NEW's about a 5" wheel

^tom^

I recognize the place in the video.  It's right outside of the Gotway factory.  I've been there before.  No idea why it's posted by "Rockwheel".  Perhaps the owner of Gotway who was previously a partner at Rockwheel posted it on the wrong YouTube account.

The retail is 7800 rmb, right?

I see you are up to date!

right: 18 inch or 5 inch for the same price and the 5 inch will have a 340wh max.. Just waiting for your review of the Super 18 to decide if it's worth to buy it.

I was looking for the GW 10 too, but as I said it is discontinued (still availabe in stores) but also geared.

Maybe I do not need a third one....

My guess is they will find a non-geared brushless motor design for the ten inch.  But as of now they have it discontinued.  As for the 5 inch, it turns out it wasn't a joke.  They claim it's not for mainstream production and only for people who really want it.  Since there is no "economy of scale", custom made, and no competition for a wheel this size, I guess it's justifiable for a 7800 RMB price tag (which incidentaly is the same price as the 18 inch Msuper).  However I think it's too expensive for most everyone.  I *might* get one.  It's gearless brushless motor, has bluetooth app connectivity, usb port to charge other devices.

They have now new 7 sec. video at youtube

I still do not see/know where the battery is placed and if this is some how the final version....it is better it does't get wet!

I like the fact that is a gearless brushless motor, but for 7800 RMB with a 340wh battery it is not cheap.

....I am looking forward to a new 10 inch version with a gearless brushless motor

They have now new 7 sec. video at youtube

I still do not see/know where the battery is placed and if this is some how the final version....it is better it does't get wet!

I like the fact that is a gearless brushless motor, but for 7800 RMB with a 340wh battery it is not cheap.

....I am looking forward to a new 10 inch version with a gearless brushless motor

I just saw this. They posted a few short fairly bad quality videos. See below link.

Here are the claimed specs:

3.8kg,13km/h(170wh),10km range,climbing degree 12°,90KG load,GotWay 5inch pocket euc. personal tailor

Video is here for anyone interested:

youtube.com/watch?v=ILNOlVvmyEM

• 7 months later...

Kind of strange about the case, it's very grainy and seems like it was 3D printed as a one-off prototype. It's so cute though, I just want to hug it.

It *IS* 3d printed.  Apparently they will still 3d print it if you ordered one today.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/786639818100650/

Archived