Moving away from Gotway...giving Kingsong a try

Sketch

hope you enjoy your new wheel... wee J loves his KS, though he only has an Airwheel X3 to compare it to!  Ha ha,  we did a lot of research on what would be an ideal wheel for him and the KS14D is the one we came up with.   

I sure wish KingSong had a long range version of their KS16 wheel. I know they don't want to go to 84 volts but...

I'm thinking the control loop firmware might need to be adjusted for the higher battery voltage.  That might be why you saw the oscillations after hitting the bump.  Maybe they haven't really done a stability analysis, but have just been relying on empirical results.  Which can't be extrapolated to what is needed for a higher voltage battery.

For example...

It would take a shorter pulse to  get a given motor voltage/current.  So, the same "delta pulse width" would result in a larger voltage or current change with a higher voltage battery.  So, the control loop gain would be higher with a higher voltage battery.

This would require appropriate compensation in the firmware.

I'm not an expert in, nor have any detailed knowledge in EUC control theory.  The comments are based on analogies to DC/DC convertors and similar electrical systems that have control loops with feedback.

Archived