Upgrade from Ninebot One E+ to GW Acm or msuper v3 or kingsong KS18ay+

I am thinking to buy a new wheel. I am currently riding a Ninebot One E+, but I am constantly hitting the tiltback and it's maximum speed of 23km/h. I can just jump on and off curves and I am riding a bit off-road, but mostly on road. I am weighting 71Kg. Currently I am not doing very long runs. Mostly 5 to 10km. I am doubting between these 3:

Kingsong KS18ay+ 680wh from http://www.1radwerkstatt.de for 1349€

Gotway ACMs 1300wh (84V) from https://onewheel.be/en/ for 1395€

Gotway Msuper V3 680wh from https://onewheel.be/en/ for 1349€

I am doubting to go for the ACM because I like the agility of 16" and I know I will like the extra power it has and the fun that will come with it. The handle is the only reason I would buy the Super v3. I don't want to spent more then 1395€ so I can not go for the 84V versions of the Msuper. The reason I would go for the Kingsong is simply because, if you check the Kingsong part of the forum, not half of the topics is about bad quality of the products... (referring to the quality issues of gateway latest months...)

Which wheel would you buy??? 

Edited by D i c K (ie)
  • Upvote 1

To buy a 18" inch wheel with that power....and just 680wh is in my view a bit to less...so nr 1 and 3 are out of the race.

So with the 3 options i would choose the ACM....or go for higher range/watthour and take a KS18S or a V3s+, but seams your focus is not to spend more than 1400bucks AND have an european seller(which is btw always good)

So then there is only the ACM 1300wh left...you can install a trolley on it, also!

• Upvote 2

Hmm those are some good prices in Belgium. Is that a reputable/known shop? Wondering if EUC prices might fall in the future.

• What about KS16S? 1rad sells the 680Wh for 1330.
  • But @KingSong69 is right, buying any of these super nice wheels with such small battery is a bit self-defeating and not good use of so much money. Experience shows, you will use your wheel for longer rides if you have the capability (faster, more range). I would not interpolate from the Ninebot (which is slower and much weaker=less fun acceleration, after all), unless you're very sure you definitely absolutely won't go for longer rides than you do now.
  • I would argue for the 1300Wh ACM simply because it has a much bigger battery than your alternatives. It's a great wheel, and the battery defeats any contenders with below 1000Wh.
  • I would be worried about buying an ACM (or msuper V3) now because you might still get one of the bad firmware units unless the dealer can not only guarantee that the wheel is safe, but also explain specifically why he knows this, in as many details as possible (Gotway lied/misinformed other dealers so if they only go by what GW tells them, not enough). Personally, I would want an ACM with production date in July to be sure it was produced after Gotway fixed all their issues. You could ask the dealer for the production date - either before April 15th but not before March [if I remember correctly] because then you have the old, bad motor connectors, or after June (these would be my extreme, personal margins but better safe than sorry). Production date is on the box, the number under the bar code. So dealer easily can tell if you ask and tell him that. Mine is 11th April (170411xxx), for comparison.
  • Also I'd not buy a 18Awhatever now, because the 18S is coming very soon, and then either you can take that (greatly improved/redone wheel), or the 18AY might be cheaper.
  • If money is a concern, how about buying from Aliexpress? For your 1400€ limit, with some luck you can get pretty much every wheel (except Monster), so you exchange service/local dealer for a better price. I believe "Green an fashion travalling shop" (or so) and "Rockwheel store" are reputed sellers that include import taxes etc everything in the price. Ask for a discount (usual in China) for best price.
Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, D i c K (ie) said:

The handle is the only reason I would buy the Super v3.

Not a great reason to buy the MSuperV3; the handle is pretty poor quality, in the worst orientation.

That said, the MSuperV3 is one of the best wheels available, but the handle is not the reason why you buy it.

