I signed up to this forum just to thank Alex Markin for putting these 3d models available for everyone. Printed them in a local store with black PLA. looks stunning and feels super strong at a fraction of the cost a new handle bar costs.

Unfortunately I'm not able to upload images here

• 1 year later...

I came across this thread when I noticed mine cracking after my segway threw me (more like bucked me - it was pushing back at low speed, completely different problem, a reset fixed it). 

I noticed my control column getting more and more "wobbly" (I have a ninebot S-Max, the one with the handle bar and steering "wheel"). Its the same thing as a miniPro, but more like a traditional segway, yet can still be fitted with a knee bar. 

I plan on getting a Creatility Ender 3 S1 Pro printer - been wanting one for a while, and now that a replacement "lower steering bar assembly" is on the way, I want to print the bigger clamp to stop the new assembly from cracking. I will be grounding my ride until such time as I print the clamp. I won't be rideless as I also have a V8F EUC. 

Any tips on setting up cura for a sucessful 3D print of the STL for both the big clamp and the insert created by the two geniuses on this thread? I already have a lineup of videos for properly levelling the bed of the printer and tuning Z axis. I suppose if I can print a benchy and cube properly I should be able to print these with good quality too. 

Mine cracked early on in the piece as I had not noticed the screws backing out until my steering wheel became wobbly on a ride and had to stop by a hardware store to get blue thread locker and allen wrenches to put them back in. Sadly the damage had already been done and it has gotten progressivly worse. Luckily my machine was still under warranty (thank god for Australia's ACL) and the company whom I bought it off (Electric Kicks, they're great!) sent me a new lower steering assmebly for free! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I printed the bracket with suggestions from a youtube video on my model of printer (I changed to a Solvol SV01 Pro) and it came out well. Got the last packet of bolts/nuts from the local hardware store. Will be fitting it on the weekend before my usual weekend ride (to the pub - I'm aussie!) ;)

• Like 1