ElectricUnicycleReviews.com

Casey

I have been considering a King Song and noticed that ElectricUnicycleReviews.com sells the for a good price in the U.S.  The contact info lists Oakland, California as place of doing business.  I tried to contact them to see what additional costs, shipping, taxes, handling, were associated with buying from them.  I have gotten no response.  

Anyone bought from electricunicyclereview.com?  If so, how was the experience?

Also, best place to buy IPS wheels and King Song wheels in the U.S.?

• 9 months later...

My experience with is not good, they held money for a KS 18 four four months I am know asking for money back, they kept telling me lies it is in delivery the whole time yet have no idea when it come... So far a half a year and two American dealers and yet no wheel, unbelievable!!!! Now going to third dealer once I get my money back. No, I do not recommend them...

Right now we ship 14" 680wh and 520wh same day. We are very upfront about the possibility for delays on preorders. I will not copy and paste Metric's emails but they were very mean. We did our best. We are honest. His refund was made same day upon request.

Metric's cancelled unicycle is in transit and has already been reserved by someone else. All customers who have paid have received their unicycles, except preorders.

These unicycles are getting harder to import. If you're getting one, I think you may be one of the last! I know we only have a few more left.

I have some experience with them, though I didn't end up completing an order from them. Like @KaleOsaurusRex says, they're very upfront and honest with the preorder situation. For me, it became apparent that they were unsure about the timeline of delivery, so I spoke with him and he offered a refund on my preorder same day. No hard feelings. 

Will is an upstanding guy, so I don't think anyone has anything to be concerned with in terms of ordering in stock wheels. I'd have a hard time believing he's done anything malicious. But by his own admission/prediction above, it does seem like he doesn't have the means to reliably import new stock. 

There is another US based distributor with a presence on this forum with a good record that doesn't have this same prediction of doom and gloom in terms of EUC importing, if you take a look around. 

6 hours ago, KaleOsaurusRex said:

These unicycles are getting harder to import. If you're getting one, I think you may be one of the last! I know we only have a few more left.

Why are they getting harder to import? Are all brands getting harder to import, or only KS?

No they were not, they kept changing month it was coming, if you take some ones money you send it PERIOD!  PREORDER BULLSHIT, how can you have a few left of something you don't have??? You are not a freakn bank, and appearantly you still don't get it, stop holding people's money, bad business practices, bad dealer...

As stated, I have several 14" units currently in stock. These units ship same day.

We have stopped taking preorders / reservations on yet to arrive units except when customers absolutely insist, because of this exact type of situation. Most folks can handle it but some can't. I try to be very clear that arrival date is unpredictable, but sometimes people hear what they want to hear and then get mad.

I believe that all brands are becoming more difficult to import and that most dealers are being less than upfront about the fact. In particular, I believe the patent issues are slowing things down now.

To Metro, I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. Your refund has been sent. We have many happy customers, and very very few dissatisfied ones. 

14 hours ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

I have some experience with them, though I didn't end up completing an order from them. Like @KaleOsaurusRex says, they're very upfront and honest with the preorder situation. For me, it became apparent that they were unsure about the timeline of delivery, so I spoke with him and he offered a refund on my preorder same day. No hard feelings. 

Will is an upstanding guy, so I don't think anyone has anything to be concerned with in terms of ordering in stock wheels. I'd have a hard time believing he's done anything malicious. But by his own admission/prediction above, it does seem like he doesn't have the means to reliably import new stock. 

There is another US based distributor with a presence on this forum with a good record that doesn't have this same prediction of doom and gloom in terms of EUC importing, if you take a look around. 

I agree with @Jeffrey scott will. By the time I decided to buy from them, they discontinued selling Ninebots. I bought it from elsewhere but the help and communication experience with electricunicyclereviews.com was excellent.

For what it's worth I ordered from there a while back and got my kingsong 14" in about a month, and when I'm ready to upgrade I'll likely use them again. I understand getting frustrated with shipping taking 4+ months, but I think that's just how it goes with importing from China.

21 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

Why are they getting harder to import? Are all brands getting harder to import, or only KS?

For the strict laws for US custom, and the shipping cost is high to US now. But we still have ways to send wheels to USA.

Archived