3 hours ago, D i c K (ie) said:

The reason I would go for the Kingsong is simply because, if you check the Kingsong part of the forum, not half of the topics is about bad quality of the products... (referring to the quality issues of gateway latest months...)

The fact that, despite all this, you still included 2 out of 3 wheels as Gotway, probably means you still want to buy a Gotway ;)

Edited by houseofjob
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Hmm those are some good prices in Belgium. Is that a reputable/known shop? Wondering if EUC prices might fall in the future.

• What about KS16S? 1rad sells the 680Wh for 1330.
  • But @KingSong69 is right, buying any of these super nice wheels with such small battery is a bit self-defeating and not good use of so much money. Experience shows, you will use your wheel for longer rides if you have the capability (faster, more range). I would not interpolate from the Ninebot (which is slower and much weaker=less fun acceleration, after all), unless you're very sure you definitely absolutely won't go for longer rides than you do now.
  • I would argue for the 1300Wh ACM simply because it has a much bigger battery than your alternatives. It's a great wheel, and the battery defeats any contenders with below 1000Wh.
  • I would be worried about buying an ACM (or msuper V3) now because you might still get one of the bad firmware units unless the dealer can not only guarantee that the wheel is safe, but also explain specifically why he knows this, in as many details as possible (Gotway lied/misinformed other dealers so if they only go by what GW tells them, not enough). Personally, I would want an ACM with production date in July to be sure it was produced after Gotway fixed all their issues. You could ask the dealer for the production date - either before April 15th but not before March [if I remember correctly] because then you have the old, bad motor connectors, or after June (these would be my extreme, personal margins but better safe than sorry). Production date is on the box, the number under the bar code. So dealer easily can tell if you ask and tell him that. Mine is 11th April (170411xxx), for comparison.
  • Also I'd not buy a 18Awhatever now, because the 18S is coming very soon, and then either you can take that (greatly improved/redone wheel), or the 18AY might be cheaper.
  • If money is a concern, how about buying from Aliexpress? For your 1400€ limit, with some luck you can get pretty much every wheel (except Monster), so you exchange service/local dealer for a better price. I believe "Green an fashion travalling shop" (or so) and "Rockwheel store" are reputed sellers that include import taxes etc everything in the price. Ask for a discount (usual in China) for best price.

Thanks for the advise. 

I never bought from onewheel.be before, so I cannot say if they have good reputation. I already called him last week. He said it were new units that were already shipped with the new (old) firmware. It's a good tip to ask him the production date on the box. I will call him tomorrow.

I checked the rockwheel store on Aliexpress and there it is stated that the price is without taxes. I also never bought something on Aliexpress. I will contact the dealer to ask him best price with shipping and import taxes to Belgium included.

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Not a great reason to buy the MSuperV3; the handle is pretty poor quality, in the worst orientation.

That said, the MSuperV3 is one of the best wheels available, but the handle is not the reason why you buy it.

The fact that, despite all this, you still included 2 out of 3 wheels as Gotway, probably means you still want to buy a Gotway ;)

The handle is indeed not the only reason for buying the MSuperV3. Everyone who has one without errors seems very happy with it. But the included handle seems like a big plus for me, because I hate it to carry my current ninebot in a store or at work. The handle you can buy for the ACM and mount yourself doesn't look very pro, and also looks a bit dangerous for your legs if you fall of the unicycle...

6 minutes ago, D i c K (ie) said:

I checked the rockwheel store on Aliexpress and there it is stated that the price is without taxes. I also never bought something on Aliexpress. I will contact the dealer to ask him best price with shipping and import taxes to Belgium included.

Like said: Ordering from a local store is a good one!

but believe me...prices on Rockwheel store by Ups express or ups saver are including taxes, as long as it is into EU!

allready bought 3 wheels there....they go over the netherlands and pop up at your door without probs, taxes or something more to pay 

• Upvote 1

If you want a really nice handle (and wheel) get the 16S.

