NinebotOne app won't run, just a login screen?

Juggler

Have been using the app since August 2016 with very few problems. Still using the original version as i always say "if it aint broke, don't fix it!"

Today when I tried to start the app it brought up a login screen! so I entered my username and password to which I got the message "Network request error, error code 6"  Tried all ways to log in but failed and now I cant run the app. Any ideas?

Was thinking of uninstalling and re instsalling the new app but worried I will lose all my mileage, points data.

13 minutes ago, Juggler said:

Was thinking of uninstalling and re instsalling the new app but worried I will lose all my mileage, points data.

Have you turned off your phone and turned it back on?  That will restart the app, it may have started running bad.  If you upgrade to the newest version, you shouldn't lose anything.  I've updated the app 8 or 10 times, never lost mileage or points.

Thanks guys.

I have tried re starting the phone, but same problem. Don't understand why all of a sudden it want me to log in to my account.

Will try updating the app, fingers crossed

Updated the app, and now get the message "Notice ; Due to server maintenance, app will be temporarily out of service from July 9th to July 10th.!!"

Pity that message dddn't come up before i just updated the app!!

Yeah, too bad, but since you didn't get the message before, the old app was not up to the job since it was not reading server messages.  The new app is cool!  You should like it when you get used to it.

Just now, SuperSport said:

Yeah, too bad, but since you didn't get the message before, the old app was not up to the job since it was not reading server messages.  The new app is cool!  You should like it when you get used to it.

I hope I do like it, because I won't be able to go back to the old version

4 hours ago, Juggler said:

I hope I do like it, because I won't be able to go back to the old version

It looks the same pretty much, the first screen with the speedometer I think has never changed.  

Bummer, this morning my app was working, read your post after my ride and hoped it was an isolated incident, rode again about an hour and a half ago, and tried to open the app at the end of the ride to see mileage traveled, battery charge, etc.  and got the notification that log on data was outdated,  it wanted me to log in.  It's the same thing that happened when I changed phones and installed the app on the new phone (except when installing the app on the new phone there was no log on data outdated message)  a few months ago,  but so far I have not tried to log in because you said there was a server problem anyway.  I'll try again tomorrow.  This is annoying:eff0541f4a:  Server maintenance, oh well.:eff006f726:

I had the same problem and posted in the MiniPro forum.  It's a terrible design decision, having the app totally dependent on the internet just to function.  I was not able to change any settings or check my remaining mileage while the server was and is still down.  Whoever made the decision to have the app work this way should be demoted.  These companies have too much control and want to be connected to us 24/7, log every mile we do, and keep tabs on everywhere we go.  If a server goes down in another country it should not stop us from being able to use the products we own.

I experienced the same.  I will wait to see if they bring the server back up and allow us to keep using the same old app.  First time in over 2 years that this has happened.  I had actually forgotten that one *must* log in before one can use the app.  

5 hours ago, cloudust said:

Ninebot is updating the app to v4.0. It should be working now.

I just checked, it still is asking me to log in.  7:47 am central time.  Where did you hear the app was updating?  I have updated the app before and it never asked me to log in, only when first installing the app on a new phone, or the one time I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, I had to log in the first time.  But it is still early in the day, I will give it till the 11th before I try to log in, hopefully after the server maintenance is done, log in won't be required, because I forgot the password.

Mine Updated to 4.0 last night.  When I started it this morning, it said my login had expired.  On the N Fans Club tab, I touched the globe on the top left and selected English as my preferred Country and pressed OK.  I then tapped ME and signed in again.  It works fine and shows all my info as before. 6:00am Pacific Time.  Now it's not requiring my phone number like it did before, just my Username and Password.

8 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Mine Updated to 4.0 last night.  When I started it this morning, it said my login had expired.  On the N Fans Club tab, I touched the globe on the top left and selected English as my preferred Country and pressed OK.  I then tapped ME and signed in again.  It works fine and shows all my info as before. 6:00am Pacific Time.  Now it's not requiring my phone number like it did before, just my Username and Password.

