Oscillation and cut out problem with Gotway MSuper V3, ACM, maybe Monster shipped from May 2017 onwards

12 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

:clap3:

You could print this out and I would sign it.

:clap3:

3 ways to have peace of mind:

• slowly get to the limits of the wheel without breaking it (experience)
  • wear safety gear: wrist, kneed guards; helmet (safeguarding)
  • buy Kingsong and see if they really can't be broken;) (sidestepping)

Lol...  sooo.   Gotway is the Ferrari of the EUC world is what you're saying...  they just need to ship in Ferrarri Red. ?   Oh the irony. (Great motor.  Faulty transmission is why Lamborghini started making Super cars.... )

So does this make KS the Honda,  and ninebot the Ford Model T?  :blink1:

Edited by SeattleAbarth
Spelling
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, SeattleAbarth said:

Lol...  sooo.   Gotway is the Ferrari of the EUC world is what you're saying...  they just need to ship in Ferrarri Red. ?   Oh the irony. (Great motor.  Faulty transmission is why Lamborghini started making Super cars.... )

So does this make KS the Honda,  and ninebot the Ford Model T?  :blink1:

Apt analogies :D

Just today I've received a package from Gotway with a new Montherboard, screws and pasta for my MSuper V3..
Never asked for it and never had an issue thus far, driven 100km on it, but I think to be sure I will replace the board. Guess I'll  drive with absolute care after the change ..  But at least Gotway is trying to solve the issues, but no note with it.. just the board :-) 

I'll have a close look if I can see any changes visual or that it is only the firmware that is different.. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, MichaelHensen said:

Just today I've received a package from Gotway with a new Montherboard, screws and pasta for my MSuper V3..
Never asked for it and never had an issue thus far, driven 100km on it, but I think to be sure I will replace the board. Guess I'll  drive with absolute care after the change ..  But at least Gotway is trying to solve the issues, but no note with it.. just the board :-) 

I'll have a close look if I can see any changes visual or that it is only the firmware that is different.. 

Very interesting, and good to hear. The "no note" part is funny, but not surprising. Good luck with the new board.

@MichaelHensen

Did you order from Gotway directly? How do they even know your adress otherwise?

What's your wheel's production date? (sticker on the box, below the bar code, first 6 digits are the date) Curious to see which dates they consider affected.

Edited by meepmeepmayer

Yep...Got it shipped directly from gotway, so they had my address... 2017060 should be the production date according the serialnr. But have to admit that I have ridden it for 100km now and felt now issue.. but just to make sure  I will change to my newly sent board.. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MichaelHensen said:

Yep...Got it shipped directly from gotway, so they had my address... 2017060 should be the production date according the serialnr. But have to admit that I have ridden it for 100km now and felt now issue.. but just to make sure  I will change to my newly sent board.. 

The failure mode does seem to vary by riding conditions and probably the weight of the person riding the wheel. I couldn't get mine to fail during any lower speed riding over bumps, etc. But on a higher speed curb transition it hit me. Maybe if your riding style doesn't result in the necessary current spikes you're OK.

I know it's pain in the butt to swap the board but I think your decision to change the board is wise.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MichaelHensen said:

2017060 should be the production date according the serialnr.

Thanks, but the date is incomplete. Wonder why they send you a new board when the wheel was built in June. All dates I've heard were shipped from GW 1-15th of May, and the others - that were supposed to be safe but weren't - were close to that or before that.

Can you recheck? Is it really 1706....... ?

Here's my sticker, it is 11th April (170411...)

25946.jpg

Edited by meepmeepmayer

On 6/29/2017 at 2:08 AM, em1barns said:

Would you know whether the 2 board types you describe both have a very hard mode now, or is it just the latest one?

They added a mode even harder than Madden mode?

@MichaelHensen Thanks!

You have a brand new wheel and still they decided to send you a replacement board. Must have been shipped right after the wheel was shipped.

