On 8/6/2017 at 1:48 PM, Alex Markin said:

i printed two of these for my wife's mini pro in taulman 618 neylone (they use it to print human bones) so, despite the fact that knee bar is cracked completely - two  brackets do the job and we can ride our mini pro like new

IMG_0196.JPG 2017-08-06 22-44-32.png

IMG_0198.JPG 2017-08-06 22-44-13.png

Nice print, whatcha using? Taulman is strong stuff. I found Pla to be > than the plastic they use for the trolley knob. Unreal how weak the molded plastic is on the handle. My pla custom printed handle is still in one piece vs the third day the little knob cracked.

Edited by SegwayMiniPro

On 08.08.2017 at 1:25 PM, SegwayMiniPro said:

Nice print, whatcha using? Taulman is strong stuff. I found Pla to be > than the plastic they use for the trolley knob. Unreal how weak the molded plastic is on the handle. My pla custom printed handle is still in one piece vs the third day the little knob cracked.

I use my custom prusa mendel printer and i trinted this clamp in Taulman618 and in black PLA - both are doing fine so far

My advise to all of you: print this clamp and attach it BEFORE your handle start to break

On 8/9/2017 at 8:27 AM, Alex Markin said:

I use my custom prusa mendel printer and i trinted this clamp in Taulman618 and in black PLA - both are doing fine so far

My advise to all of you: print this clamp and attach it BEFORE your handle start to break

Yep. ? thanks for the files ... I just use a older mini handle so far no issues. But I have another MiniPro with cracks that are starting ?

2 hours ago, SegwayMiniPro said:

Yep. ? thanks for the files ... I just use a older mini handle so far no issues. But I have another MiniPro with cracks that are starting ?

if cracks are small yet - just print two of the clamps ant you should be ok. My wife's mini pro cracks almost completely but two clams do the trick – we still riding on it

On 8/9/2017 at 7:27 AM, Alex Markin said:

It's great advise.

Would you be able to print six (6) clamps for a fee?

If so, let me know & I can send payment via PayPal.

Thanks for your input.

23 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

It's great advise.

Would you be able to print six (6) clamps for a fee?

If so, let me know & I can send payment via PayPal.

Thanks for your input.

no problem, but i am at Ekaterinburg, Russian Federation ;)

sooo there may be some issues with delivery ))

On 17.08.2017 at 2:11 AM, Rocky Romero said:

Oh.

Please let me know details before proceeding.

Reach me offline on my email, if you prefer. 

Hello Rocky!

i believe that more easy for you (and faster) to order 3dprint of this clamp in your local 3dhub 

Please try here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2464049/apps/print/#apps

If no success – than we sort it out somehow with Russian post ;) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Alex Markin said:

Hello Rocky!

i believe that more easy for you (and faster) to order 3dprint of this clamp in your local 3dhub 

Thank you for this.

Yes, I will search locally for this.

• 3 months later...
On 7/19/2017 at 2:52 PM, icom said:

YES. I had this exact problem around 3 months. It is a fundamental design flaw of having 4 metal screws securing down plastic so close to the edge.

The problem is compounded by carrying the unit (as you said), but ALSO if you are in a city where there are a lot of bumps in the roads.

I emailed Segway support and sent pictures, they sent a replacement knee bar. I've been very very careful how I carry and use the guide stick. So far so good

my second knee bar is now starting to FAIL, so I take back what I said above.

Literally the exact same problem, cracks developing near the screws and plastic is breaking off. 

JEEZ, 1 year + 2 knee bar fails. 

5 hours ago, icom said:

my second knee bar is now starting to FAIL, so I take back what I said above.

Literally the exact same problem, cracks developing near the screws and plastic is breaking off. 

JEEZ, 1 year + 2 knee bar fails. 

I ordered a replacement from more4mini.com

Additionally, I bought a backup bar, just in case there is further damage.

Glad that there are parts readily available.

11 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

I ordered a replacement from more4mini.com

Additionally, I bought a backup bar, just in case there is further damage.

Glad that there are parts readily available.

Replacements are fine, but really expensive. it's around $120 I recall. 

8 hours ago, icom said:

Replacements are fine, but really expensive. it's around $120 I recall. 

$60 for one and $70 for the other.

These parts should last for a few years.

I’m more dependent on the MiniPros as reliable city transportation.

The investment will more than pay for itself for my wife and me.

The weather, even though cooler, has not drastically affected getting around.

I wonder if quick release clamp/Lock (the same part that are used to secrure the steering bar to the base of minipro) could be used to reinforce that failing part? Seems to be perfect form and colour matched too. Some small modifications to get rid of extra bits and ridges but nothing major?

6 hours ago, Vik's said:

I wonder if quick release clamp/Lock (the same part that are used to secrure the steering bar to the base of minipro) could be used to reinforce that failing part? Seems to be perfect form and colour matched too. Some small modifications to get rid of extra bits and ridges but nothing major?

Yes, that’s possible.

With the aftermarket clamp and not raising the steering knee bar, it seems to solve this issue.

I now also have extra parts if I need to replace the knee bar.

On 8/20/2017 at 10:16 AM, Alex Markin said:

Hello Rocky!

Thank you so much, Alex! I used your link and was able to obtain an excellent 3D printed clamp with quick shipping and a very reasonable cost. It fit perfectly and, printed in black, it looks quite "factory". The bigger challenge was finding stainless steel bolts & nuts in my local hardware store; not surprisingly, the best were metric. I so much appreciate your contributions to our community!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 20.12.2017 at 7:34 AM, WheezyDoc said:

Thank you so much, Alex! I used your link and was able to obtain an excellent 3D printed clamp with quick shipping and a very reasonable cost. It fit perfectly and, printed in black, it looks quite "factory". The bigger challenge was finding stainless steel bolts & nuts in my local hardware store; not surprisingly, the best were metric. I so much appreciate your contributions to our community!

Glad that i can help ^___^
I hope that you printed larger version (it is more durable)

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...
23 hours ago, Jorcato said:

Hola esta fue mi solución en el mal diseño de la barra de dirección

20181103_185613.jpg

20181103_185623.jpg

Translation: Hello, this was my solution in the bad design of the steering bar.

So you fastened it permanently in a fixed position with screws?   So it is longer adjustable?