MSuper V3 S+ without leg support pads

Hi Everyone,

Since its battery panels are much wider and its pedals not, it seems to me the MSuper V3 S+ would be more comfortable without the leg pads, no? The lower part of your leg could then be straight instead of fighting the pad to rest the full surface of your feet on the pedals, especially if your feet are wide like mine. Have any of you tried that? It seems logical... You could even replace the cushion with the stuff you usually pad your wheels with...

Cheers

Spinner

The extra-wide pads used to bother me a lot until suddenly one day they no longer did. My feet would hang off the sides of the pedal until suddenly one day they no longer did.

I have no explanation of this. The pads are not compressed, my legs have not become bowlegged, the footpedals have not become wider. There is, however, one and only one correct position on the MSuper.

I find the MSuper to be most comfortable, with the caveat one's entire lower body is completely locked into the wheel; it's complete lower body rotation as opposed to being able to tilt the wheel by bending just one leg.

I think this is entirely appropriate to the MSuper since the speeds generated by this wheel precludes letting it float between your legs. With my 14 inch wheels I kinda just let those wheels "float" between my feet, and the wheel and me sorta go in the same general direction. With the MSuper it's more appropriate to lock it hard and stable between my legs; I don't want the damn thing going anywhere without me.

6 hours ago, LanghamP said:

The extra-wide pads used to bother me a lot until suddenly one day they no longer did. My feet would hang off the sides of the pedal until suddenly one day they no longer did.

I have no explanation of this. The pads are not compressed, my legs have not become bowlegged, the footpedals have not become wider. There is, however, one and only one correct position on the MSuper.

I find the MSuper to be most comfortable, with the caveat one's entire lower body is completely locked into the wheel; it's complete lower body rotation as opposed to being able to tilt the wheel by bending just one leg.

I think this is entirely appropriate to the MSuper since the speeds generated by this wheel precludes letting it float between your legs. With my 14 inch wheels I kinda just let those wheels "float" between my feet, and the wheel and me sorta go in the same general direction. With the MSuper it's more appropriate to lock it hard and stable between my legs; I don't want the damn thing going anywhere without me.

Hey LanghamP,  thanks for your message. Do you have the 1300WH or 1600Wh version? 

By the way, I tried the MSuper S+ again today. @Eddrush generously offered that we ride with both his S+, ACM and MSuper so that I could make up my mind which to buy next after my V8. I noticed that carving with the MSuper was not as  fun. I figured that it was because the sports mode (or whatever it's called) makes braking too sudden when approaching the center of the turn. The way to have the same feeling is changing the riding mode to the medium setting. Then it was perfect. Very smooth when carving. I wouldn't use that mode for daily commute in case you need to brake quickly but it's good to know it's there when you just want to ski on the asphalt.

I'm still certain that these pads need to be thinner. Not on the other versions of the MSuper but definitely on the S+ because of the wider battery panels.

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2017 at 1:07 PM, Spinner said:

Hi Everyone,

Since its battery panels are much wider and its pedals not, it seems to me the MSuper V3 S+ would be more comfortable without the leg pads, no? The lower part of your leg could then be straight instead of fighting the pad to rest the full surface of your feet on the pedals, especially if your feet are wide like mine. Have any of you tried that? It seems logical... You could even replace the cushion with the stuff you usually pad your wheels with...

Cheers

Spinner

I was searching to see if someone made an aftermarket pad and I ran across this thread. I guess I'll give it more time per Langham P's suggestion (thank you). But DAYAM, do my calves hurt on a long ride! I also have a V8 and it's the same spot that the bump on top hits. My next thing is to locate a pad for the bump.

I just found out about Darkness Bot app which is so much better. When I turn the M-Super, I have to angle so far forward I feel like my feet are going to slide off. Are there any adjustments in Darkness Bot APP?

3 months ago I was reading up on which wheel to get, I started with the V8, and really love all it's characteristics, but the need for speed took over and I got the M-Super, I'm keeping the V8 as my commuter, and the M-Super for the heavy duty stuff.

9 minutes ago, applecran said:

What is that stuff called? Trying to find it in Canada.  Thx

56884b2d-eb0e-4565-b8b3-0605e880d2ba_1.3baby foam protector, you can order it from walmart.  Just google baby foam protector, you'll see lots of places to order from.

6 hours ago, zlymex said:

I don't use the pads on my V3s+ because it is already thick and the pads will make it thicker. Instead, I use this
Mudshield.jpg

Yip...

exactly my way, also:

tNmF4Sw.jpg

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

Yip...

exactly my way, also:

tNmF4Sw.jpg

Actually, I'm curious how something like the V3 rides without any foam. As you achieve "advanced" riding skills you no longer squeeze the wheel. Is any foam really necessary?

I don't feel like pulling off my foam to try it, but since you already removed the original pads I figure you may have rode it around a little to see how it rides without the foam.

10 hours ago, steve454 said:

56884b2d-eb0e-4565-b8b3-0605e880d2ba_1.3baby foam protector, you can order it from walmart.  Just google baby foam protector, you'll see lots of places to order from.

Thanks! Cant find it in Black here, if anyone has extra they want to sell let me know! Thanks

Archived