Philadelphia/South Jersey/Delaware

Acturbo

Hello everyone,

Anyone that rides in the Delaware/South Jersey/Philadelphia area?  I'm starting to think I'm the only person in this area that rides.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

sometimes we ride LBI, but we know almost every street by heart by now, and besides we have troubles with the police here... so more often we grab our wheels and drive to some small towns or parks close to LBI on the mainland, and ride there - we like exploring new places, but have a few favorite routes too, which we revisit. Check out my videos in the Video thread here or my youtube channel, here is a EUC list there: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVxfAxdjEGg3PZ5734D_AdDZteB_qX0dd - just note summer clips are from the Oregon Columbia Gorge area.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, trya said:

sometimes we ride LBI, but we know almost every street by heart by now, and besides we have troubles with the police here... so more often we grab our wheels and drive to some small towns or parks close to LBI on the mainland, and ride there - we like exploring new places, but have a few favorite routes too, which we revisit. Check out my videos in the Video thread here or my youtube channel, here is a EUC list there: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVxfAxdjEGg3PZ5734D_AdDZteB_qX0dd - just note summer clips are from the Oregon Columbia Gorge area.

Gotcha, I'm in Wilmington, DE.  Looks like about 1:45 from you guys.  

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Roman Brenerbronfen said:

I ride in Philadelphia and live in south Philly. Have never seen another rider in the flesh!

That makes 2 of us.  I was just on the Schuylkill River Trail on Sunday(parked in Manayunk and Rode to Valley Forge) .  I'm in Wilmington, DE about 30-40 minutes from the city.  We are going to have a group ride soon with some of the guys from NYC as well as some of the guys from the DC area.  Philly seems to be an EUC dead zone.  

Anyways if you want to ride let me know.  I'm always up for a ride.....................................

• 3 months later...

I live in Philadelphia, and have been kicking scooting to work taking Kelly Drive to center city in warmer weather. The kick scooter has what I call an electric freewheel in that it will coast much further than a normal kick scooter. It's good exercise but I have to take the bus ( or walk) when faced with hills of almost any length. I am thinking about either an electric skateboard  or EUC. I have seen one Ninebot Segway Minipro and one electric skateboard during my commute home from center city on Kelly Drive bike path. I have never seen an euc there, but saw a young man on one on the sidewalk in an commercial retail area. I suspect EUCs could be argued to be EPANDs like two wheel Segways, and electric skateboards are in a grey area neither specifically allowed or prohibited on public streets-sidewalks-bike trails. What has been you current rider's experience with police and bike riders when riding your eucs in Philadelphia? Thanks, in advance.

Edited by Jerome

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2018 at 12:24 AM, Jerome said:

I live in Philadelphia, and have been kicking scooting to work taking Kelly Drive to center city in warmer weather. The kick scooter has what I call an electric freewheel in that it will coast much further than a normal kick scooter. It's good exercise but I have to take the bus ( or walk) when faced with hills of almost any length. I am thinking about either an electric skateboard  or EUC. I have seen one Ninebot Segway Minipro and one electric skateboard during my commute home from center city on Kelly Drive bike path. I have never seen an euc there, but saw a young man on one on the sidewalk in an commercial retail area. I suspect EUCs could be argued to be EPANDs like two wheel Segways, and electric skateboards are in a grey area neither specifically allowed or prohibited on public streets-sidewalks-bike trails. What has been you current rider's experience with police and bike riders when riding your eucs in Philadelphia? Thanks, in advance.

The weather should be getting warmer soon.  If anyone is interested we can meet up and ride.  I'm only 40 minutes from the city. 

To answer your question about police I'm not really sure as I have not ridden in the city enough to get an opinion.  

As far as your decision on EUC vs ESB vs Mini Pro.  All will serve the purpose.  I leans toward EUC for several reasons though:

Longer lasting battery(by far).  Faster(by far).  Better over different types of terrain.  The downside of course is its more expensive but likely worth it in the long run.

On 9/28/2017 at 11:11 PM, Roman Brenerbronfen said:

I ride in Philadelphia and live in south Philly. Have never seen another rider in the flesh!

Greetings Roman.  I am about 40 minutes from the city.  Once weather makes a turn for the better we should gather some riders and cruise around.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2018 at 10:04 PM, Roman Brenerbronfen said:

Yes I’ve been hibernating the EUC with this crappy weather. Keep me posted about any rides, I’ll PM you my email

I have only seen one EUC rider and that was on Kelly Drive bike path. I was unloading my wheel from my MC to take a ride when he went by.  Anyone on this forum?

On 4/18/2018 at 9:55 PM, edwin_rm said:

Sign me up for any long rides in these states. B)

On 4/21/2018 at 3:49 PM, Jrosenzweig said:

Hi I'm located in Baltimore area in Towson, MD not to far from Wilmington, DE and will be in seaside area this summer. Currently riding ninebot one e+ and ordered v10F. Let me know if you want to arrange ride.

Greetings Jrosenweig.  I am in Wilmington, DE.  I normally participate in many of the group rides from NY down to DC.  Always looking for locals.  Let me know. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this is last minute guys, not really a group ride but if anyone wants to ride for a bit in the early AM tomorrow I'm gonna be starting downtown and hitting the Schuylkill river trail to scout a route for a future group ride.  If anyone is interested you are more than welcome to cruise around with me for a bit.  It's supposed to be close to 100 degrees tomorrow so It'll be early probably 7 or 8am. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2017 at 11:11 PM, Roman Brenerbronfen said:

Hi, I’m in south PHILLY and just got my first EU. If you have time and patience for a beginner, I’d live to meet up sometime.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/8/2018 at 9:46 PM, Salvatore Patrone said:

Hi, I’m in south PHILLY and just got my first EU. If you have time and patience for a beginner, I’d live to meet up sometime.

Greetings Salvatore,

I was actually thinking of heading up that way this weekend either Saturday or Sunday.  I normally ride around center city and on the Schuylkill river trail.  If you are free one day let me know.  I'd be more than happy to have you along(at whatever pace you are comfortable with).  Sorry for the delayed response.  Have not been frequenting the forums as much as I used to.   

What wheel do you have?

22 hours ago, HarpMudd said:

Hi Folks, I'm a new wheel rider living in West Chester. Still developing my skills, but zipping around fairly well for a newbie.  I have a Solowheel G3.  I'd definitely be up for a ride some time.

Hey Harp,

I'm pretty close to you.  Where have you been riding in West Chester?  I do the Northern DE greenway trail quite a bit and also head into Philly sometimes.  The battery on your wheel is a bit limiting for longer rides but if you'd like to ride some time I'd be down for it.  Let me know.................

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Acturbo said:

Hey Harp,

I'm pretty close to you.  Where have you been riding in West Chester?  I do the Northern DE greenway trail quite a bit and also head into Philly sometimes.  The battery on your wheel is a bit limiting for longer rides but if you'd like to ride some time I'd be down for it.  Let me know.................

I've been mainly riding around neighborhoods at night just getting some time under my belt.  I live outside of the borough.  I only weigh 140, so should be able to max out the mileage.. I've yet to charge it to 100% and ride until it's dead.  I work near the PA/DE border, so could do an after work ride - I'd be up for checking out the Northern DE greenway trail.  Also up for Schuylkill River Trail or any of the others.

• Upvote 1