Ninebot - version 4 app

Bob Eisenman

50 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

You predicted it.

Yeah, but i figured it would be in a month.  Now I don't know if changing phones fixed the speedometer problem, or the updated app fixed it.  But I'm pretty sure something was wrong with the phone, because no one else reported a problem with the speedometer, just the lights.

1 hour ago, radial said:

No updates out there yet for IOS.  Did the Android update clear up the lights off problem?

I wrote an email to (from the Google Play Store downloads page)

biao.zhang@ninebot.com

It reads:

An 'Electric Unicycle Forum' user (Radial) claims that upgrading the app (iOS Apple OS) to version 4 results in the loss of his LEDs.

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/7710-ninebot-version-4-app/?page=2

On 7/15/2017 at 0:28 AM, Bob Eisenman said:

I wrote an email to (from the Google Play Store downloads page)

biao.zhang@ninebot.com

It reads:

An 'Electric Unicycle Forum' user (Radial) claims that upgrading the app (iOS Apple OS) to version 4 results in the loss of his LEDs.

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/7710-ninebot-version-4-app/?page=2

Users (plural)

5 hours ago, radial said:

No updates out there yet for IOS.  Did the Android update clear up the lights off problem?

I've read that the app called Ninedroid (rhymes with Android) can fix the Ninebot version 4 problem 

I've read that Ninedroid also (installs ) runs on Apple 

I've installed Ninedroid (latest version) to my Android phone and without setting up an account login it can find and Bluetooth link to my Ninebot with full interface functionality for changing lights, monitoring riding values, etc.

I ran Ninedroid independently from the installed Ninebot version 4 app and changed the LED displays on my Ninebot. I didn't attempt to do much else with Ninedroid because my installed Ninebot version 4 has no user issues.

Ninedroid can be found (latest version) in the downloads section of this forum, where  I downloaded it and installed it for use. 

I hope this helps.

5 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

I've read that the app called Ninedroid (rhymes with Android) can fix the Ninebot version 4 problem 

I've read that Ninedroid also (installs ) runs on Apple 

I've installed Ninedroid (latest version) to my Android phone and without setting up an account login it can find and Bluetooth link to my Ninebot with full interface functionality for changing lights, monitoring riding values, etc.

I ran Ninedroid independently from the installed Ninebot version 4 app and changed the LED displays on my Ninebot. I didn't attempt to do much else with Ninedroid because my installed Ninebot version 4 has no user issues.

Ninedroid can be found (latest version) in the downloads section of this forum, where  I downloaded it and installed it for use. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Bob, this did help!  I was unable to download the Ninedroid app to my iPhone.  Not sure why, but every time I tried, I got this error screen from the website:  

IMG_4166.thumb.PNG.a37b93ef7ccc5411f486c4ec8e8f02b3.PNG

HOWEVER, in the process of trying to download, I suddenly remembered my daughter has an Android phone.  Borrowed her phone, downloaded the app, got it talking to my wheel, turned the light switch back on, cycled the power on the wheel, and viola!  Lights are back!  

11 hours ago, radial said:

I was unable to download the Ninedroid app to my iPhone.

HoodRiderz , from who I purchased my Ninebot posts on their website a directive on how to find and download Ninedroid. Not surprising to find out that Ninedroid must be downloaded from iTunes for Ninedroid Apple users

https://hoodriderz.com/products/ninebot-one-s2

11 hours ago, radial said:

my daughter has an Android phone.  Borrowed her phone, downloaded the app, got it talking to my wheel, turned the light switch back on,

Good thinking. Great to know it works.

31056.JPG

Rider stiffness settings scale values for Ninedroid and Ninebot version 4 are reversed. I'm riding on a Ninedroid stiffness value of 2 (hard) which Ninebot version 4 calls a stiffness 2(soft).

At the end of a longer ride where my battery was getting low (6 miles) I recalibrated and found the pedals to be extremely flexible (out of jorizontal pendulum swing vs horizontal all the time while riding-braking).

Using Ninedroid stiffness of 2 (hard) restored horizontal pedal position for the recharged Ninebot One E+. I'd never experienced such a 'loose' feeling ride before.

Recently I had installed Ninedroid 'just to see what it does'. 

NINEDROID 

31898.jpg

Ninebot App version 4

31901.jpg

43 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Rider stiffness settings scale values for Ninedroid and Ninebot version 4 are reversed. I'm riding on a Ninedroid stiffness value of 2 (hard) which Ninebot version 4 calls a stiffness 2(soft).

At the end of a longer ride where my battery was getting low (6 miles) I recalibrated and found the pedals to be extremely flexible (out of jorizontal pendulum swing vs horizontal all the time while riding-braking).

