Pedal lift F350 firewheel

Thorsten

Hallo hat jemand Erfahrung bei Pedal lift? Macht ein firewheel das ich habe vorher ein airwheel gefahren was bei 18kmh einen Pedal lift gemacht hat. Macht das firewheel das wohl auch bin damit schon 25kmh gefahren und habe Angst das es sich plötzlich abschaltet. Es soll 30kmh schaffen. Kann mir jemand helfen. 

Mfg

Thorsten 

Brand specific questions and main Forum are english, Sorry!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hier gibts nur englische Beratung ;-)

Deutsch nur im Unterforum!

leider weiss ich das beim Firewheel gerade nicht, von daher wirst wohl auf englisch umsatteln müssen oder im unterforum fragen!

25kmh ist aber an der Grenze! Vorsicht vor allem bei kleinem Akku!

My Firewheel only tilted back if the battery was empty, otherwise no tilt-back. Without shunted pack, it would turn off above 28km/h, with shunt in place, the highest speed I've ridden it was something like 32km/h.

4 hours ago, dmethvin said:

If the Firewheel has some pedal lift (tiltback) it happens at the very last second. My Firewheel has been cut out twice at high speed and at times I do not recall any tilt-back. 

I remember seeing that video a long time ago, you were flying, when you accelerated after going around the people on the sidewalk, the wheel sounded very strong, and very quickly you were at top speed getting the beeps and voice warnings.  I could almost hear the speed, the voice warning was saying the speed you were going.  Wow, that happened so fast.  You must have been going almost 20mph!

1 minute ago, steve454 said:

Wow, that happened so fast.  You must have been going almost 20mph!

Yep, that is why it is dangerous to compare a cutout to any other kind of failure. I have run off all the other problems where I hit a bump or catch the pedal on a wall or curb, but when the wheel just loses power and dips forward because you hit max speed it happens too fast to do anything. If you notice, I hit a sidewalk bump just before the crash and I think that pushed the wheel over the limit. Since then I have ridden the Firewheel on a nice flat smooth trail at 16mph constant speed, but I don't think I would ever ride it fast on uneven terrain like that again.

And yes, I was not only going at high speed but at high stupid as well. Notice my "protective gear" consisting of a helmet, shorts, and t-shirt. I should have taken pictures of the road rash, it was pretty serious and took a couple of months to heal.

On 5.7.2017 at 8:18 PM, dmethvin said:

Wenn das Firewheel einen Pedalhub hat (Tiltback), passiert es bei der letzten Sekunde. Mein Firewheel wurde zweimal mit hoher Geschwindigkeit ausgeschnitten und manchmal erinnere ich mich nicht an einen Neigung. 

Eine reale Stimme konnte ich bei dem Video auch nicht hören. Bin gestern 28 kmh geritten. Habe ein bißchen Angst das es einfach abschaltet. 

On 5.7.2017 at 8:22 PM, esaj said:

Mein Feuerrad ist nur zurückgekippt, wenn die Batterie leer war, sonst kein Kippen. Ohne Shunted Pack, würde es abschalten über 28km / h, mit Shunt an Ort und Stelle, die höchste Geschwindigkeit, die ich geritten habe, war so etwas wie 32km / h.

Hattest du ein Pedal lift bei 32km/h oder hat es dich geschmissen. :0) thank for your Answer 

2 minutes ago, Thorsten said:

Did you have a pedal lift at 32km / h or it has thrown you. : 0) thank for your Answer

No tilt-pack (pedal lift), and did not throw me, never dared to go faster than that. I often rode around 30km/h with it with no problems, but I'm not sure how fast it can be ridden before it runs out of torque. . Hobby16 said he'd ridden his F260 around 35km/h, with a sudden acceleration somewhere above 30km/h, which might have been the wheel trying to tilt-back? With the comparisons of the behavior we did between hobby16, myself and dmethvin (maybe there was someone else too), it seemed that the different revisions of the boards / firmwares had some differences in the behavior, and it's really hard to say what's the maximum possible speed. Hobby16 and I were both on the low-side of weight though (about 60kg for me with gear, hobby16 was something like 65kg).

1 minute ago, esaj said:

Kein Tilt-Pack (Pedalhub), und hat mich nicht geworfen, nie gewagt, schneller zu gehen als das. Ich ritt oft um 30km / h mit ihm ohne Probleme, aber ich bin mir nicht sicher, wie schnell es geritten werden kann, bevor es aus dem Drehmoment läuft. . Hobby16 sagte, er habe seine F260 um 35km / h geritten, mit einer plötzlichen Beschleunigung irgendwo über 30km / h, was das Rad sein könnte, das versucht zu kippen? Mit den Vergleichen des Verhaltens, das wir zwischen Hobby16, mir und dmethvin gemacht haben (vielleicht war auch jemand anderes), schien es, dass die verschiedenen Revisionen der Boards / Firmwares einige Unterschiede im Verhalten hatten, und es ist wirklich schwer zu sagen, was das Maximum ist Mögliche Geschwindigkeit. Hobby16 und ich waren beide auf der niedrigen Seite des Gewichts obwohl (ca. 60kg für mich mit Gang, Hobby16 war so etwas wie 65kg).

Ich wiege 73kilo und bei 28km/h fühlt es sich noch sicher an, nur nach dem Video habe ich Angst mehr zu fahren. Habe ja auch keinen Tacho sondern benutze Google geo tracker. War ganz überrascht das es so schnell ist und so gut zu reiten war. 

