IPS ZERO

John Eucist

1 minute ago, SlowMo said:

Those are the ugly sheen pads that come with the unit. :lol:

Ahh. I see.  Remove that ugly pad! With that smooth rounded wheel shaoe i dont think you need it. The wheel looks great - i dont think you wanna ruin the look by placing that black foam over the ugly pad. Wouldnt the foam actually be enough to pad the shin?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Cloud said:

Ahh. I see.  Remove that ugly pad! With that smooth rounded wheel shaoe i dont think you need it. The wheel looks great - i dont think you wanna ruin the look by placing that black foam over the ugly pad. Wouldnt the foam actually be enough to pad the shin?

I'm afraid not. The pads give extra cushion which I require because my shin bone touches the side when mounting. But mind you, the Ninebot One's padding hurt me more.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

I'm afraid not. The pads give extra cushion which I require because my shin bone touches the side when mounting. But mind you, the Ninebot One's padding hurt me more.

I think you have a personal vendetta against ninebot:) 

51 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Here's my Zero. The case is very resilient against drops. :)

17671t.jpg

Funnily enough... I had planned to ask about that very soon. The ZERO body looks beautiful but it also looks kind of fragile in the photos.. so I was going to ask if it would take hard knocks. Seems like you are saying it will?

11 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I think you have a personal vendetta against ninebot:) 

I happen to have both units for comparison but it seems you have a point there. ;)

4 minutes ago, playdad said:

Funnily enough... I had planned to ask about that very soon. The ZERO body looks beautiful but it also looks kind of fragile in the photos.. so I was going to ask if it would take hard knocks. Seems like you are saying it will?

All EUC's are built with tough plastic. The Zero is not an exemption. 

1 minute ago, Cloud said:

Slightly off topic question -  can the lights around the perimeter of the wheel be deactivated or do you have to live with them?

Yes. With atmosphere light mode, the lights are off and the red rear lights light up only when you decelerate or brake.

• Upvote 2

Cool. Last question, and i am sure it was discussed here but i wasnt into the zero before and didnt follow. But seeing these pics kinda makes me want to have one:)  Is there a trolley handle for the zero? Can one be attached? Or is it so light that one is just supposed to carry it:)?

Edited by Cloud

45 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Cool. Last question, and i am sure it was discussed here but i wasnt into the zero before and didnt follow. But seeing these pics kinda makes me want to have one:)  Is there a trolley handle for the zero? Can one be attached? Or is it so light that one is just supposed to carry it:)?

Nope. What I was thinking of buying is the windsurf harness line like the one used on the Ninebot by one of our members. In any case, the Zero is very light compared  to others with the same 340wh battery pack weighing only 10.7 kgs. My MCM2S weighs 11.4 kgs. and the difference in weight is really noticeable as compared to the Zero.

Edited by SlowMo
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, playdad said:

This is what I did for padding 

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Just got mine zero 260wh yesterday from:

www.electricunicycleonline.com/ips-zero-14-inch-30km-h-260wh-electric-unicycle.html

Think they gave me a unit that has less battery. In the ips unlock app i see that the battery is 240wh. I have read that this is possible bc of cheaper batteries inside so the ppl will earn more. I cant check it, until  tomorrow  bc the unit is at the shop. 

What do you think? Is it the app or unit? Bc the app i got it off this forum to unlock the 30km. Havent found a official ips zero app yet. 

3 hours ago, triad88 said:

I directly mail them about it. To explain it to me and if they have a solution. 

So Tony gave you the switcharoo. Hmm. IPS 240wh units are only for sale inside China at a much lower price like around USD 300.00 each. Tony has a lot of explaining to do.

Well, that's terrible. The link itself mentions 260WH. I don't even have to go to the site to view the page! I think he's going to use the cost of transport to make you re-consider shipping back for a swap. Perhaps the best angle would be to ask for the price difference refunded if you can accept the 240WH.

45 minutes ago, micro said:

On the website of IPS there are two models, 120 and 240Wh.

