Kingsong KS-16 VS Kingsong KS-16S

Noam Elad

The KS16S is essentially the successor of the KS16. They look similar from the outside, but the 16S has a 1200W motor (vs 800W on the 16 non-S), the entire electronics have essentially been redone (better components etc), better pedals, and so on - so that explains the price difference. The 16S is simply a much improved version.

3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The KS16S is essentially the successor of the KS16. They look similar from the outside, but the 16S has a 1200W motor (vs 800W on the 16 non-S), the entire electronics have essentially been redone (better components etc), better pedals, and so on - so that explains the price difference. The 16S is simply a much improved version.

Any difference in dimensions? Specifically the thickness....

22 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

Any difference in dimensions? Specifically the thickness....

20 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I would not know, have seen neither of them. @esaj has both so he can tell you. Probably same thickness, but I don't know.

Haven't taken the KS16S apart, but I'm 99% sure it's the exact same shell. Shell-molds are very expensive to make, plus since the old shell works just fine, why not? ;)

3 minutes ago, esaj said:

Haven't taken the KS16S apart, but I'm 99% sure it's the exact same shell. Shell-molds are very expensive to make, plus since the old shell works just fine, why not? ;)

30 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

it worth the 140$ or i can get the older version and be equally satisfied

If it was anything but the motor, then I would take the older version but since it's the motor then I would personally pay the $140 for the motor.

I say this because I see spikes well beyond 800 watts on my KS14c.

6 minutes ago, Noam Elad said:

it worth the 140$ or i can get the older version and be equally satisfied

The S has 50% more powerful motor than the older version (B or C), and is slightly faster, the battery size is the same as the largest older model (840Wh). The mainboard is new design, with much better mosfets, heat measurement and true parallel batteries. For that price difference, I'd go with S, I got both just because I got the B for cheap (used), and have been trying to get my GF to start riding ;) 

8 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

If it was anything but the motor, then I would take the older version but since it's the motor then I would personally pay the $140 for the motor.

7 minutes ago, esaj said:

The S has 50% more powerful motor than the older version (B or C), and is slightly faster, the battery size is the same as the largest older model (840Wh). The mainboard is new design, with much better mosfets, heat measurement and true parallel batteries. For that price difference, I'd go with S, I got both just because I got the B for cheap (used), and have been trying to get my GF to start riding ;) 

i have another quation, there is a big different between 14inch and 16inch wheel?

10 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

the only thing that stayed the same on the 16s is the shell..all other is new, motor, board, wires, technology bla bla bla :-)

like Esaj said...

40 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@KingSong69 can tell you which Aliexpress sellers are the best.

i dont know if they are "better" or "best"....

but from personal experience i can vote for "rockwheel store" and from forum other members also "green and traveling"!

but:

@Noam Elad

as you are from Israel, i dont know if any of the aliexpress sellers can make you happy...

because of regulations!

5 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

i dont know if they are "better" or "best"....

but from personal experience i can vote for "rockwheel store" and from forum other members also "green and traveling"!

but:

@Noam Elad

as you are from Israel, i dont know if any of the aliexpress sellers can make you happy...

because of regulations!

i checked it out and it is legal to ship this to here 

29 minutes ago, esaj said:

In China in general or on aliexpress let say, you can get the 16S also as 680wh version...while in "foreign" markets you are only able to get the "premium" version of 840wh....

Thats a part of KS philosophy to "construct" regional and country based higher prices....Also there is a MAIN difference if you order a 14S, 16S, or 18S ( or any wheel from them in general ) from china.....Instead of "Kingsong" your wheel on your rubber sidepads will be named "KS wheels" :blink1:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/kingsong/permalink/1356201884455848/

2 minutes ago, Noam Elad said:

i checked it out and it is legal to ship this to here 

what means you "checked" it out?

Have you asked the sellers if they are able to deliver to Israel? i take a bet they are not....because of batterie regulations!

why i know this? From another Israelian guy on Facebook....who tried so hard to order a EUC somewhere....in the end he bought one without batteries and had that delivered....and the batterie he got build at home from a befriended electrician!

Sure, its not illegal to bring a Euc to Israel...the big batteries are the problem...even in the USA some of the China sellers can not deliver anymore, or must split the EUc into parts and batterie in two different deliveries.......

3 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

what means you "checked" it out?

Have you asked the sellers if they are able to deliver to Israel? i take a bet they are not....because of batterie regulations!

why i know this? From another Israelian guy on Facebook....who tried so hard to order a EUC somewhere....in the end he bought one without batteries and had that delivered....and the batterie he got build at home from a befriended electrician!

Sure, its not illegal to bring a Euc to Israel...the big batteries are the problem...even in the USA some of the China sellers can not deliver anymore, or must split the EUc into parts and batterie in two different deliveries.......

ummm i didnt know it.
can u give me his contacts so he will help me out?

1 minute ago, Noam Elad said:

ummm i didnt know it.
can u give me his contacts so he will help me out?

??? whom his?

Please Use the aliexpress site, when you find a wheel, before youorder, "contact store"...."ask seller a question" or some other link :-)

27 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

??? whom his?

Please Use the aliexpress site, when you find a wheel, before youorder, "contact store"...."ask seller a question" or some other link :-)

the  Israelian guy you talked about.
okey

1 hour ago, Noam Elad said:

the  Israelian guy you talked about.
okey

Puuuh, Sorry, i just remember his postings on the FB Gotway or EUC group....have no names!

but perhaps i am wrong? try odering or ask the ali sellers!

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

..Also there is a MAIN difference if you order a 14S, 16S, or 18S ( or any wheel from them in general ) from china.....Instead of "Kingsong" your wheel on your rubber sidepads will be named "KS wheels" :blink1:

I'd say the MAIN difference, compared to buying from a local reseller,  would be that if the wheel is dead on arrival, or is a need for warranty repair/replacement, you are either screwed or will have a hell sorting that out.

6 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Watch out for clones, I saw a  KS16 on Aliexpress today, but when i went down to the product description, it had a different brand name and only 500 watt motor.

Sorry Steve, but i guess you just saw a chinese version, they are all named "Kswheels" and very often the sellers just got the wattage wrong....and say in their description just.   >500watt....

Archived