BMS specs for MSuper V3S 84v

2 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I am with you..Looks a "bit" awkward ;-)

But i am happy to hear you have solved your technical Problems! Than now you can work on the appearance or even think about soldering and putting the batteries into the wheel...

I don't have a spot welder, and spending 200Eurs for an experiment is a bit too much... i guess that in case i will upgrade or create a new battery pack it might be worth the investment. If it was today i would definitely make the investment and weld it... didn't got fan of the vruzend kit.

I might try to reduce the height of the extra battery pack by cutting the seat to lower it and remove some of the padding that i used to wrap the battery pack. hopefuly i get a more graceful add-on :)

Thank you @KingSong69

• Upvote 2

On 8/7/2017 at 1:35 PM, Noillek said:

I don't have a spot welder, and spending 200Eurs for an experiment is a bit too much... i guess that in case i will upgrade or create a new battery pack it might be worth the investment. If it was today i would definitely make the investment and weld it... didn't got fan of the vruzend kit.

I built a prototype welder for about 30€... Of course, I still need to build a proper controller for it, and still waiting for nickelstrips to see how it really welds, but have good faith it's enough (about 34 joules of energy, >10kW maximum spike power)  ;) 

V8MpcbL.jpg

Edited by esaj
  • Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, esaj said:

I built a prototype welder for about 30€.

I convinced my wife our microwave was too old to be safe anymore, so we went out and bought a new one. I then dismantled the old one for its transformer to make a spot welder - it didn't have a transformer ???

• Upvote 2

Kept improving the extra battery pack, and this is how is looking now...

IMG_8360.thumb.JPG.3982fe60e1419a7bd15a3745aac46f8a.JPG

IMG_8361.thumb.JPG.ee18d0d3db235da35a890669bab3f83c.JPG

found a few problems that I'm still experimenting with.

1) to be able to still use the seat.

Solution was to reposition the bms to the side of the battery pack and reduce the padding so I could have a flat base to seat well the cover that I created and use some foam on the top. Feels sturdier than before also a bit lower but not so stable as the original seat.

2) BMS had the B- and C- welding loose event after spending allot of time welding and rewelding still feels that it doesn't hold well, any tips are appreciated.

I'm planning to test this Sunday on a +70km ride... 80kg rider+gear, flat ride, 3.5bar tire pressure, avg. speed 30/35 km/h, forecast 20C and no wind.

Last time that did same route with original 1300Wh took me 3h30m at an avg. speed 21km/h with similar conditions and setup. Arrived with 30% battery left.

Main goal is to be able to do 100km with an average speed of 30km/h and 20% battery left.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Noillek said:

2) BMS had the B- and C- welding loose event after spending allot of time welding and rewelding still feels that it doesn't hold well, any tips are appreciated.

Welding? I assume you mean soldering?

If you clean both parts and make a good solder there should be no probs?! Maybe some pictures could help to see what went wrong?

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Noillek said:

improving the extra battery pack, and this is how is looking now...

Looks a lot better now, while for me this design would still be "to much on top"...

But a lot of respect for all your work!!! I like modyfications like this and enthusiastic Euc modding :-)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/11/2017 at 11:46 PM, Noillek said:

Kept improving the extra battery pack, and this is how is looking now...

IMG_8360.thumb.JPG.3982fe60e1419a7bd15a3745aac46f8a.JPG

IMG_8361.thumb.JPG.ee18d0d3db235da35a890669bab3f83c.JPG

found a few problems that I'm still experimenting with.

1) to be able to still use the seat.

Solution was to reposition the bms to the side of the battery pack and reduce the padding so I could have a flat base to seat well the cover that I created and use some foam on the top. Feels sturdier than before also a bit lower but not so stable as the original seat.

I'm planning to test this Sunday on a +70km ride... 80kg rider+gear, flat ride, 3.5bar tire pressure, avg. speed 30/35 km/h, forecast 20C and no wind.

Last time that did same route with original 1300Wh took me 3h30m at an avg. speed 21km/h with similar conditions and setup. Arrived with 30% battery left.

Main goal is to be able to do 100km with an average speed of 30km/h and 20% battery left.

I manage to go for a long ride nd it turned out that I'm still far from my main objective... 100km at 30km/h average

if I would replicate what I have with the 1600wh MSuper version and add 2P to the group as battery pack it should be possible meaning that we would be looking at a +2000wh machine.

Here are my stats,

88km ride, avg. moving 26km/h, took 3h54m including stops... started above 30km/h but was dropping battery too quick, so needed to reduce speed along the ride.

Once again like to see the stats from the CD but I don't think is very accurate, turned off again before full and after that still took 1h with original charger. Only showed 1146Wh replenished battery... total capacity is 1672Wh... where are those 526Wh? Can it be that 1h charging with the original topped that up?

7 hours ago, EU GUY said:

How well does the gotway seat clamp onto the wheel? Can it fall off easily?

It clamps well, moves slightly but doesn't fall off, since I have all wrapped with American tape it stays very snug. And if needed more stability I can just tension belt around and that will do the trick. I prefer that gets out easy in case of a fall, the connectors work well for this purpose as well.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2017 at 1:23 AM, Tishawn Fahie said:

can somebody point me in the right direction to where I can order a new BMS for my GOTWAY MSuper V3s+ - Both batteries are not taking a charge..

Hi Tishawn, if you find how let me know i contacted Gotway and got no reply back... check if the issue can be soldering, cable integrity... high heat in the wheel can create some disconnect/unsoldering.

Good luck with the search for the bms... i think is an in house model.

On ‎28‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 1:23 AM, Tishawn Fahie said:

can somebody point me in the right direction to where I can order a new BMS for my GOTWAY MSuper V3s+ - Both batteries are not taking a charge..

Are you sure that your charger is not defect? Or the chargeport got corroded and bad...

Also: Both packs are connected by a seperate cable....->internal BMS communication

So before trying to Charge "each pack seperatly" you have to disconnect them from the other pack....so that they are really "standalone"!

Edited by KingSong69
  • Upvote 3

On 8/30/2017 at 6:28 AM, KingSong69 said:

Are you sure that your charger is not defect? Or the chargeport got corroded and bad...

Also: Both packs are connected by a seperate cable....->internal BMS communication

So before trying to Charge "each pack seperatly" you have to disconnect them from the other pack....so that they are really "standalone"!

thanks for the response... I checked everything.. each battery.. was tested.. then I took the act batteries and hooked it up to the Super and sure enough it started charging. It's definitely the batteries on the super.

On 8/30/2017 at 6:08 AM, Noillek said:

Hi Tishawn, if you find how let me know i contacted Gotway and got no reply back... check if the issue can be soldering, cable integrity... high heat in the wheel can create some disconnect/unsoldering.

Good luck with the search for the bms... i think is an in house model.

thank you as soon as I get more information I'll let you know. But yeah I thought it was all of the above. Its definitely the super batteries since the ACM batteries started charging when swapped.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tishawn Fahie said:

thanks for the response... I checked everything.. each battery.. was tested.. then I took the act batteries and hooked it up to the Super and sure enough it started charging. It's definitely the batteries on the super.

Then it is really mystery both are bad...have you also disconnected them from one another? Just plugged one in and tried to Charge that one?

Another way to get better range is to upgrade the standard Gotway battery backs for 3500mah cells. The new 1600wh packs use these cells. For the same weight and size you get 20% more range. These are standard 18650 cells supplied in Tesla battery packs and are available on eBay if you look. However only buy genuine LG or Panasonics otherwise less range may result :(

• 2 years later...