See the spec list here (scroll down):

http://www.iamips.com/product-show-23

I cannot find anything about 340Wh. And nothing in the English language version.

Good find! But they are selling 240wh in China for CNY 1,950.00 net. and the price offered by Tony is for the 260wh model amounting to 430.00 dollars.

4 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Good find! But they are selling 240wh in China for CNY 1,950.00 net. and the price offered by Tony is for the 260wh model amounting to 430.00 dollars.

Good find indeed and very puzzling! Are they switching their battery packs?

4 hours ago, micro said:

On the website of IPS there are two models, 120 and 240Wh.

See the spec list here (scroll down):

http://www.iamips.com/product-show-23

I cannot find anything about 340Wh. And nothing in the English language version.

Thanks for the link, Micro.

Here are the two links that support the old 130/260 numbers. Both of these are IPS OWN official stores on the 2 major online shopping sites in China and they are still current.

http://item.jd.com/1816191406.html

http://world.tmall.com/item/523189141012.htm?spm=a312a.7700824.w5002-10930231528.5.Fsa3N6&id=523189141012&skuId=3114569203907

Notice the 260wh version goes for 2999 CNY in both stores.

Now notice the 240wh version here goes for 1999 CNY which is a difference of 150USD!

http://item.jd.com/2025762.html

This is a huge difference for a drop of 20wh, wouldn't you agree? I'm mighty syrprised that the official site now lists 120/240wh instead of the old numbers despite their own store still packing the old version. This really gets me wondering about what's going on here.

In case anyone wonders why I bother... I've been contemplating grabbing a ZERO but the 20wh drop amounting to a USD150 price decrease makes me wonder about the quality of that 240wh battery. And I'm not sure they won't just send me a 240wh now even if I order 260wh with the new official site update. I used to think it was just a reseller variant but the site update would imply this is something else.

Edited by playdad
add

1 hour ago, playdad said:

Good find indeed and very puzzling! Are they switching their battery packs?

Thanks for the link, Micro.

Here are the two links that support the old 130/260 numbers. Both of these are IPS OWN official stores on the 2 major online shopping sites in China and they are still current.

http://item.jd.com/1816191406.html

http://world.tmall.com/item/523189141012.htm?spm=a312a.7700824.w5002-10930231528.5.Fsa3N6&id=523189141012&skuId=3114569203907

Notice the 260wh version goes for 2999 CNY in both stores.

Now notice the 240wh version here goes for 1999 CNY which is a difference of 150USD!

http://item.jd.com/2025762.html

This is a huge difference for a drop of 20wh, wouldn't you agree? I'm mighty syrprised that the official site now lists 120/240wh instead of the old numbers despite their own store still packing the old version. This really gets me wondering about what's going on here.

In case anyone wonders why I bother... I've been contemplating grabbing a ZERO but the 20wh drop amounting to a USD150 price decrease makes me wonder about the quality of that 240wh battery. And I'm not sure they won't just send me a 240wh now even if I order 260wh with the new official site update. I used to think it was just a reseller variant but the site update would imply this is something else.

Thanks @playdad for these infos,

is it possible for a foreigner to order IPS products by using the websites that you mentioned, or is it restricted to the chinese market ?

I have ordered my Zero from Iamips.com by contacting Run Meng as indicated many times in this forum, but nevertheless a direct online shopping would be nice as well.

the 340 wh version is not even mentioned on the website of IPS, but was available by contacting Run Meng who said that in this case the unit would still need to be assembled for this order. So it seems that certain (standard) versions are prepared per batches and available on stock while others versions, eg. with larger batteries, are prepared unit-wise for each new order.

ordering an IPS product still requires quite a lot of know-how... thanks a lot everybody for sharing your experiences  :-)

Gabriel,

No, I'm afraid they don't do international straight off the sites. You can be a foreigner but will probably have to reside in China.  :P

Yes, custom order for 340wh and you do pay more... hence why they're willing to do that!

Edited by playdad
add