Ouch. Nice paperweight!

Well It's been back just over a week & so far, as I'm still recovering from the pain & weakness caused by walking, I've only used the Monster for work so far.

I was riding for 2 days before I decided to look at what sort of mileage I am getting so my spreadsheet starts with the battery at 80% and the range 363.76 km/226.03 miles.

Today I've gotten to work and there were a couple of occasions where the Monster beeped at me but I was going fairly quickly up slight hills. As I was getting to the turn off to work I noticed a radar speed sign? show 28mph. I thought there was a car right behind me but when I looked there wasn't so that was me! It definitely didn't feel like 28mph.

So anyway the battery now shows 30% and the range 388.97 km/241.69 miles  a difference of 25.21 km/15.66 miles in 50% which means, potentially I will only get around 30 miles/48 km.

I was getting around 25 miles on my ACM so either the weight/power difference of the Monster is hindering it or it isn't using the two batteries? I'll do a few more charge/discharge cycles and keep monitoring it but if this is right then for what it's cost me so far it isn't a worthwhile purchase for me. I wanted the Monster for the range but thanks to the shell being weak & needing replacing then the batteries arcing I'm not going to be getting it. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TremF said:

So anyway the battery now shows 30% and the range 388.97 km/241.69 miles  a difference of 25.21 km/15.66 miles in 50% which means, potentially I will only get around 30 miles/48 km.

Congratulations on getting your Monster back on the road again!

Ian was correct in his estimation that your mileage would be reduced by 1/3 which makes complete sense considering you had to eliminate the 1 bad pack. Be safe!

Archived