Are you an offroad freak?

Spark

I consider myself as an offroad freak, together with some of my fellows. But we don't ride very fast, we just try to conquer the most difficult terrains for EUCs such as snow hills, ice, stony surfaces, deep grassland and extreme slopes.
off-snow.jpg.66bf2f049df3eb0eb8bcd5916800e863.jpg
off-stony.thumb.jpg.ce89761dc0fa46084a1f0cb5a2e1f874.jpg

• 1 month later...

I love offroading with my KS-16S, especially after I installed a 2.5" tire. Although I mostly ride just on dirt roads, as my feet get tired quite quickly on rougher offroad. I'm also more into trials style riding, as I find offroad speeding too risky.

An idea of a 18" wheel has been haunting on me for a while now. I really wish I'd get to try a 18", but EUCs are still hard to come by here. Once the Ninebot Z8/10 reviews come online, I think I'll choose between that and KS-18S/L.

While off-roading improves one skill like nothing else, I do not see EUCs being tough enough yet. Just look at the tremendous expense trick riding costs, and since off-roading is a subset of trick-riding it follows EUC aren't recommended for off-roarding.

In fact, my KS and Inmotion manuals both say "don't off-road"! That's probably a good idea. While EUCs will undoubtedly become more off-road worthy, right now don't do it.

Also, the injuries incurred by @EUC Extreme is probably a good reason not to off-road. Unless it makes it really happy and you've got health insurance or belong to a country that has national health insurance.

6 hours ago, LanghamP said:

off-roading

... is a complicated term, so I'd avoid generalisations about the dangers. My off-roading has nothing to do with how EUC Extreme rides, except that they both happen off tarmac. The paths and trails I ride are smoother than most of the tarmac bike lanes around here.

off-roading is a subset of trick-riding

I disagree. I don't know how to do tricks, but I know how to ride on smooth trails.

In fact, my KS and Inmotion manuals both say "don't off-road"!

I would too if I found it difficult to separate guidelines for smooth paths and high speeds on extremely coarse terrains.

Can't help but take Marty Backe as an example. He does quite a bit of off-roading, yet to my understanding one of his worst fallings happened on road. I think the guide books should say "Don't Gotway" instead!

:P

Archived