter as approx. battery indicator, but still annoying.

Only Gyrometrics says good but maybe there are more apps.. I don't know. I will test wheelLog 

thanks

Just charged my GT16, the charger just flashes red after being plugged in all night,  (no solid green) why is this?

the voltage only reached 82volts..

any ideas?

17 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Just charged my GT16, the charger just flashes red after being plugged in all night,  (no solid green) why is this?

the voltage only reached 82volts..

any ideas?

Maybe try to change the input port.

Connect the wheel to this app "DarknessBot" 

and look the battery level when it's full. 

yes I tried the other input, still flashes red, as it never goes to solid green. Darkness says its at 94% and 82 volts..

kind of annoying,

i guess i should suck it up and live with it...

Its amazing a brand new wheel, no rear light, only one alarm, deep scratches on pedals on arrival, and now no green light on charging.

53 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

yes I tried the other input, still flashes red, as it never goes to solid green. Darkness says its at 94% and 82 volts..

kind of annoying,

Its amazing a brand new wheel, no rear light, only one alarm, deep scratches on pedals on arrival, and now no green light on charging.

Wow can U post pictures?

So sad reading. This wheel is amazing. Mine only problem i found is that the fender is loose. But lights and battery&volts are normal at the time.

My first guess would be a bad cell. My second guess would be a faulty charger.

Basically you should be able to test this by disconnecting the battery packs on one side and charging the other. You should get full voltage just from one side, but with half the Wh. If the problem stops, the disconnected cells are bad. You can then switch around and charge the other side to see if it goes up to full voltage.

There is a very clear risk in doing this, since if there is a problem on one side, and the other side charges fully, you'll have a Voltage mismatch that could cause a rather brutal spark when you try connecting all the packs. I can't vouch for the GT control board's capability to handle that mismatch without mishap, but I would not risk it personally.

OTOH if you have dead cells on one side, you want to change those packs ASAP anyway, running around with failed cells, not even knowing why they failed, sounds rather foolhardy to me. And the peculiar number of missing volts could mean the board is actually handling the difference as is.

If you have dead cells, you really want to know you do, and you really want to fix it.

If I'm saying anything wrong here, anyone is welcome to correct me.

On 2017-07-20 at 3:31 PM, Mrd777 said:

kind of annoying,

Where did you buy it?

Hey, good news Yi Chen from the Rockwheel store sent me a replacement charger right away. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND, doing business with him. He answers questions right away, and supports his customers. Yes, the new charger goes to 100%, with a green light. I'm so happy it wasn't a bad cell

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using the Rockwheel daily in nyc to get to work, it's super fast and agile, I really love the wheel so far. The ACM 84v is more planted to the ground at high speed, I leave this wheel in the country for trails, open roads,long range trips etc. The Gotway feels so much heavier, and is just too heavy to lug around in stores, buildings etc.  I would say the ACM is probably better quality then the Rockwheel, my GT16 tail light never worked, only one of three alarms work, the headlight is dim, and the mud guard is a joke. It's still a zippy wheel and perfect for the city!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sbouju said:

On this screen, is "34.0" the total kilometers of the wheel, or is it only the kilometers of the session?

Yes, but if wrong don't be surprised. The app is older than Santa Claus, and seems not to be made for GT16 but for the earlier GR16.

Voltage is the way I look at battery level, amperage is reasonably accurate. The max power seems reliable, as does the speed (with the usual overstatement by a few percent) and the temperature gauge.

Let's hope someone at RW realises the app need a serious overhaul.

9 hours ago, sbouju said:

So, let's hope...

While waiting better, hoping that the real true number of kilometers of the wheel since its birthday is memorized somewhere on the board !

Oh, yes, it seems so. Mine went to zero when I changed the board.

On 9/4/2017 at 6:05 PM, Scatcat said:

Yes, but if wrong don't be surprised. The app is older than Santa Claus, and seems not to be made for GT16 but for the earlier GR16.

Voltage is the way I look at battery level, amperage is reasonably accurate. The max power seems reliable, as does the speed (with the usual overstatement by a few percent) and the temperature gauge.

Let's hope someone at RW realises the app need a serious overhaul.

The home screen looks very nice, showing amps and volts, the ninebot app you have to swipe to the second screen for that.

8 hours ago, steve454 said:

The home screen looks very nice, showing amps and volts, the ninebot app you have to swipe to the second screen for that.

Yes.

But I think it is a bit over-designed - trying to show used power, temp, battery-level, distances and speed in the same gauge. But still that screen is OK. I'd like to have better screens for setting alarm-levels, tilt-back and modes though. And having a tour log would be awesome.

Archived