My new MSuper V3s+ and Gotway Screwed Us

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

This is very interesting. I would not have expected such a proactive response from a 2nd/3rd party Chinese vendor. Gotway must be taking this seriously and putting the word out to everyone that they've supplied boards to.

Guess this confirms that the ACM is affected too.

Yes I was surprised to see that warning this morning!

@Marty Backe

now seeing that in SlowMo, you were SO LUCKY that you have at least a bit of reaction time left for one or two steps forward before the Touchdown. From selfexperience i know that with real cutting out even this would not have been possible and just a pure smash on the  bottom! Thank God that this tiny bump did not happen on a street/bike lane with cars nearby, that could have run over you!

seams for me "oscillating " isn't the right word for that problem...its more like a "electric unicycle rodeo" ride....back and forth.

14 minutes ago, Jeff_Nelson said:

I got my ACM in May 2017 from Dion, should I be concerned with mine as well?

Thanks

Apparently the affected wheels are those made from May 1st thru the 15th. But your dealer should know for sure since this appears to be wide spread. Talk to Dion.

27 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

@Marty Backe

now seeing that in SlowMo, you were SO LUCKY that you have at least a bit of reaction time left for one or two steps forward before the Touchdown. From selfexperience i know that with real cutting out even this would not have been possible and just a pure smash on the  bottom! Thank God that this tiny bump did not happen on a street/bike lane with cars nearby, that could have run over you!

seams for me "oscillating " isn't the right word for that problem...its more like a "electric unicycle rodeo" ride....back and forth.

• It does kind of look like a bucking horse huh :D

52 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Apparently the affected wheels are those made from May 1st thru the 15th. But your dealer should know for sure since this appears to be wide spread. Talk to Dion.

In regards of the comments given to Jason by Gotway how reliable is the comment that the batch of the 1st thru the 15th is the only affected batch.. Based on my serial I should be safe but still I still trying all kind of things to get it to oscillate.. Not that I want to but I it is all about building confidence I thing :-)

I hope that all affected wheel will get resolved soon and that everybody can get their confidence back and ride the wheel the way you love it.. 

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Just for you @Rehab1  I took the raw footage and made a nice slow-motion film of the crash. The back-and-forth oscillation can clearly be seen right before I'm ejected. You can also clearly hear the single beep before it cuts out. For grins, watch my feet fly thru the air at the end :popcorn:

Did it pitch forward or backwards first ?

3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Late last night Linnea revealed more details into the nature of the fault: the Engineer(s) thought it would be a good idea to implement current limiting (exact code snippet please?!) in an attempt to mitigate the type MOSFET of burnouts that Marty recorded on his ACM during that steep hill climb only a couple days earlier—obviously not from that specific example, but from a handful of other Users.

I don't think it's fair for Marty to be the unofficial test pilot for GW Wheels ;) Heading out to LA on Thursday to get started on this project. 

When dealing product safety, monetary considerations are subordinated to reliability. 

Are you going to be around Saturday morning ?
(If you are, a bunch of us should get together and go for a ride Saturday morning.)

Allen

34 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

(If you are, a bunch of us should get together and go for a ride Saturday morning.)

Allen

We have a ride scheduled for Sunday morning. My 28th wedding anniversary is Saturday so I'm taking that day off. You can organize something yourself of course.

39 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

You tell me. This happened in less than a second. I can't possibly remember. But the slow-motion video shows everything you need to know.

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You tell me. This happened in less than a second. I can't possibly remember. But the slow-motion video shows everything you need to know.

Just wondering if it was trying to tilt back and then realized that it wasn't suppose to and then got 'stuck' in the firmware trying to correct itself.

Or maybe the feedback that the firmware is getting from the wheel was that the feedback is too sensitive or the feedback wasn't sensitive enough.
(Just a thought.)

Allen

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

He also told me that my video provide irrefutable evidence that the wheels have a problem - they can't ignore what they can see with their own eyes.

Marty I will now look at you as a secret service agent that took a bullet for us! Can you imagine if your accident wasn't recorded? We would still be discussing what to do next with Gotway.  CHEERS TO MARTY!:cheers:

Have they also seen the video of your fried wire accident?  New Wheels For Everyone!:thumbup:

1 hour ago, abinder3 said:

I think it might be possible, it will be a good opportunity to test out the newly applied FW.

Just for you @Rehab1  I took the raw footage and made a nice slow-motion film of the crash. The back-and-forth oscillation can clearly be seen right before I'm ejected. You can also clearly hear the single beep before it cuts out. For grins, watch my feet fly thru the air at the end :popcorn:

Thanks Buddy! I guess it is ok now to comment on your feet! 

6 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Marty I will now look at you as a secret service agent that took a bullet for us! Can you imagine if your accident wasn't recorded? We would still be discussing what to do next with Gotway.  CHEERS TO MARTY!:cheers:

Have they also seen the video of your fried wire accident?  New Wheels For Everyone!:thumbup:

Very funny :D  I do try and do my part ;)

I think the overheating wires is well known now, and from Jason wrote, the failed firmware patch was an attempt to address the excessive current. Gotway probably now realizes that the only true fix is bigger axles and bigger wire.

3 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanks Buddy! I guess it is ok now to comment on your feet! 

Got my hand in there too.  Hopefully I won't have to experience a speedy rollover like that again, at least for awhile. Thankfully it was all over in about second :)

2 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

I think it might be possible, it will be a good opportunity to test out the newly applied FW.

Jason did GW comment on what modifications were applied to the new firmware and why? Will the public such as myself be able to perform the upgrades?

8 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Oh, @abinder3 meant the Saturday in a week, not tomorrow. I'd love to host a ride with you at Griffith Park. We'll see how it goes next week.

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Got my hand in there too.  Hopefully I won't have to experience a speedy rollover like that again, at least for awhile. Thankfully it was all over in about second :)

That is your hand! I missed it! I was going to show where you wet your pants but decided that would be pushing it!:laughbounce2:

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It looks like you started walking up in to the sky:roflmao:

6 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Jason did GW comment on what modifications were applied to the new firmware and why? Will the public such as myself be able to perform the upgrades?

what do you mean "perform upgrades yourself"? As i understood only Jason/trusted resellers will be able to flash the boards.....

1 minute ago, KingSong69 said:
9 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

what do you mean "perform upgrades yourself"? As i understood only Jason/trusted resellers will be able to flash the boards.....

From what I understood, there's a unique cable interface, which GW refer to as a 'downloader', that communications with the board.

Archived