Updated mine this morning, I had to request a pin code to reset my password (forgot the old one)  took me three tries requesting the code be sent to my email, as soon as you request a code a 120 second timer starts counting down, It took longer than that for it to show up in my email.  Finally logged in and the app looks completely different, white screen with speedometer looks way different and is only showing the top half of the readout.  It was two steps to connect, first had to search, then tap on the bluetooth name to connect.  Sometimes connects quickly, sometimes no connection, had to retry.  Thinking the app might have loaded poorly, I uninstalled and reinstalled it, but it still looks the same with the incomplete speedometer.  Basic information works well, and I was able to calibrate the pedals, but now the speed lock only turns on and off, and there is no range of speeds to select anymore.  I'm on Android 6.0.1, this is the first time an app update has changed the look of the app so much.  I don't like it much, but mainly only used it to see distance and time ridden, battery level and temperature, and set the suspension sensitivity, and I can still do that.  Oh yeah, they added a function that lets you take pictures while in the app, and look at your photo gallery to choose pictures you already have, but the gallery pictures were upside down.

15 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

On iOS, I quite like the app. None of those issues you speak of there. 

Damn!:eff0541f4a:  It looks like a battle between Apple and Google!  And Apple is winning and I am on Android!

ugh,

i saw the new update this morning for v4. 0 on the Apple side/iphone.  But since then, i've switched to using the darknessbot.  i can't beleive Ninebot left owners out in the ran like that.

1. It is not hard to deploy a 2nd front-end.
2. Migrating from 1 database to a new 2nd, could have been ported.
3. The downtime SHOULD NOT have caused the app to be broken.

Really it's why i switched apps.   i could care less of the login/chat ability,  the stats are what is important..

there a darkness bot for android??

11 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Damn!:eff0541f4a:  It looks like a battle between Apple and Google!  And Apple is winning and I am on Android!

I'm usually on the loosing side of that, so finally I'm not!!!  ?

2 minutes ago, SeattleAbarth said:

Not that I'm aware of. I use it for my EUCs and Mini Pro. Great app!

On 7/10/2017 at 6:43 PM, SeattleAbarth said:

ugh,

i saw the new update this morning for v4. 0 on the Apple side/iphone.  But since then, i've switched to using the darknessbot.  i can't beleive Ninebot left owners out in the ran like that.

1. It is not hard to deploy a 2nd front-end.
2. Migrating from 1 database to a new 2nd, could have been ported.
3. The downtime SHOULD NOT have caused the app to be broken.

Really it's why i switched apps.   i could care less of the login/chat ability,  the stats are what is important..

You should download Ninedroid from the download tab up above.  The main screen has the large speedometer, shows miles ridden down to the hundredth of a mile, temperature, and watts.  I was amazed to see how much the watts go up climbing or descending hills.  And this is without logging in.  To calibrate the pedals it looks like you have to be logged in, because you have to lock the wheel first, and that button at the top of the screen does not work without logging in.  I like it better than v4.0

I actually downloaded it from a google site, because I stay logged on here on my laptop and forgot my password to log in on my phone.  I first went to NinebotUS's website, they had download for IOS and Android, but the Android was not available anymore so I went to a different website and downloaded.

On 7/10/2017 at 6:17 PM, SuperSport said:

On iOS, I quite like the app. None of those issues you speak of there. 

After I changed to a different brand of Tracfone, the app now works well, I can see the whole speedometer readout.  I guess my old phone had a glitch.  It was a Samsung galaxy Luna, i changed to an LG Rebel, they both have Android 6.0

Ninedroid main screen @SeattleAbarth  oops, I went to Google images and tried to past it here.:huh:  It showed up and when I hit save it disappeared.  Just Google imaged DarknessBot, nice looking app, has a slider to set speed limts, too bad it doesn't run on Android.

Archived