Cryptocurrency

lizardmech

It's basically chinese ethereum with a better feature set. I made a decent profit on the last run, it dipped back down today as chinese traders take their gains. Tempted to rebuy it and see if it surges during the conference. If it gets support from alibaba or the chinese gov backs it it will explode.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, lizardmech said:

It's basically chinese ethereum with a better feature set. I made a decent profit on the last run, it dipped back down today as chinese traders take their gains. Tempted to rebuy it and see if it surges during the conference. If it gets support from alibaba or the chinese gov backs it it will explode.

Be careful tho, as they say "buy the rumor, sell the fact".

Yeah, I did that with digibyte, took 300% profit and it dived after the announcement they had hyped up. Though the antshares thing sounds like it might have the opposite effect, I know for sure microsoft are involved in the conference tomorrow.

9 hours ago, lizardmech said:

I mined dogecoin the first few days it was out, held it until a month ago, got all my trading money from it.

I made a good chunk of money during those days. It really helped with college. I mined on a few Radeon 7970's I had before dedicated miners came out. The rest I bought steam games with. I also mined or bought a lot of different altcoins as they were announced and would sell at the first real rise before people realized not every altcoin created was going to be successful. Lots of weird names, lots of memes, lots of fun.

I told everyone daily about how I believed this would change the world daily and everyone thought I was just crazy. It was my first or second year in college.

No one thought VR was cool yet either, but I made a lot of people believers, and incredibly motion sick, with my Oculus Rift dev kits.

4 hours ago, John Eucist said:

I picked up some ANS/BTC at 0.0033 for kicks. :P 

I think I am going to do the same. Figured instead of eating out I will drop that into it. HOLDDDD. Haha.

I saw that, pretty impressive scheme. Only happened because people did leveraged trades with stop losses set at market price rather than limit. They're all complaining it's the exchanges fault but I don't see how, everything functioned as intended.

1 hour ago, lizardmech said:

I saw that, pretty impressive scheme. Only happened because people did leveraged trades with stop losses set at market price rather than limit. They're all complaining it's the exchanges fault but I don't see how, everything functioned as intended.

Weren't there liquidations set off due to margin positions also? Or does GDAX not have margin trading? Regardless, I don't think super big market orders should be allowed to clear the entire book like that. If the order is so large, it should pause for like 15 seconds after a certain price movement limit (and have a new price limit after that) to give people a chance to put buy orders in. I mean who wouldn't want to buy ETH at 10 cents (or even at $100)? People need to be given time to put the buy orders in.

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, lizardmech said:

Looks like this weekends crash is over. I still think ETH is overpriced it still doesn't have many real applications beyond ICO scams. Bitcoin is fairly useful and had years to slowly climb.

Check this old article out. I think it's plausibly related to the price action in the last few days.

Quote: This also infers that, technically, exchanges today are thinly traded. If I wanted to buy $50m in Bitcoin, what would prevent me from shorting the market by with $2–5m, forcing the price down and then buying $50m in volume from OTC traders who have clients panicking? Market manipulation, although seemingly unlikely, is entirely plausible in a thinly traded market where large trades happen outside the exchange.

https://vinnylingham.com/the-1-dont-use-bitcoin-exchanges-ff019774d886

My current long-term HODL crypto pie (in terms of USD value for each crypto). I actually don't mind seeing bitcoin back down to the sub-1500 area to accumulate more.

EDIT: I have just shifted about a third of my LTC back into BTC due to the likelihood of BIP91 locking in in the next few days. 

crypie20170718.PNG

Archived