Riders in Maine?

Maximus

Hello, it's a long shot, but here goes...are there any riders in Maine that would like to meet up for a ride? I live in a Central Maine and work in the Southern part of the State. Would be willing to connect up and ride.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Pengo said:

Never been to Maine. But would like to visit with my EUC some day. Might connect with you when I go up.

Sounds good!  Beautiful State but the best EUC riding months are certainly going to be May - Sept...otherwise it starts to get a bit chilly :shock2:

• 11 months later...
On 7/14/2018 at 7:25 AM, Baxtah said:

In Maine, but waiting on my first EUC delivery. Then I'll have to learn to ride. Looking to group ride in 2019

What did you order for a wheel?  If you want any help learning to ride let me know!

1 hour ago, Paddle2See said:

I'm in the Bangor area - but I'm still in the research phase.  Then comes purchase and learning phases, hopefully.  Maybe next summer!

If you want any help choosing one, let me know. I’ve got some experience with a variety of wheels.

18 hours ago, Maximus said:

If you want any help choosing one, let me know. I’ve got some experience with a variety of wheels.

That's a very nice offer!  I'm still very much in the initial research phase.  I'm a bigger size person - 6'3" and 240# so I think that limits my choices a lot - probably have to be looking at the larger and more costly models.  That's kind of unfortunate as I am having trouble convincing myself to spend $1200 or more on a hobby that I haven't even experienced yet.  I don't know if I have the balance to even do it well.  

2 hours ago, Paddle2See said:

That's a very nice offer!  I'm still very much in the initial research phase.  I'm a bigger size person - 6'3" and 240# so I think that limits my choices a lot - probably have to be looking at the larger and more costly models.  That's kind of unfortunate as I am having trouble convincing myself to spend $1200 or more on a hobby that I haven't even experienced yet.  I don't know if I have the balance to even do it well.  

Have you seen this chart before?

https://www.ewheels.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/eWheels-Product-Lineup-21-Dec-17.jpg

I’ve got the KS-16S and I’m pretty happy with that wheel. @Jason McNeil looks like he’s selling them for about $1,300 which is right in the price range you mentioned. That’s where I’ve bought all of my wheels from (ewheels.com).  There is no question that there is a learning curve to riding an electric unicycle but there are a variety of threads on this forum that can help with getting started. Just remember that, for most new riders, it will take a few weeks to get comfortable. Feel free To shoot me a PM if you want to talk more about specific wheels. No sense in getting this thread too far off topic :)

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Paddle2See said:

Look in the forums here and choose a Private sale/ used vehicle. You could get anything with a motor larger than 1000 watts for around $600- $900 that you will always still want to ride. Read up on the quirks of the vehicle you choose in the forum while it ships.

Vehicles I would suggest are the KS16, the ACM2. A kingsong 18ay with the 1200watt motor, or an Msuper v2 would also work and you will almost certainly always love them even after you want more or better or more refined. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Baxtah said:

I purchased the Kingsong KS-18L matte black.

Nice choice!  My buddy just purchased the same thing in white.  It's a beast but feels super stable at high speed.  You're gonna love it!  If you need any pointers learning to ride, let me know!

• 1 year later...

Sanford here!, about 10 hours of training so far, just riding around a small path in my neighborhood . Made a few Youtube videos about my training, here is the most recent one. 

• Like 1

@digison08 looking good for so few hours on the wheel!  Glad you were able to find a nice path to ride on.  I also ride a KS-16S.  I've put a ton of miles on it.  The wobbles will stop eventually and you'll get more comfortable going fast :)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...