What to get for max 700 Euro?

Want-a-new-EUC

Hi everyone,

I plan to buy a new EUC for roughly 700 Euro. I am thinking about the Ninebot S2 which I can get for 699€ here in Germany, but I am not sure if this the best choice for this amount of money.

This would be my second EUC. Currently, I own an Airwheel X3. My pain points with the X3 are the slow max speed, the low range (132WH battery) and the fact that my calves are aching because the cover is pressing into them pretty heavily (I don't have the thinnest calves). The constant beeping noise at max speed also drove me crazy so I cut the wire to the speaker to get rid of that nonsense. The new EUC should not try to drive my crazy by constantly beeping at me.

I do not need to go 30km or more in one shot or go more than 30km/h. I also do not plan to go off-road or doing stunts with the wheel.
I can get a Ninebot S2 for around 700 € but maybe some other EUC might be even a better fit for me.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Looking quickly at couple of German resellers (1RadWerkstatt & electrosport.de) 340Wh KS14C (not D or S) is 699€, that should be capable of 30km/h? 260Wh Gotway MCM3 V2 is 589€, capable of 30km/h too, I think. 340Wh Gotway MCM4 HS (34km/h) is a bit above your budget at 749€.

Don't remember of the top of my head if there are other wheels capable of 30km/h at that price range (IPS Lhotz?), but someone else might know / spot something. Probably comes at the cost of either less range (smaller batteries) and possibly power when the batteries are running low (happens faster with less packs in parallel), or having to put in a bit more. Also check some other reseller options:

Or you might find something in the second-hand wheels:

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/forum/24-private-sales-secondhand/

6 hours ago, Want-a-new-EUC said:

Hi everyone,

I plan to buy a new EUC for roughly 700 Euro. I am thinking about the Ninebot S2 which I can get for 699€ here in Germany, but I am not sure if this the best choice for this amount of money.

This would be my second EUC. Currently, I own an Airwheel X3. My pain points with the X3 are the slow max speed, the low range (132WH battery) and the fact that my calves are aching because the cover is pressing into them pretty heavily (I don't have the thinnest calves). The constant beeping noise at max speed also drove me crazy so I cut the wire to the speaker to get rid of that nonsense. The new EUC should not try to drive my crazy by constantly beeping at me.

I do not need to go 30km or more in one shot or go more than 30km/h. I also do not plan to go off-road or doing stunts with the wheel.
I can get a Ninebot S2 for around 700 € but maybe some other EUC might be even a better fit for me.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

I would advice to take a look into privat sales....perhaps some members from Germany, with a bit of reputation, are selling one or two wheels?

....or just take a look in my signature ;-) Test-drives always possible :-)

Edit: Thats was bit of ironic...as my wheels do not fit your needs....but none the less i would think over the idea of getting a S2, as there are (in my opinion) much, much better wheels on the market!

Hi again,

thanks for the info. What exactly makes the other wheels so much better than the Ninebot S2?
The Ninebot goes max 24km/h which would be ok for me. 310WH battery is similar to other brands in that price range.
I hope the design of the Ninebot would fit well for my legs. With the Airwheel X3 I have exactly the problem that has been visualized on the Ninebot page.

Unbenannt.JPG.6059beb79540b3827cf7d3b5c08284e6.JPG

What makes the KS14C or the other Gotway wheels better than the Ninebot S2?
I have also seen the Inmotion V5F in that price range, would that maybe be a better choice?

Thanks again for your help.

28 minutes ago, Want-a-new-EUC said:

Hi again,

thanks for the info. What exactly makes the other wheels so much better than the Ninebot S2?
The Ninebot goes max 24km/h which would be ok for me. 310WH battery is similar to other brands in that price range.
I hope the design of the Ninebot would fit well for my legs. With the Airwheel X3 I have exactly the problem that has been visualized on the Ninebot page.

Unbenannt.JPG.6059beb79540b3827cf7d3b5c08284e6.JPG

What makes the KS14C or the other Gotway wheels better than the Ninebot S2?
I have also seen the Inmotion V5F in that price range, would that maybe be a better choice?

Thanks again for your help.

"Better" is relatively subjective thing, but at least they have more powerful motors. KS14C and Gotway MCM3 have 800W rated (up to around 2-3kW peak?) motors (if I recall correctly), whereas S2 has 500W (1-1.5kW+ peak?). Of course you won't need the high power most of the time, mostly just during start, accelerating & climbing hills.

I think KS14C is by far the overall best wheel for 700€. MCM4 might be worth it if it's only 50,- more and you like the wheel for some reason. Both are better (faster/stronger/newer) than any Ninebots.

If you are 90kg or less, you can get KS14B for 400€ from France (http://kingsong-europe.com) but it's only 174Wh and I don't know much about the wheel. But it would be a cheap upgrade.

What's your weight?

What do you plan to do with the wheel?

Is there a chance you'll spend more money if it makes sense for you?

Weight is 75kg.

I plan to drive around for fun. Nothing special. Just want some more speed and range compared to the Airwheel X3. And of course more comfort for my calves. That's all.
Would spend more when I see a real benefit. But max. 800€.
I think anything above 22km/h speed and roughly 300WH would be ok.
That's why I thought the S2 would be a good fit but if there anything with maybe more battery or better driveability I would be willing to spend an extra 100 bucks.

At 1000€ plus the 16 inch wheels and big batteries begin and you have more options. But it seems you'll be happy with comparably little requirements (unless you want to rethink that, big batteries are extremely awesome). If I were in your situation (and sure about not wanting a "bigger" wheel), I would buy a 14C - great and tested wheel, and certainly better than the Ninebot at the same price (faster, lights, stronger motor).

On the French site you could also get 520 Wh 14C (instead of 340Wh) for 800 (instead of 700) so for 100€ you get quite the bigger battery. One more idea to consider:)

Also, trust your intuition. If for some reason you're fixated on the Ninebot, it isn't a bad wheel, just the alternatives are simply better.

I think the decision will be between Ninebot S2 and the MCM4 HS which I could get for 750€.
From Kingson I would like the new 14D but that would be around 1000€ or the inmotion V8 which would also be at least 1000€.

So Ninebot S2 or Gotway MCM4 HS? Which one would you guys pick?

I don't know directly the product, but why anyone hasn't proposed IPs zero? ... It seems that it responds well to its needs, it is also very light  as the price 

Archived