My new MSuper V3s+ and Gotway Screwed Us

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

Perhaps you could wear a heavy backpack to simulate a 220 pound rider if testing at your weight does not cause oscillation?  Looking forward to the testing!:popcorn:

This would be more fun!:)

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Well, you are the inciter of people's worst fears:roflmao:Maybe there's a spiders nest in there.  (of wires of course)

That robot would be perfect, wouldn't that be awesome to see riding an EUC!  You are the only person who could fulfill that photoshop phantasy.

You know it, Steven.  :efee6b18f3:

I'm waiting for them to release Marty V2.0 for EUC testing purposes.

809172_testrobot2.jpg

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Are they providing you with this interface cable? I am assuming that the interface cable must attach to one of the MB sockets.

w9sEnEZ.jpg

Whoa!  What's with all the empty sockets?  Gotway's are looking more and more complicated and all those tiny components make me think they have a good engineering staff. 8 empty plugs, what are they for?

On 6/22/2017 at 4:01 PM, KingSong69 said:

this "overpriced" argument on the 18" i dont get

Right, what's overpriced about it? Besides, ANY AMOUNT for a wheel that does what these Gotway wheels are doing is overpriced! I wouldn't pay $200 for this Gotway wheel! It's wasted money if you CAN'T RIDE THE WHEEL!

On 6/22/2017 at 4:02 PM, Tishawn Fahie said:

couldn't have said it any better - I guess other manufacturers put these limitations in for a reason...smh..

The "less limitations" of Gotway wheels COULD be successful. Unfortunately, Gotway seems very sloppy nowadays. If they would rigorously test their designs and products, I really think success is possible. Gotway is ruining itself with this careless way of product development.

34 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Whoa!  What's with all the empty sockets?  Gotway's are looking more and more complicated and all those tiny components make me think they have a good engineering staff. 8 empty plugs, what are they for?

steve, i guess this is an empty, not mounted board...

power, motor sensors, lights, powercontrol, usb, etc etc run all over the board...

10 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

You know it, Steven.  :efee6b18f3:

809172_testrobot2.jpg

That is freakin awesome!  The Nikes, carrying the wheel,  Backe Dynamcs, the face, Gotway on the chest!   I probably missed a few things, but that was great!  Thank you once again!  Everytime I look at it I chuckle out loud.  And thanks to @Marty Backe for being such a good person and making such good videos.. Please do a review of another Kingsong, your videos are great!  Have you ridden the Kingsong18?  Now, @Hunka Hunka Burning Love what about Flo on a wheel?

On 6/22/2017 at 4:18 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I wonder if the bump triggered a current spike or gyro signal irregularity which the firmware was not able to deal with properly.

Why suddenly the firmware can't deal with it? Did Gotway change the firmware for some reason?

On 6/22/2017 at 4:49 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I wish there was some sort of testing lab to experiment on these wheels.  That way you could test a wheel while it is under load and running, introduce bumps of differing amplitude,  monitor temperature rises under increased load (to simulate steep hill climbing), and to see what occurs when you disable hall sensors.

Hmmm, that's what a reasonable person would expect ANY EUC MAKER HAS! If they don't, THAT'S ASTOUNDING!

52 minutes ago, steve454 said:

That is freakin awesome!  The Nikes, carrying the wheel,  Backe Dynamcs, the face, Gotway on the chest!   I probably missed a few things, but that was great!  Thank you once again!  Everytime I look at it I chuckle out loud.  And thanks to @Marty Backe for being such a good person and making such good videos.. Please do a review of another Kingsong, your videos are great!  Have you ridden the Kingsong18?  Now, @Hunka Hunka Burning Love what about Flo on a wheel?

Ug. I can never see @Hunka Hunka Burning Love's pictures at work (he must host them on some pirate website). Look forward to his artwork when I get home.

Hey, if someone wants to send me a current KingSong I'll ride it in the mountains and review the heck out of it :D  I do like KingSong, but I've bought 7 new wheels in the last 11 months. At some point you just have to stop :crying:

27 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Hey, if someone wants to send me a current KingSong I'll ride it in the mountains and review the heck out of it :D  I do like KingSong, but I've bought 7 new wheels in the last 11 months. At some point you just have to stop :crying:

Sure thing Marty! Be glad to help!  Will a brand new, slightly damp KS 14C satisfy your desire? My wife would like you to have it! Send me your address!  :P

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Hunka that was an absolutely hilarious picture! Great job!! :thumbup:

On 6/22/2017 at 7:05 PM, steve454 said:

When I read your signature that said Gotway MSuper V1

Do you have a link to photos or videos of MSuper V1? I'm interested in what V1 was like, but I have not been able to find any. 