If yours really is affected, that would mean Gotway did have at least 6 weeks of bad production! (1st of May and possibly earlier til 9th of June - your date) That's a lot of wheels!

2 hours ago, esaj said:

Umm, where are you going to apply that? For the mosfets, you need to use the pads (seen behind the fets in the picture) / non-conductive paste, as the metal tabs are connected to one of the pins (drain), and if you electrically connect them to the heatsink (which is aluminum, and is conductive), all the drains get shorted together to battery voltage (and your heatsink will be at the battery potential too) & your board will blow. Although the pads make the heatflow worse, they're necessary, as well as the parts behind the screws, keeping the screw from touching the tab.

x4913ML.png

The thermal conducting paste goes beneath the aluminum mainboard mounting tab and the pedal hanger. The pedal hanger acts as a secondary heat sink.

Also be sure to carefully reinstall the rubber gasket between the mainboard and shell. It is designed to keep moisture from infiltrating the case.

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

The thermal conducting paste goes beneath the aluminum mainboard mounting tab and the pedal hanger. The pedal hanger acts as a secondary heat sink.

Ah, that makes sense... I was wondering if they expected the owner to apply the paste on the fets themselves, that'd be weird :P

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, esaj said:

Ah, that makes sense... I was wondering if they expected the owner to apply the paste on the fets themselves, that'd be weird :P

Wondering if GW supplied instructions or a link to an installation video came with the new board? Just removing all of the silicone encapsulating the connectors is a pain let alone all of the other issues!

When I received my new board from Jason 4 weeks ago GW informed him that I need to spread the male bullet connector tangs so they fit securely in the female bullet connector.  Here is the photo GW sent along with the email. If customers are not familiar with installing a new board there could be major problems including reconnecting the cells to the board.

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 3

On 6/24/2017 at 1:12 AM, Puce said:

Before reading this post I bought this friday morning a brand new Gotway Msuper 3 820, motor 1608

I have several hundreds kilometers experience with a inmotion V5F.

The gotway was setup by a Belgian dealer, 3 bar 43 psi tire pressure, sport mode, tiltback 33 Km/h 20 mph. My weight is more or less 60 Kg 130 lb.

I rode only 3 Km 2 miles before passing a small road repair not higher than one cm half inch high with smooth border.

Immediately the wheel started bumping with strong rotation acceleration while not touching the ground. It only took 2 meter to have the motor beeping and shutdown. I was at 20 Km/h 12 mph when my face kissed the road.

I came back home on the pavement at walking speed and had the issue a second time while going down from the pavement to the road where the pavement border was almost at road level.

At that speed I was able to control the bump oscillation and could feel my heel going up and down while my toe were stable.

Since this problem has been discovered two weeks ago and there still no official communication from Gotway I think I'm better asking for a refund.

Be aware of any recent Gotway euc if you don't want to look like me

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/aF4iS"><a href="//imgur.com/aF4iS"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We have 3 infected wheels and we are from belgium where did You buy them

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, luske84 said:

We have 3 infected wheels and we are from belgium where did You buy them

From There

I met another forum member which was at the shop for a board replacement. He fell down the same afternoon but at lower speed.

The dealer did apologise , was deeply sorry and already called me two or three times to keep me informed about the resolution progress.

8 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Wondering if GW supplied instructions or a link to an installation video came with the new board? Just removing all of the silicone encapsulating the connectors is a pain let alone all of the other issues!

When I received my new board from Jason 4 weeks ago GW informed him that I need to spread the male bullet connector tangs so they fit securely in the female bullet connector.  Here is the photo GW sent along with the email. If customers are not familiar with installing a new board there could be major problems including reconnecting the cells to the board.

Just a box with the board, a bag of screw and a tube of silicone... No instruction or any note on what to do with it :-)  Just don't forget to remove the Bluetooth module from the old board and transfer it to the new one :-) I almost forgot... !!

• Upvote 1

• esaj unpinned this topic
  • esaj unfeatured this topic