Really interesting interview

On 6/9/2017 at 1:51 AM, Mono said:

WOW, that's some deep, precise and honest information!

And a link to a nice motor simulator http://www.ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html

6:11 The myth of voltage (building the "exact same" motor for different voltages, you won't be able to perceive a difference)

23:03 For battery life, cycling 0%<->60% is better than cycling 20%<->80%.

45:58 a self-balancing seatless unicycle build in 2010

46:26 I love the patenting strategy: post the idea in the internet, build a working example of it, done.

1:20:06 Generative braking isn't quite relevant for energy balance but it saves wear on the brake pads extending their life by a factor 4-5

1:21:37 Geared motors are not less durable than direct drive, empirically

1:34:52 The impact of a front hub motor on steering: none, but why else we actually may not want a front hub motor. 

1:40:15 I am hoping that more people do embrace quantifying things, I couldn't agree more.

14 hours ago, qweiczz said:

WOW, that's some deep, precise and honest information!

And a link to a nice motor simulator http://www.ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html

6:11 The myth of voltage (building the "exact same" motor for different voltages, you won't be able to perceive a difference)

23:03 For battery life, cycling 0%<->60% is better than cycling 20%<->80%.

45:58 a self-balancing seatless unicycle build in 2010

46:26 I love the patenting strategy: post the idea in the internet, build a working example of it, done.

1:20:06 Generative braking isn't quite relevant for energy balance but it saves wear on the brake pads extending their life by a factor 4-5

1:21:37 Geared motors are not less durable than direct drive, empirically

1:34:52 The impact of a front hub motor on steering: none, but why else we actually may not want a front hub motor. 

1:40:15 I am hoping that more people do embrace quantifying things, I couldn't agree more.

@qweiczzwhat was the reason to copy-paste a post of mine as if it was yours?

Archived