So I was in South Korea 2 weeks ago on some personal / vacation stuff, and made it a point to try and visit every brick & mortar EUC shop possible while there (since the US has no such thing). 

One of my stops was GEVKorea, located in Busan (2nd largest city in South Korea), of GEVKorea spec'd ACM16+ fame.

XAoSuB4.jpgbIDk2Hx.jpgU9tT8ZE.jpg

My badgering of the initial salesperson with various questions led me to speak with someone whom I believe to be a manager.

As we talked, and he realized I was more EUC-head than casual customer (and that I was from far away), he revealed to me the existence of a GEVKorea spec'd MSuperV3 TURBO prototype (I am posting this with his permission).

Basically, this GEVKorea MSuperV3 TURBO prototype addresses the following:

• hardest response out of any Gotway wheel out, much harder response than a stock MSuperV3S+ (which is the softest out of the current Gotway line). 
  • as a result of the harder response, acceleration from rest is faster (more torque going uphill as well), and braking is harder / faster.
  • like the GEVKorea ACM16+, connectors and cabling is addressed, and a fan that is larger than the ACM16+ fan is implemented.

9qAI87n.jpgO8SowXu.jpg

The manager expressed that he was not certain yet whether GEVKorea would release this TURBO version though. 

Having tried this prototype myself, if this version ever reaches production where I'm able to purchase, I'm totally getting one!

The manager recommended that since, economically, GEVKorea couldn't sell/ship abroad, to try Gotway direct in procuring such an MSuperV3 configuration. Any chance on an eWheels MSuperV3 TURBO @Jason McNeil? *hint* *hint* *wink* *wink* ;)

(also, for those wondering, some of the customizations in the pics were modded by GEVKorea themselves, like the USB port being replaced by a second power button that turns on an in-wheel LED light array)

Also while there, I tried out the infamous ACM16+. Unfortunately, I have no frame of reference to the stock ACM's, as this was the first ACM I've ever been on, but the response was pretty hard as well (not as hard as the MSV3 TURBO prototype).

FyDl4GK.jpg

Very cool, but it's like dangling a huge diamond in my face that I'll never be able to buy (for the wife)  :D

Regarding hardness. Is my understanding correct that the reason the powerful wheels are 'soft' is to prevent too much current draw and the subsequent (potential) damage to the control boards and/or cabling?

It makes sense that a lot more power is required to provide the more instantaneous wheel response that 'hardness' dictates.

Thanks for the very interesting report from overseas :thumbup:

12 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Regarding hardness. Is my understanding correct that the reason the powerful wheels are 'soft' is to prevent too much current draw and the subsequent (potential) damage to the control boards and/or cabling?

It makes sense that a lot more power is required to provide the more instantaneous wheel response that 'hardness' dictates.

Can't profess to be an authority on the topic, but yes, AFAIK, I believe soft EUC response is that the mfr has not been able to negotiate the current spikes that come with harder responses on more powerful EUC motors. It seems Ninebot and InMotion are able to achieve their hardest responses on their less powerful, 500W/550W nominal wheels (E+ and V5F+ respectively).

15 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Very cool, but it's like dangling a huge diamond in my face that I'll never be able to buy (for the wife)  :D

Ha, doubt that (assuming the Turbo version is accessible to US purchasers) considering how many times you've upgraded Gotways (while selling the older version); I know I can commiserate ;)

2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Any chance on an eWheels MSuperV3 TURBO @Jason McNeil?

When the ACMs+ KS (Korean Special) was discussed on the forum, I asked Gotway what sort of MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity) I needed to place in order to get a batch of those painted Wheel for the US; the answer I got was 200 units.

If there is but one cardinal rule I've learned in this Business, it's NOT getting sucked into buying too large a quantity of any particular model. The risks are just too high, can you imagine the massive headache of having to deal with 200 Wheels needing replacement motor connectors?

48 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

When the ACMs+ KS (Korean Special) was discussed on the forum, I asked Gotway what sort of MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity) I needed to place in order to get a batch of those painted Wheel for the US; the answer I got was 200 units.

If there is but one cardinal rule I've learned in this Business, it's NOT getting sucked into buying too large a quantity of any particular model. The risks are just too high, can you imagine the massive headache of having to deal with 200 Wheels needing replacement motor connectors?

Wow, no, I wouldn't commit to so much risk either if I were you.

It would be awesome if you could pickyback off GEVKorea's order or pool up US distributor orders, but this all might be too wishful thinking.

Really hope this configuration permeates through the regular future stock MSuperV3 line then.

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Totally correct!

I really would like to see the cabling/wires of board/motor and the motorconnectors itself from this Turbo Version....bit nice, there is at least a fan to cool the mosfets :-)

3 hours ago, houseofjob said:

<snip>

Ha, doubt that (assuming the Turbo version is accessible to US purchasers) considering how many times you've upgraded Gotways (while selling the older version); I know I can commiserate ;)

Just to clarify, I wasn't referring to finances, but to unavailability. This Korean model is cool, but I'll never be able to get one because I don't live in Korea.

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Just to clarify, I wasn't referring to finances, but to unavailability. This Korean model is cool, but I'll never be able to get one because I don't live in Korea.

Ah, I thought it was a wife thing (like some other forum users commonly lament on). :lol:

When we did my buddies wheel, he got that firm board. It is much nicer to ride. Not as firm as a NineBot, but closer than any other GotWay I've ridden. We also replaced the USB port with an LED switch.  His wheel is pretty spectacular to ride, and look at. 

On 6/6/2017 at 1:57 PM, Jason McNeil said:

Maybe order and sell them with enough margin to cover profit and one recall of cable or motherboard replacement.

find out the price and possibly do a pre-order sale with deposit. Like a funding campaign. Actually you can start one here. https://www.kickstarter.com/

Maybe set it up with 200 supporters need to commit and then put the order.

If your project is successfully funded, the following fees will be collected from your funding total: Kickstarter’s 5% fee, and payment processing fees (between 3% and 5%). If funding isn’t successful, there are no fees.

Kickstarter fee

5% of total funds raised

Payment processing fees

3% + $0.20 per pledge

Pledges under $10 have a discounted micropledge fee of 5% + $0.05 per pledge

Archived