The Aliexpress tip was more meant like this: think what wheel you would buy without money considerations, and then maybe see if you can get a good price there. Might work:) It would be sad if you don't have the wheel you really want just because local prices are too high. But of course local dealer and service can be very nice. No experience with Ali whatsoever, but I believe a seller might send you a new board or motor if something's wrong, but everything else (more complicated) you're on your own. Also if you talk to them they can answer questions and give discount and whatever.

16 inch seems to be a great allrounder size, and your original thought of the ACM is not bad at all! (and the 16S is a nice option you didn't mention, but the ACM has the sweet, sweet big battery) But try to get the wheel you really want, that's my point. You'll have to know for yourself what that is, and how much you care about local dealer given that wheel.

Good sign to hear you can call the Belgium dealer!

Edited by meepmeepmayer

21 minutes ago, D i c K (ie) said:

The handle is indeed not the only reason for buying the MSuperV3. Everyone who has one without errors seems very happy with it. But the included handle seems like a big plus for me, because I hate it to carry my current ninebot in a store or at work. The handle you can buy for the ACM and mount yourself doesn't look very pro, and also looks a bit dangerous for your legs if you fall of the unicycle...

I would argue the ACM handle is better than the MSuperV3 one (for reference, I don't really like either).

Even though the MSuperV3 handle is integrated, it doesn't lock into place like the ACM attachment handle. One of our NYC MSuperV3 riders got into a crash trying to avoid a sudden pedestrian, and his handle flew out and bent, necessitating replacing said handle.

Edited by houseofjob

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Wow, that was fast. 18S! Nice. Somehow I expected you to go for 16 inch, not sure why (maybe the handle talk). Which battery size?

I already have read every topic in this forum on these wheels, so I already did some serious investigation on these wheels before I started this topic.

I was tending more to Kingsong then to Gotway because of the way they seem to handle quality better then Gotway but they are also a bit more expensive... After you all told me I really need more then 680Wh, I also was convinced I needed the bigger battery. After checking your input and good tips from @KingSong69 I contacted the rockwheel store on Aliexpress. I discovered I can not only have a newer and better model then I had in mind, but even with bigger battery (1360Wh) and for 128€ less then my budget. Now the hardest thing will start! Waiting for the wheel!!-_-

Edited by D i c K (ie)
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Bambino said:

I have ordered my Kingsong 18s 1500w/1640wh in Rockwheel store to.

waiting begins...

My order still did not change to status "Shipped". Yesterday I contacted the seller to ask when it would be shipped. He told me today, and it would take approximately 15 days to receive it. But it is still not shipped...:wacko:

I will let you know when the status changes.

Edited by D i c K (ie)

Then another thing:

I have heard from different sources that KS again changed their price-politics and making it harder/more expensive for small sellers to get just one wheel from the factory!! If that is true...we might be the last happy customers receiving a cheap KS from aliexpress! It might be that the aliexpress door than closes forever.....

14 minutes ago, D i c K (ie) said:

I know I need to be patient. ;) But I feel like my six year old son, waiting for his birthday presents!! :D:w00t2:

i know exactly how that feels...but i can only assure you thats all normal....see my bold writing...it will even get worse the waiting! Just that you know:-)

Edited by KingSong69
  • Upvote 2

I ordered a KS-18S too, but from Jason@eWheels.  Shipped out on Tuesday(Label created on Monday), arriving next Monday.  Wish it was shipped out on Monday instead so I would have gotten it today!  Can't wait to for the 18S for more speed and learning to rid sitting!

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

@KingSong69 Do you know if you got some documents with the shipment of your unicycles from Rockwheel store with proof that import taxes were payed? Is it officially brought into the EU? I am checking if I could ride the KS-18S legal in Belgium.

(If I follow the Belgium laws for speedelec, I need to sign in my vehicle with the authorities. Therefore it already must be imported in the EU and through Belgium customs. It also needs to have a COC - certificate of conformity.)

Edited by D i c K (ie)