Using Ninedroid stiffness of 2 (hard) restored horizontal pedal position for the recharged Ninebot One E+. I'd never experienced such a 'loose' feeling ride before.

Recently I had installed Ninedroid 'just to see what it does'. 

NINEDROID 

31898.jpg

Ninebot App version 4

31901.jpg

I noticed that also, it doesn't make sense.  I just figured it was a translation mistake.  But also in the nindroid app, I can pick more speeds for the tiltback, but cannot turn on the speed limiter without signing in, and I tried to sign in with the 4.0 login, didn't work, so I tried to register as a new user,  couldn't.  I figured that since the app was supported 2013 to 2015, that you can no longer register it, and some of the functions don't work.  That's okay, though, because for checking battery voltage, ride time, distance traveled, average speed, instant current usage, and the speedometer itself all work well, and the bluetooth connects instantly.  And as far as ranking goes, when the new 4.0 app came out, I lost all my N coins for the 10 times I updated the app before then.  Who cares, but now I am no longer a silver knight.:crying:

3 hours ago, steve454 said:

Who cares, but now I am no longer a silver knight.

Keep trying the version 4 app on a good low latency wifi connection (with Ninebot Bluetooth connected?).

The top of the 'me' display shows them (medals) all but only several appear in the 'medal hall' found by pressing on the tiny medal display shown below. Empty space on the medal Hall has responsive areas and appropriate medal display 'prompt' buttons where medals should be appearing.

Just after upgrading to version 4 everything in the medal hall displayed properly. My wifi is in minimal G mode, as opposed to 3G mode, until the next billing cycle on my phone.

It's possible that it's not wifi related but it seems like a good guess.

31958.jpg

4 hours ago, steve454 said:

I tried to sign in with the 4.0 login, didn't work, so I tried to register as a new user,  couldn't.  I figured that since the app was supported 2013 to 2015, that you can no longer register it

Ditto......with that Ninedroid experience.

Initially after app version 4 was installed the mileage and rank corresponded correctly in the rank displays.?

For the last several days , at all convenient low latency public WiFi hotspots tried, false values such as the one shown below have been displayed. It is supposed to update on Mondays after a double use per day login.

??

31960.jpg

All of my unusual issues (extreme pedal swing, inverse rider stiffness settings scale response , incorrect mileage in rank display, loss of 'medal hall' icon display) follow installing Ninedroid AFTER SUCCESSFULLY USING Ninebot App version 4.

Just an observation.

It may fix LEDs (like @Radial) by doing something (firmware value sampling?) that other functions of Ninebot app version 4 were not designed to deal with.

Moral of story....why use Ninedroid unless absolutely necessary.

I think I'll try going back to previous version of the Ninebot app (if it is in downloads) and see if I get the rank display and mileage to be correct and then go from there in terms of reinstalling version 4 of the Ninebot App. The rider stiffness value reversal issue I've recently encountered is another matter to keep an eye on.

Of course, first I'll uninstall Ninedroid.

Am I wrong or guessing that the 4 in app version four have something to do with the Bluetooth 4 standard ? The plethora of Ninebot vehicle types has likely left us mere Ninebot riders in the dust electronically in terms of Bluetooth.

17 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Keep trying the version 4 app on a good low latency wifi connection (with Ninebot Bluetooth connected?).

The top of the 'me' display shows them (medals) all but only several appear in the 'medal hall' found by pressing on the tiny medal display shown below. Empty space on the medal Hall has responsive areas and appropriate medal display 'prompt' buttons where medals should be appearing.

Just after upgrading to version 4 everything in the medal hall displayed properly. My wifi is in minimal G mode, as opposed to 3G mode, until the next billing cycle on my phone.

It's possible that it's not wifi related but it seems like a good guess.

31958.jpg

Wow, level 7, I didn't know it went that high.  You have all the medals.  I'll try the wifi, but lately have only been using Ninedroid at the end of rides, because the bluetooth connects much quicker, and I like the display a little better.

17 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

false values such as the one shown below have been displayed. It is supposed to update on Mondays after a double use per day login.

Again you have mentioned a double log in per day will make changes.  I leave mine logged in all the time, because on my phone it's kind of a pain to type in the password and username, and also because if I stay logged in, I don't have to remember the username and password and possibly get it wrong and not be able to use the app.

Did you just notice from experience that two logins in a day made changes?  Where did you learn about Monday updates?

3 hours ago, steve454 said:

Did you just notice from experience that two logins in a day made changes?  Where did you learn about Monday updates?

It's part of the app display you see when you use it.

• 7 months later...

Archived