No riding on the strand in Hermosa Beach

abinder3

21 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Man that place looks annoying. All the cops and retards staring at cop cars with the noise. Ugh

Those sirens were unnecessary, all they needed was a megaphone and some guy saying, make a hole, the Stanley cup is coming through.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Oh after doing a little Googling, I see that "The Strand" is like some kinda long sidewalk with houses next to the beach where it's okay to drive police cars and motorcycles on?  I guess those aren't motorized vehicles.  :smartass:  @Marty Backe - you need to carry around a Stanley Cup replica and have red and blue flashing lights with sirens wailing.  That should make it okay.  :whistling:

That's it, although I've never seen vehicles on it before. Obviously this was a special event.

• 1 year later...

As someone who has been hit by someone on a electric bike on the strand,and had many close calls, I think it makes sense that they are not allowed. I really don't have a major issue with the bikes when the riders are operating at low speeds, paying attention and not passing people at speed. However, a significant number of people are just out joy riding and don't pay attention to what they are doing because they have to do no physical effort to move forward. 

The bikers tend to be more well behaved than the electric long boarding people who are texting and going really fast. Those things can't break in the same way as a bike.

If the law forces EV riders to pay attention then it is a good thing.  I don't really understand why you would want to even use a motor on the strand other than to avoid exercise. It isn't like it's a hill. 

I think just be reasonable and peddle and maybe burn a few calories. No officer is going to drop you if he sees you actually peddling and paying attention to what you are doing. 

Archived