14 hours ago, Jeff_Nelson said:

motor code for my ACM is 160905041, does that fall within the batch? Can't find the QC date.

edit (sorry I was wrong): you must look at your production date, motor code/batch says nothing.

Looks like your wheel is good:) I can not guarantee with 100% absolute certainty simply because I don't know 100%, but it should be good.

Reasoning:

You're 1609, which is earlier than the affected batches (1703 - 1705 and there might be some others). My ACM 1300Wh is 1609 also and it is perfectly fine (had a lot of bumps and no problems).

See the picture for the label on my box. It shows the motorcode (starting with 1609) and, under the bar code, the production date is the first 6 digits of that number (here: 11th April 2017 - 170411).

Probably your wheel is still good, but production date matters.

What is your production date? The earlier, the better. Maybe it gives some more indication. (I believe bad wheels were shipped starting May 1st [and produced a few days earlier] so earlier in April is better in this case)

@Marty Backe What's your bad msuper's batch and production date?

25946.jpg

14 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Sure thing Marty! Be glad to help!  Will a brand new, slightly damp KS 14C satisfy your desire? My wife would like you to have it! Send me your address!  :P

I can always depend on you to lend a helping hand. Frankly I'm a little disappointed that you haven't decided to tear down that KS14C, refurbish everything (you can rebuild motors in your sleep now) and put it back together. I didn't realize that you were such a quitter :laughbounce2:

4 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Looks like your wheel is good:) I can not guarantee with 100% absolute certainty simply because I don't know 100%, but it should be good.

Reasoning:

You're 1609, which is earlier than the affected batches (1703 - 1705 and there might be some others). My ACM 1300Wh is 1609 also and it is perfectly fine (had a lot of bumps and no problems).

See the picture for the label on my box. It shows the motorcode (starting with 1609) and, under the bar code, the production date is the first 6 digits of that number (here: 11th April 2017 - 170411).

What is your production date? The earlier, the better. Maybe it gives some more indication. (I believe bad wheels were shipped starting May 1st [and produced a few days earlier] so earlier in April is better in this case)

@Jason McNeil Do you know if 1609 is a safe batch? It's probably earlier than this error, but I'm not sure.

@Marty Backe What's your bad msuper's batch and production date?

Miy QC stamp has May 5th stamped on it.

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Thanks. First 4 digits of the motorcode (the batch)?

I won't have access to my wheel for a few hours

Oops yeah you're at work and didn't yet see Hunka's picture yet too:D

Would be nice to know your batch, because it's outside of what GW initially said was affected (at least shipping date wise) so maybe something new to learn from it.

2 hours ago, steve454 said:

The board shown is not installed. Most of the sockets are in use when all of the  plugs from the hall sensors, usb, lights, on/off switch, fan, etc are tied in. There are a few unoccupied sockets. One must be for the firmware interface. 

@Rehab1 Since the boards are coated in silicone, I wonder if you made a distilled water bath and gently scrubbed off all the debris with a soft nylon brush (toothbrush would work) whether the board might still have some life to it.  It shouldn't corrode that quickly making me think that it could be surface crud more than anything.  Is there any voltage from the battery?  Or is it acidic goo from the batteries?

On a side note it's cool that they have screwed on motor wiring with connectors rather than soldering directly to the board.  I take it those blue connectors with the screws are motor wiring?

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I am going to attempt building a test rig. The treadmill arrives Monday which will be mounted between a set of parallel bars for me to hold onto as I plan to be the test dummy and ride the ACM. The ACM will be harnessed to the parallel bars in case I need to abort.

My dual probe temperature data logger arrived today which will provide quantifiable temp readouts of both the motor wiring and the mosfets. I plan to embed one of the probes directly in the heat shrink surrounding the motor wires. I believe I can simulate bumps  using a harness attached to my waist and the wheel. I plan to use the parallel bars to push off with my arms to create a bumping effect on the wheel.  It looks like I may need to check on a high speed camera as well.

Put a sensor right on the bullet connectors

Archived