Sorry if this has been answered somewhere already, but...

Catlord17

I'm a little confused about where to get and how to get the app for the MSuper V3s+.  Is that given in the instructions, or is there a secret fraternity I need to join or some sort of secret handshake or something? :)

Thanks for being patient with me on what I suspect is a ridiculous question.  

The only ridiculous thing is how hard it is to get the app. Android, I assume?

facebook.com/groups/gotway/files - download the newer 2.X app from there (requires internet connection)

@Marty Backe has a dropbox link for the older 1.X here somewhere (no internet connection required).

Best to never use the sucky (is that a word?) official apps unless you have to (change a setting or calibrate). Third party apps (like Wheellog) are far superior for day-to-day use (and you can't accidentally disable all warnings or whatever with these).

2 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Try:

Android:

FB Gotway Group Files Section

or

Gotway's Actual site: Kebye.com (up top header menu "APPS")

iOS Gotway app is in the App store.

I wouldn't trust anything from their website. Nearly all of the wheels shown are old and they don't list the current models (like the Monster which has been available for 3/4's of a year). So I'm going to install some app that I download from there??? Good luck with that.

4 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The @Marty Backe 1.X app is newer than what you can get on kebye.com though.

I finally placed this app in the Downloads section of the forum

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I wouldn't trust anything from their website. Nearly all of the wheels shown are old and they don't list the current models (like the Monster which has been available for 3/4's of a year). So I'm going to install some app that I download from there??? Good luck with that.

Nothing not to trust, Kebye.com is their official site, however not updated.

Food for thought: just because an app is newer, doesn't mean it's 'better'.

3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Very nice! Thanks. Didn't even know regular members can post files:efeec46606:

I wasn't sure that I could. And I mostly forget that there is a Downloads section. I put the WheelLog app there too.

5 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Very nice! Thanks. Didn't even know regular members can post files:efeec46606:

Just now, Marty Backe said:

I wasn't sure that I could. And I mostly forget that there is a Downloads section. I put the WheelLog app there too.

Regular members can post files, but they all go through moderator approval first before they show up to other members.

I installed both DarknessBot and Gyometrics.  

Neither seems to be able to interface with wheel settings such as tilt back and calibration, alarms, etc.

Both seem to have nice metrics, DarknessBot looking really cool.

How do you select the wheel in Gyrometrics?  The list populates with at least 10 entries for me.  the list does not identify the entries with names such as gotway or anything else clearly descriptive.  It presents a really long stream of numbers and letters.  No indication of Gotway.  

DarknesBot found the wheel and offered to pair right away with ease.

1 minute ago, Pard said:

I installed both DarknessBot and Gyometrics.  

Neither seems to be able to interface with wheel settings such as tilt back and calibration, alarms, etc.

Both seem to have nice metrics, DarknessBot looking really cool.

How do you select the wheel in Gyrometrics?  The list populates with at least 10 entries for me, non of which indicate anything but a really long stream of numbers and letters.  No indication of Gotway.  

DarknesBot found the wheel and offered to pair right away with ease.

No 3rd Party app can change the settings...darknessbot can do for some wheels but not Gw

initial pairing with gyrometrics can be tricky....

in the settings menu enable "enable test mode"....(iphone settings)

then in the options in gyrometrics enable "debug server"...and do a "run" ...then it should find your wheel and after that everything works fine!

1 minute ago, KingSong69 said:

No 3rd Party app can change the settings...darknessbot can do for some wheels but not Gw

then in the options in gyrometrics enable "debug server"...and do a "run" ...then it should find your wheel and after that everything works fine!

Thanks!

So the Gotway3.4.51.apk from their kebye.com site is out of date then?  and what do I do to install it, just put it on my phone and... ?  I've only ever installed from PlayStore.

8 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

That worked.  Well done, wheel paired in gyrometrics as well. Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Catlord17 said:

So the Gotway3.4.51.apk from their kebye.com site is out of date then?  and what do I do to install it, just put it on my phone and... ?  I've only ever installed from PlayStore.

The Gotway app works, I downloaded from the apple app store. You need to have wifi access when you initialize it in order to run  it, not just initially, but every time.  That is my understanding and experience with it.

2 minutes ago, Catlord17 said:

You need to either launch it from a download manager, or use a file browser to search for the file, then launch (typically under a "Download" folder, depending on what browser you are using).

2 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

You need to either launch it from a download manager, or use a file browser to search for the file, then launch (typically under a "Download" folder, depending on what browser you are using).

Thanks.  I was hoping that was the case.

56 minutes ago, Pard said:

Cool.  Which do you recommend?

Are you able to change all the available parameters with each?

Thanks.

Both are very good, but personally, I'm not the type to stare at my phone while riding (FYI both have Apple Watch co-apps), so I'm more partial to Gyrometrics app, as, off-the-bat / by default, you connect as a "Run" and it logs in the background where you can reflect on the saved data later (think such charts are a paid add-on in DarknessBot)

Just now, houseofjob said:

Both are very good, but personally, I'm not the type to stare at my phone while riding (FYI both have Apple Watch co-apps), so I'm more partial to Gyrometrics app, as, off-the-bat / by default, you connect as a "Run" and it logs in the background where you can reflect on the data later (think such charts are a paid add-on in DarknessBot)

Excellent.  Thanks again!

Archived