Tanks Thorsten 

Just now, Thorsten said:

Ich wiege 73kilo und bei 28km/h fühlt es sich noch sicher an, nur nach dem Video habe ich Angst mehr zu fahren. Habe ja auch keinen Tacho sondern benutze Google geo tracker. War ganz überrascht das es so schnell ist und so gut zu reiten war. 

Tanks Thorsten 

Sei da vorsichtig, vor allem wenn die Batterie weniger als 60% oder so hat!

WENN das Rad bei so einer Geschwindigkeit abschaltet....hast Du KEINE Chance mehr darauf zu reagieren.

Ein "CutOut" ist nicht zu vergleichen mit einem "normalen Sturz"....Das geht einfach so schnell, da schlägt man einfach auf dem Boden auf!

Keine Chance die Arme zu heben, abzurollen oder zu rennen!

11 minutes ago, Thorsten said:

Du machst mir Hoffnung dabei bin ich deswegen vom Airwheel zum firewheel umgestiegen. Werde wohl auf kurz oder lang mir ein kingson k16 zulegen. Danke dir für deine Antworten 

Hat ja nix mit Hoffnung zu tun.....jedes! E-Einrad hat eine bestimmte Max Geschwindigkeit und schaltet dann ab=Cutout/Faceplant...

Leider hat das Firewheel noch keinen Tiltback, aber ja nun doch zumindest seine Warntöne/Stimme, oder? Da musste dich dann halt dran halten.

KS16 hat den Vorteil, dass es dich nie an die "Max Geschw." ran lässt! Der Tiltback bei 30kmh ist nicht abstellbar und wenn die Batterie richtig runter ist, geht auch der Tiltback noch ein Stückchen runter...Somit kann man nie an den Cutout ran fahren....

On 5.7.2017 at 8:22 PM, esaj said:

My Firewheel only tilted back if the battery was empty, otherwise no tilt-back. Without shunted pack, it would turn off above 28km/h, with shunt in place, the highest speed I've ridden it was something like 32km/h.

Hey kannst du mir verraten was ein shunted Pack ist? Wo und wie kann ich das nachrüsten? 

2 hours ago, Thorsten said:

Hey kannst du mir verraten was ein shunted Pack ist? Wo und wie kann ich das nachrüsten? 

The output protections of the BMS (Battery Management System) -board inside the battery pack(s) are bypassed, so it can't cut power. The downside is that if you accidentally short-circuit a shunted pack, it won't cut the power and can be very dangerous. Also it won't prevent you from overdischarging the cells and damaging them. Directions for bypassing the protections are here, typically the protection mosfets are bypassed with a thick piece of wire ("shunt"):

EDIT:  Most of the images on that thread seem to be gone, Hobby16 still has some in his own webpages:  http://hobby16.neowp.fr/2015/07/24/bms-shunt-various-wheels/#firewheel

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/07/2017 at 3:07 PM, Thorsten said:

Eine reale Stimme konnte ich bei dem Video auch nicht hören. Bin gestern 28 kmh geritten. Habe ein bißchen Angst das es einfach abschaltet. 

AFAICS, the overspeed warning (beep beep beep beep ... beep beep beep beep ... beep beep beep beep ...) was active for about 20s before the cut out happened. The lesson to learn: slow low down if you hear the beeps.

2 hours ago, Mono said:

AFAICS, the overspeed warning (beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep ...) 20s before the cut out happened. The lesson to learn: slow low down if you hear the beeps.

Firewheels start the beeping around 18km/h, somewhere around 24km/h or so, some voice message plays (never made out what it says), and after 28km/h, it starts repeating "take care!". On an unshunted wheel, the wheel would cut out slightly above the final warning (29-30km/h?), Euc Extreme (from whom I bought mine) said that if accelerating faster, it would cut out before the message had time to play even once. With the packs shunted, I've taken mine to around or maybe slightly above 32km/h with no cutout, but probably no-one knows if and what differences there are between boards built at different times (we compared notes with hobby16, and his worked slightly differently, he'd taken his over 35km/h, but we're both very light riders), so there's no guarantee at higher speeds :P 

Mine didn't have any speed- or power-based tiltbacks, only tiltback and vibration after the battery was nearly depleted. Hobby16 said his wheel made this sudden fast acceleration (trying to tiltback?) somewhere around 30km/h...

EDIT: Looking back at this thread, I'm basically repeating what I've already said above :D 

8 minutes ago, esaj said:

Firewheels start the beeping around 18km/h, somewhere around 24km/h or so, some voice message plays (never made out what it says), and after 28km/h, it starts repeating "take care!".

I believe I can hear an incomprehensible electronic voice starting around 10s before the cut out. So, if I am not mistaken, it would have been fine to ignore the beeps and slow down only when the voice starts to mumble. Of course I don't want to make a case against shunting at all. I am reluctant though to make a case for ignoring beeps in general. 

1 minute ago, Mono said:

I believe I can hear an incomprehensible electronic voice around around 10s before the cut out. So, if I'm not mistaken, it would have been fine to ignore the beeps and slow down only when the voice starts to mumble. Of course I do not want to have a case against you. I am reluctant though to make a case for ignoring beeps in general. 

Firewheel is a bit "special case" since the beeps start so early vs. the real maximum speed, but yeah, ignoring beeps is not usually a good thing. Firewheels are fun to ride but "safe" isn't a word I'd use for them, probably they're among the most dangerous wheels... no tilt-back, questionable alarms (it can be really hard to hear the voice messages with wind, and you get used to the constant beeping and pay zero attention to that), useless battery gauge (it would start showing 0% when I could still ride something like 3-8km out of around 20-25km total), no warning until the battery is almost completely depleted.

Archived