Oscillation and cut out problem with Gotway MSuper V3, ACM, maybe Monster shipped from May 2017 onwards

7 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

You should swap them out wearing one of each at the same time... You will still be a Guinea Pig, but in the unfortunate event of an accident we will at least get some valuable data!   ?

Welcome to the morbid accident discussion. I now have a metal cage wrapped around me so I’m good. Also if I  remember correctly you have an implant that would allow you to join our exclusive club, 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Interestingly my hands never touched the ground. It was left elbow and head that hit.  Instead of fracturing my elbow upon impact the baton was passed and the forces were translated up to my humeral head. Not sure if elbow pads would have absorbed some of the forces. Unfortunately I was not wearing them at the time.

I must have read you describe this before and since forgotten.  Thanks for refreshing my memory.  Makes me think there was nothing you could have done that would have significantly reduced your injury. 

According to many here, had you been a skilled "roller" you would have avoided any injury at all.  :efeee20b79:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

You should swap them out wearing one of each at the same time... You will still be a Guinea Pig, but in the unfortunate event of an accident we will at least get some valuable data!   ?

My first instinct when I received the flexmeters after having had the Hired Hands for a few months was that the flexmeters are the safer bet.  They're certainly much more robust and substantial (and correspondingly less convenient to put on/take off). 

I haven't had to test the flexmeters yet (knocks on wood), but I've had to rely on the Hired Hands and I like that they're integrated into a glove for secondary protection for fingers and the palm protection seems slightly better to me, but I'm sure others will disagree.  I can apply a lot of force on the heel of my hand with the Hired Hands without feeling uncomfortable.  I don't like the velcro fastener on the Hired Hands.  

13 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

According to many here, had you been a skilled "roller" you would have avoided any injury at all.  :efeee20b79:

Interesting that some would say that. Not sure how many members have hit a 10” deep pot hole going 25 mph. My quest for an improved pedal design (spikes) may have been the culprit.  I’ve had nightmares about the ACM’s 50 pound weight being permanently attached to my feet as I tumbled. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Some would say but my quest for an improved pedal design (spikes) may have been the culprit.  I’ve had nightmares about the ACM’s 50 pound weight being permanently attached to my feet as I tumbled. 

I'm not surprised to hear about the nightmares.  I try to mention to newbs that one of the less predictable outcomes of having an accident is the psychological response you have after the accident.  I'm convinced a lot of the people who buy EUCs and then end up giving it up quickly is because they've failed to anticipate how'd they'd respond psychologically to a hard fall.  It's one thing to recover from a physical injury, another to recover psychologically. 

I'm impressed with your resilience, psychologically.  I think I'd have been done.  And honestly, I can't really afford to be with the amount of money I have invested.  I'm super careful in the weeks following an accident because I'm aware that another fall soon after could break my confidence.  

• Like 2

Unfortunately these wheels likely aren't thoroughly vibration tested over long periods of time.  I've always thought they should have automotive / motorcycle grade waterproof connectors and ports to help reduce chances of failure.  Intermittent faults can really shake one's confidence in a wheel. 

It would be interesting to do a full check of the wheel's components to try to find out what exactly failed.  Maybe a weak cell in the battery pack may have triggered the BMS to kick in?  @noisycarlos had a puzzling drop from his Ninebot One E+ ages ago that he discovered was due to a some failing battery cells. 

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Welcome to the morbid accident discussion. I now have a metal cage wrapped around me so I’m good. Also if I  remember correctly you have an implant that would allow you to join our exclusive club, 

Good memory... Yes, my left elbow does indeed extend my WiFi Reception when I hold my phone in that hand. But not directly due to an EUC in my case.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, esaj said:

A year later, and I'm not sure if I should still just keep this topic pinned... Yes, any wheel can fail, but helloo... Is this "normal"?  ;) 

The "oszillation bug" serms to be history by now.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, esaj said:

A year later, and I'm not sure if I should still just keep this topic pinned... Yes, any wheel can fail, but helloo... Is this "normal"?  ;) 

Not normal. When I sold my ACM 1600 earlier this year it had an updated board and motor. The owner crashed the wheel shortly after receiving it. He stated the ACM started oscillating after dropping off of a small curb. I had Jason send him another new board. I have not heard if the situation was resolved. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Xoltri said:

These reports make me nervous, what are the chances the new MSuper X will be affected?

0.00000000000001%

It was a firmware bug, they fixed it a year ago, whatever is going to be a problem with the X, this isn't it:efee47c9c8:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Xoltri said:

These reports make me nervous, what are the chances the new MSuper X will be affected?

Zero. This was an issue with specific firmware from a couple months early in 2017.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

0.00000000000001%

It was a firmware bug, they fixed it a year ago, whatever is going to be a problem with the X, this isn't it:efee47c9c8:

It was a firmware bug. While they fixed the issue, nothing tells us they also implemented tests to avoid a similar issue to happen on a future software revision...

25 minutes ago, em1barns said:

It was a firmware bug. While they fixed the issue, nothing tells us they also implemented tests to avoid a similar issue to happen on a future software revision...

If someone is worrying about such things at this level then it's best to stick with KingSong or Inmotion.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • esaj unpinned this topic
21 minutes ago, Racheal Ann Swoboda said:

So all the v3s+ on the market (new) have the updated firmware? Thinking about getting one within the next couple months

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, as long as it is not very old stock from a questionable reseller. Buy from Jason at eWheels.com and you have no worries.

Edited by WARPed1701D

• esaj unfeatured this topic
  • 9 months later...

I have a msuper v3s 1300wh 84v with serialnr 2017050261 am i affected? I had 2 strange cut offs at 30~35km h, and also some oscillating movement when accelerating att low speed, disappers when i stop accelerating, is that the firmware symptom?