Philadelphia/South Jersey/Delaware

Acturbo

8 hours ago, jas3 said:

I'm free both days and would prefer to meet at 8am or 9am and will happily ride up to 35 miles with you both.

@Jerome  @jas3

Lets shoot for Saturday at 8am.  Is everyone ok with this?  Same meeting spot as before JAS?  The temple boathouse parking lot on Kelly Dr.?

@Acturbo I'll meet you Saturday 8 AM at the Temple Boathouse on Kelly Dr.  I think the Wissahickon trail will be too wet to ride this weekend, given the insane amount of rain we've had this week. But I will ride wherever you like.

@Acturbo  @Jerome  9 AM is good for me on Sunday too.  And back at the Temple Boathouse on Kelly Dr. would be a good spot again.

2 hours ago, jas3 said:

@Acturbo I'll meet you Saturday 8 AM at the Temple Boathouse on Kelly Dr.  I think the Wissahickon trail will be too wet to ride this weekend, given the insane amount of rain we've had this week. But I will ride wherever you like.

@Acturbo  @Jerome  9 AM is good for me on Sunday too.  And back at the Temple Boathouse on Kelly Dr. would be a good spot again.

Okay Sunday at 9 am Temple Boat house parking lot. Have fun you two on Saturday!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/9/2019 at 12:14 PM, edwin_rm said:

How were the routes? Let’s plan a ride for when the weather warms up! 

@Jerome @jas3 @edwin_rm

Weather is warming up time to organize a ride........................................

Edwin, plenty of good routes in Philly, whether downtown or just riding Schuylkill river trail like we did in the past.  Can go downtown, ride Schuylkill or a bit of both, everything is right in that area.................... 

• Upvote 2

SRT is crazy crowded this time of year.  Yesterday I did Manayunk to Norristown and saw the aftermath of a high speed bicycle collision.  Police + ambulance on the scene.

Would prefer city streets or Wissahickon Trail or Valley Forge or even Chester Valley Trail until the cabin fever crowds start to thin out on the SRT.

• Upvote 1

On 3/31/2019 at 1:42 PM, jas3 said:

SRT is crazy crowded this time of year.  Yesterday I did Manayunk to Norristown and saw the aftermath of a high speed bicycle collision.  Police + ambulance on the scene.

Would prefer city streets or Wissahickon Trail or Valley Forge or even Chester Valley Trail until the cabin fever crowds start to thin out on the SRT.

Im down. Riding is riding.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just recently got a inmotion v8 and live in philly less than a mile from the srt and have also been riding at grays ferry park, where theres an under utilized skatepark to play on. I know i dont have the best range but ide still be down to go for rides if anyone else is down, i only know one person in the city with an euc and its one of the very first models with crap range and speed.

Happy to head out on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, Mr. Nimbus2000.  I would be happy to meet at Grays Ferry Park and also would love to head over to the airport to explore around Hog Island Road and Fort Mifflin Road as well.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw today - Saturday 6-1-19 someone on a wheel riding the Wissahickon Bike Trail. It was black the rider was wearing glasses. It might have been a KS  or Inmotion wheel. Anybody on this forum?

Nope, but I'm down for a group ride sometimes. Always jealous to see the great representation in the NY and DC areas, but it's been hard to pull the Philly folks together.  I know we must have near 10 who are on this forum, so let's do it.

On 6/1/2019 at 5:01 PM, Jerome said:

I saw today - Saturday 6-1-19 someone on a wheel riding the Wissahickon Bike Trail. It was black the rider was wearing glasses. It might have been a KS  or Inmotion wheel. Anybody on this forum?

That was me on my gotway tesla!

• Like 1

I plan on doing the philly e-riders meetup on the 8th, probably all boosted boards there but mite be fun if more people brought euc's

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nimbus2000 said:

I plan on doing the philly e-riders meetup on the 8th, probably all boosted boards there but mite be fun if more people brought euc's

Nice, I may be down for that. Do you have a link for the event?

• Like 1

Hello All-

I'm visiting Philly (from Baltimore) on Saturday the 15th and would love to get a ride in.   If anyone wants to join that would be great.  I was thinking of doing the srt since I've never been on it, but am open to suggestions.   I'm staying in South Philly and need to be at an event at Temple by around around 4PM, so whatever plans come together I need to wrap up by early afternoon.  If you're interested please get in touch.

Aside from the above, I ride regularly in DC with the Glydiators.  We also did a Baltimore ride last weekend, which we'll do again this summer.  Please check it out, and if interested join our Facebook or MeetUp groups linked below.  We're also on Instagram and are about to get a regular web page going.

Please join us any time in DC.  We also want to come up and do a Philly ride sometime this summer or fall, and maybe spin off a Philly chapter of Glydiators, so I'd love to meet a few of you and get some good ride ideas for when the group comes north.  Please feel free to reach out here or to pm me.

Thanks,
Jeff

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Glydiators/
https://wamu.org/story/19/05/24/meet-the-d-c-glydiators-the-electric-unicycle-fanatics-who-glide-all-over-the-region/

Edited by JBinBalt

On 6/4/2019 at 9:31 PM, HarpMudd said:

Looks like the event was moved to Jun 15th.  Monthly Group Rides ***June 2019 Edition***

Yeah thats the event, unfortonatley i have a juggling gig that day so i wont be able to make it anymore :(

I'm still looking for a ride on Saturday the 15th if anyone is game?  I see the Philly eRiders event that day, but I'm going to need to be done by around 2PM.  Look's like that's also a Boosted event, which I wouldn't mind checking out.  However, for that day, I'm not going to want to have to stop and charge after 7 miles ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2019 at 11:38 AM, jas3 said:

@JBinBalt PM me.  I’ll ride with you.  

The SRT is quite long.  Happy to do a ~25 mile run with you on the 15th.

jas, you live in Ardmore?  I thought I saw someone one day riding around suburban square.  I work right down the street.  I am always riding on lancaster or around suburban square for lunch and such.  I also ride from suburban to the SRT some nights to get in a quick ride before dark and blow off some steam.