Kiwano K01? Pogostick like Segway EUC

So I've been quite interested in seeing one of these in real life, seems pretty intuitive.

20 Mike range with 20MPH top speed. 1 hour charge? Follow mode the whole nine yards. Solid tire as well, no flats.

Here is a link to the video

The specs seem great and the design pretty interesting. Not sure how well the foot beds will hold up on long rides. But the 20mph and 20 mile range with the fact that is also has suspension, able to hope on off of curbs, and the follow me feature. UL certified.

IMG_2711.PNG

IMG_2710.PNG

IMG_2709.PNG

IMG_2708.PNG

IMG_2712.PNG

Oh, so the batteries of this thing are in the stick. At least that leaves space for enough capacity.

But like said already in threads about this, the pedals look very uncomfortable, and the entire EUC concept is kind of ruined if you control with the stick tilt, not pedal tilt. But the stick is great for jumping.

Interesting concept. The single wide tire help balance it side to side by itself. Probably a good easy intro for people to learn euc riding just to get the feel of it. I see it mainly as training tool.

On 7/13/2017 at 5:56 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

Oh, so the batteries of this thing are in the stick. At least that leaves space for enough capacity.

But like said already in threads about this, the pedals look very uncomfortable, and the entire EUC concept is kind of ruined if you control with the stick tilt, not pedal tilt. But the stick is great for jumping.

It looks like an electric scooter that the rear tire and platform was removed.  Good idea, but needs to be a two wheel scooter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2017 at 9:25 PM, Adel said:

Interesting concept. The single wide tire help balance it side to side by itself. Probably a good easy intro for people to learn euc riding just to get the feel of it. I see it mainly as training tool.

It was more the specs that had me interested, top speed and Range being 20/20 mph.

still yet to see any real videos of it in action or review in the real world.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, novazeus said:

pretty interesting. definitely more mainstream for last mile america with rider weight of 550lbs. i see they have dropped top speed to 15mph. can't find motor or battery specs.

There's something unappealing about this.

Pass.

I'm looking forward to seeing some real reviews on this.  I am very skeptical of the claimed top speed of 20mph though.  I expect to see it max out 12-13mph in real life.  In the video no one is riding above 6-7mph.  The airless tire is really appealing.  I have been waiting for this kind of tyre to become practical for about 10 years and still no one has made a small airless tire that's comfortable to ride on and works close to as well as an air filled one.  I worked with an electric skateboard company for several years and we came close to developing a 5 inch airless tire but it was scrapped in the end.  It's not easy.

44 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

I'm looking forward to seeing some real reviews on this.  I am very skeptical of the claimed top speed of 20mph though.  I expect to see it max out 12-13mph in real life.  In the video no one is riding above 6-7mph.  The airless tire is really appealing.  I have been waiting for this kind of tyre to become practical for about 10 years and still no one has made a small airless tire that's comfortable to ride on and works close to as well as an air filled one.  I worked with an electric skateboard company for several years and we came close to developing a 5 inch airless tire but it was scrapped in the end.  It's not easy.

i ordered one at $799. it looks good and maybe i'm wrong but in reality i think it's a fat tire euc, it just has batterries and controls in a stick with handles to hold on to. the kickstand is nice and for short trips, like to my mailbox that's 2000+ feet away, it might come in real handy. and maybe a baby step for someone interested in an euc without a handlebar. the foot pads do look small, but maybe there's a reason.

3 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i ordered one at $799. it looks good and maybe i'm wrong but in reality i think it's a fat tire euc, it just has batterries and controls in a stick with handles to hold on to. the kickstand is nice and for short trips, like to my mailbox that's 2000+ feet away, it might come in real handy. and maybe a baby step for someone interested in an euc without a handlebar. the foot pads do look small, but maybe there's a reason.

Yeah, I think it's really cool.  I would love to try one.  Please post a detailed review when you get yours!

The problem is the release version has greatly reduced specs. Speed reduced from 20MPH to 15, range decreased from 20mi to 15, charge time increased from 1hr to 2.  Suddenly this first release is not so interesting. The concept might be ok, but i'd definetly prefer an inflatable tire.  Looking forward to the reviews, but i think they missed the target. 

I don't think I'd want to go 20mph on a wheel that small and hard and from a company I've never heard of.  I would be pooing myself with anxiety as I wait for the cut-out to break my face.  For me 25kph (15 mph) is just the perfect top speed, if on a trusted and stable device.

46 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

I don't think I'd want to go 20mph on a wheel that small and hard and from a company I've never heard of.  I would be pooing myself with anxiety as I wait for the cut-out to break my face.  For me 25mph is just the perfect top speed, if on a trusted and stable device.

I've done 25 mph on different transporters.

Doesn't work well on city sidewalks.  Nor bike paths.

17 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

I've done 25 mph on different transporters.

Doesn't work well on city sidewalks.  Nor bike paths.

I meant to write "25kph" not 25mph.  Don't get me wrong, I have no issue going 50kph on a personal transporter that is not self balancing.  Before I got the EUC and MiniPro I rode all sorts of electric skateboards at 40kph for 8 years without issue.  But when those fail they don't instantly throw you into the ground, they just slowly come to a stop, like electric bikes, electric scooters etc.  My issue is with great speed on self-balancing transporters.

Archived