IPS ZERO

John Eucist

Why do they fuck up their distribution channel and sell directly first? This chinese companies have no understanding how to structure their sales channels.
Why do they sell a powerfull motor which drains the battery easily? There's no balance between motor power and battery capacity.

Edited by Gaston

Hi,

Not yet. They said that will be delivered on the 10th September and I'll get it on the 15th of September. 

I can't wait to see if it worth the money and the wait :)

I'll pick it up on the 18th since I'll be back from Oslo to Copenhagen. 

As soon as i get it I'll make some pics and then in the weekend i will also try it out

Hi,

Not yet. They said that will be delivered on the 10th September and I'll get it on the 15th of September. 

I can't wait to see if it worth the money and the wait :)

I'll pick it up on the 18th since I'll be back from Oslo to Copenhagen. 

As soon as i get it I'll make some pics and then in the weekend i will also try it out

I'm actually in the process of ordering it maybe I should wait a little so u can give me a feedback ;)

does it come with a smartphone app?  I'm wondering .

Wait a bit so I can tell you for sure. They say that it has Bluetooth so it should have an app, but, does it??? 

They say that already have some orders to ship and due to bank holiday it will be sent on 10th. On the 19th i will be able to answer to all your questions since i will try it as well. 

I'm still syper afraid for the very low shell. Maybe a bit to low. Only 3,8cm from ground. 

If the lower part of the shell is just "ornamental", you could always just cut it away to get more ground clearance if you need it... that's what vee had done with the old Firewheel shells. I haven't cut the lower parts of the new shells, looks like they come off about 4cm from the ground, never had any issues of them hitting anything.

Who would like to know how the Ips zero feels??? 

Me too!!!! 

Delivery date got postponed :(
This is the reply from Ips after they supposed to deliver today:
we are sincerely apologized for this delay,we have about thirty customer also dela. 
we guarantee that we will delivery before the end of this month maybe 20th September.

you could check tthe attachment we still test unicycle work well enough.

Crossed fingers :)

Arrrrgh.. the crux with new products, they never get on time onto the market..

Keep us updated on the progress and make sure you take pics when you got it!

is this typical for new products in the EU world? I have a few orders for the zero myself but this is the 3rd delay now. this has definitely been a major disappointment thus far

I think its typical for most new products in the internet age in general. In the past companies with a great new product were stuggling to get their products known in the world. Today everybody is pre-ordering off some few fuzzy facts and concept art and expects stuff to be done within a few weeks after payment. (dont get me wrong, this is not pointed towards the Zero in particular, its a general observation I made) Most of those products arent developed that far yet and far from ready for sell, unexpected problems in development will occur etc.
Trouble is, if you dont let your potential customers pre-order, they will pre-spend their money somewhere else where they can. Being satisfied or not in the end is a whole different story.

@Paul Panait I cant open those MP4 with VLC.. :blink: I had to deal with the stagefright security flaw of android today in the office, so now I am a bit paranoid, since that uses forged MP4 files to take over your beloved smartphone.

well said, very informative! i see your point about the frustration and also the reason why they do it. All in all, I still think IPS fumbled the ball here big time (in my personal case), taking all the pointers you've mentioned. I hope they can deliver on their word soon

• Upvote 1

I was just coming here to communicate the delay on the Zero as well! IPS tells me that they will be shipping at the end of the month. 

The LHOTZ's I ordered have been shipping fine, it just seems like they are wrapping up testing and production on the Zero. 

I have those same .mp4's, they aren't  a security risk :)

Im looking into purchasing my first wheel i've narrow it down to the kingsong or one of these 2 IPS, is this site the resellers of IPS? if not , where can i purchase the IPS zero? 

http://www.electricunicycleonline.com/ips-i130-30km-h-130wh-electric-unicycle.html

http://www.electricunicycleonline.com/ips-zero-14-inch-30km-h-260wh-electric-unicycle.html

:) thanks

Watching this thread with interest as I'm looking to buy my 1st SBU. 

It's b/w the Ninebot One P or the IPS Zero 340 for me. Based on the price and specs, I'm definitely leaning towards the Zero. I think aesthetically these two are the best.

Am eagerly awaiting the reviews from some of the members here before I make a decision.

Cheers.