Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I wanted to have a second charger for my ninebot, but the original charger is very expensive. So I ordered a charger from china. The voltage is 62.7 V compared to 61.8 V of the original charger, measured with multimeter.

Is this a problem? I hope not, because 62.7/15 =4.18<4.2, but I just want to make sure

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, that is very useful information! So I could also get another chinese charger and adjust the voltage with that one to let's say 60 V, so it would only charge to less than 100% and thereby giving me more battery life?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recently I had several shutoffs with my Ninebot One E+. The first time this happend was after I was riding in very very heavy rain for a longer time.

It did not shut off while riding through the water, but the next day when I was riding in good weather.

So maybe it is because of some water damage.

But I also noticed that the shutoffs happen much more often when I just start to ride with a full battery. Very often there is a shutoff on the first 20 meters that I ride. So maybe the 0.9V extra can lead to an overvoltage shutoff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LukasF said:

...

But I also noticed that the shutoffs happen much more often when I just start to ride with a full battery. Very often there is a shutoff on the first 20 meters that I ride. So maybe the 0.9V extra can lead to an overvoltage shutoff?

Thats quite possible if this first 20 meters are downhill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No it is not downhill, but maybe I did break a litle bit, which also generates voltage..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2017 at 10:56 AM, LukasF said:

Thank you, that is very useful information! So I could also get another chinese charger and adjust the voltage with that one to let's say 60 V, so it would only charge to less than 100% and thereby giving me more battery life?

You could get a charge doctor and set it to 90%, I think they are less than 20 dollars.  Ewheels.com sells them I think, just make sure you ask for one with the Ninebot specific charge plug.  Probably 1radworksstatdt has them also,  located in Germany.  Sorry, I don't spell German word correctly.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steve454 said:

You could get a charge doctor and set it to 90%, I think they are less than 20 dollars.  Ewheels.com sells them I think, just make sure you ask for one with the Ninebot specific charge plug.  Probably 1radworksstatdt has them also,  located in Germany.  Sorry, I don't spell German word correctly.

Or it can be ordered from here: http://hobby16.neowp.fr/buy/

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About voltage, can you help me?

In the wheel comparsion in the site ewheel:

 

msuper 1500w - 84,v

Kingsong 1500w - 67,2v

 

What this means? Msuper as more power with the same BATTERY?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1500W is the motor power

Ks18S: 1680wh/128cells with 67 volt system

V3s+: 1600wh/120 cells with 84 volt sytem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This means smaller current (wires, connectors), less heat on system board (smaller radiator, no fan, etc...), higher RPM=wheel max. speed (In BLDC motors RPM also depends on the power supply voltage), higher system efficient (higher voltage=less losses).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×