IPS ZERO

John Eucist

1 hour ago, Chris Westland said:

The available torque did drop (almost in half) at about 16km/h according to the Russian dyno study, but that study used a motorcycle inertial drum which would be equivalent to having a 500lb rider on the Zero (I'm 150 lb).

That Russian test was only good to get a rough estimate of the max power output. Nothing else can be securely interpreted into those curves.

57 minutes ago, Slaughthammer said:

That Russian test was only good to get a rough estimate of the max power output. Nothing else can be securely interpreted into those curves.

I agree ... I've actually planned a torque (vs. inertial) dyno test of my Zero to see what I get with, say, a 70kg inertial load.  I'll report whenever it happens.

On 2/1/2016 at 0:45 AM, Cloud said:

Lhotz owners say there are a few speed warning beeps starting at 22 and up that you cant turn off by programming

That's weird. I have 2 Lhotzs, and neither has ever beeped except in one situation: left turned on in upright position motionless for more than (approximately) 2 minutes.

@csmyers, I've been experimenting a bit more with the IPS Zero and find I can actually steer tight turns without dipping the pedal into the ground (most of the time :o).  I'm not sure exactly how to describe it, but rather than forward weighting the inside pedal while back weighting the outside, I front weight both, with slightly more weight on the inside.   I can add an extra push from my shoulders, but have found that a smooth turn is pretty easy this way.  The IPS being lighter and smaller is much more maneuverable than the V8, but the technique is different.  When you have more mass, you need to flow with the turn (I can only imagine how a Gotway Monster feels).  

6 minutes ago, Chris Westland said:

I'm not sure exactly how to describe it, but rather than forward weighting the inside pedal while back weighting the outside, I front weight both, with slightly more weight on the inside.

I actually go even further: in turns I forward weight the outer pedal and backward weight the inner pedal. I started this technique in order to prevent my front foot catching the ground with weight. Then I found that it also seems to make tighter turns more natural.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mono said:

I actually go even further: in turns I forward weight the outer pedal and backward weight the inner pedal. I started this technique in order to prevent my front foot catching the ground with weight. Then I found that it also seems to make tighter turns more natural.

That works, and I'm still experimenting with this.  I was also front weighting the inside, back weighting the outside, but occasionally catching the inside pedal on the ground; I feel with the forward weighting of both pedals I can get a tighter turn.  Nothing definitive yet ... I'm still experimenting, and will report back.

On 11/3/2016 at 9:48 AM, Dimacus said:

everytime you turn off\on IPS ZERO again, lamp becomes off, and you need to open app, connect via bluetooth and turn it up by hand again.

This is the case with the IPS 191 Lhotz too. Yueyue from IPS told me there is no way to save this "ON" setting. I turn my wheel on and off too many times to re-connect the app every time just so my lamp can be on. It's disappointing but not a deal-breaker for me.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Could anyone help me? I have an IPS ZERO 260Wh, I charge the battery and only charge up to 90%, I start riding and when it reaches 60% it starts to beep constantly jumping back and becoming uncontrollable, forcing me to reset, then I ride again and in less than a minute it beeps again making it impossible to continue. When it happens App shows this message "Battery lower than under voltage"

4810d404-890f-40ee-b5b1-95f50940d04a.png

14 hours ago, RoberAce said:

Could anyone help me? I have an IPS ZERO 260Wh, I charge the battery and only charge up to 90%, I start riding and when it reaches 60% it starts to beep constantly jumping back and becoming uncontrollable, forcing me to reset, then I ride again and in less than a minute it beeps again making it impossible to continue. When it happens App shows this message "Battery lower than under voltage"

4810d404-890f-40ee-b5b1-95f50940d04a.png

I would say, one or more cells in the battery are damaged ... 

I'm afraid battery needs to be changed !

I had the same issue on my wheel from a different brand.

On 6/11/2018 at 1:46 PM, RoberAce said:

When charged to 90%, go in the app to the settings, than tap the voltage reading several times until a table of voltages appear. Post that table here, than we can tell for sure if you got a bad cell.

• Upvote 3

• 10 months later...
On 6/14/2018 at 2:44 PM, Slaughthammer said:

When charged to 90%, go in the app to the settings, than tap the voltage reading several times until a table of voltages appear. Post that table here, than we can tell for sure if you got a bad cell.

I hope it's okay to post my table. I'm having the same issue and when I followed the steps to get the data and what I saw really surprised me. 

Can you tell me anything from this table?

Thanks.

Screenshot_20190504-182713~2.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2019 at 3:32 AM, Freewheeler said:

I hope it's okay to post my table. I'm having the same issue and when I followed the steps to get the data and what I saw really surprised me. 

Can you tell me anything from this table?

Thanks.

Screenshot_20190504-182713~2.png

The voltage reading as suggested @Slaughthammer works only with the IPS LHOTZ as far as what I tested. Forgot if it worked with the i5 As I have that wheel on the other side of the world but the i3(ZERO) shows them all 0 and it doesn't give you much information unfortunately

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I just got a IPS Zero second hand. I really would like to get the app that works with the Zero. I tried downloading 3-4 different apps, one of them found me wheel but did not display any info, it was also in chines which made it hard to use. Last owner did not know anything about an app. My wheel was sold in Sweden by a Swedish company that re branded it to MonoWheel. If anyone could help that would be really appreciated.

IMG-20200721-145119.jpg

@Bagheera

There are several "versions" of the IPS app, and different versions work (or don't work) depending on the version of your wheel. 

If you go to https://www.roll.nz/content/22-apps there are a few choices for you to try. I suggest you start with v1.2 - that has a splash-screen of a person holding a wheel and once opened has the orange and white colour scheme.

Let us know how you get on.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 6:21 PM, Pengloong said:

There are several "versions" of the IPS app, and different versions work (or don't work) depending on the version of your wheel. 

If you go to https://www.roll.nz/content/22-apps there are a few choices for you to try. I suggest you start with v1.2 - that has a splash-screen of a person holding a wheel and once opened has the orange and white colour scheme.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi, I just tried all 3 apps, none of them found my wheel. Not sure if I am doing it correctly, I powered up the wheel when I was testing the apps, refreshed a few times in ever app, but nothing came up. 

• 4 months later...

Hi guyz. I need your help.

I've got IPS zero 340wh and during dynamic acceleration from 0 to about 20 km/h it has dropped me twice. No obstacles just plane asphalt. Suddenly it started to make noize  like khr-khr and stop support the balance. Once I encountered it during fast break. The same sound and I'm down. The speed limit set to 25 km/h,  battery was 60%+ charged,  total mileage 70km, my weight is 76kg. I didn't do any extreme things just urban ride to work and back home. It is starting to be scary for me to ride it again.