Ninebot stand.

Rotator

I have bought the ninebot one stand.

This stand is very bad designed. If the surface is plain, and is well balanced, may be the ninebot can be supported in this stand without falling. Do not touch the ninebot or it will fall. Neither wind. Is not stable at all.

I have changed the steel bar (8mm, 13cm) for another one (8mm, 17 cm). It is longer than the original, but yet slightly smaller that the ninebot width.

Now is much more stable. Specially if you open the left foot support.

Since the bateries are above the right foot support, that side are more prone to fall.

Anyway, this is a great update when fixed.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 months later...

What makes the stand unstable is that it is not wide enough. I replaced the original bar with a 8mm X 170mm aluminium bar (you can buy these bars in a DIY department store) and it is perfectly steady.

I wonder about the safety problems with an aluminium stand. Rubber ones are less prone to hurt you.

When you already have the trolley handle, you can add a DIY stand. You just need a 8mmX170mm aluminium or steel bar on which you mount 2 motorbike gear lever rubbers like THIS or THIS. The important thing is the diameter of the hole which must be 8mm.

• 5 months later...
On 10/22/2015 at 4:07 PM, Gil said:

What makes the stand unstable is that it is not wide enough. I replaced the original bar with a 8mm X 170mm aluminium bar (you can buy these bars in a DIY department store) and it is perfectly steady.

I believe the instability to be the soft feet provided as stated by @Rotator, I received the rubber one and noted it immediately. Its even more stable just leaning on its own frame then the rubber feet. I plan to order the metal bike foot peg ones photo'd above and attach to the existing bar, they are cheapo on Amazon im sure this is what those other guys did and re-sold it.

I think that width matters. Whatever the rubber end you choose, you will not compensate the fact that the center of gravity is no longer above the stand as soons as the bot is slightly unbalanced.

2 hours ago, Gil said:

I think that width matters. Whatever the rubber end you choose, you will not compensate the fact that the center of gravity is no longer above the stand as soons as the bot is slightly unbalanced.

That's the point, rubber ends is the issue. The rubber is soft and therefore has give, the 9bot will not stand if it has any wiggle room. You need to have solid metal feet, then it won't tip. I commonly stand my 9bot relatively stable without the stand, adding the stand made it less stable, again due to the rubber feet. I plan to order metal pegs from Amazon.

In the photo attached you can see a 9bot standing on its own.

http://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Antislip-Cylinder-Aluminum-Standing/dp/B00AMC2P18/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1460298245&sr=8-4&keywords=Bike+foot+pegs

Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 1.04.34 AM.png

12 hours ago, Vik's said:

That's how I use to park mine everywhere but home. Using cheap stand at home.

Right, me too, but I got sick of it tipping in heavier winds, and odd shaped floors (which are VERY common in NYC). So I ordered the stand, which sucks, only because the feet are rubber, it just tips super easy. I ordered short metal pegs and post to put through the Ninebot stand holder.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012TAKDSW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008IEEX8A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Still waiting for their arrival however.... My measurements say it will work...

I used this as my stand, I have one at work, one at home & one I can attach to my bag....

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Instrument-Adjustable-Lightweight-Professional/dp/B0173WJT8Q?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

13 hours ago, Vik's said:

@StreetMeatNYC Yeah, I've ditched whole stand because of that. Ordered both stand and trolley bar (own mount) but ended up with just a trolley... Was looking into guitar stands but think they will be a little too much. Really like the minimalistic style of acrylic stand. Too bad it's out of stock...

I dont like the acrylic ones, I had actually made myself one out of wood, but I soon realized you can not turn it on while in those stands. The wheel will just spin out. I turn mine on commonly so its an issue for me.

I was thinking about shortening the acrylic one just a little bit to allow the tyre to touch the bottom. That' how it is with banggood's metal "napkin holder" and I powering on 9b1 on it without any problems.

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2016 at 4:00 AM, Vik's said:

@StreetMeatNYC Yeah, I've ditched whole stand because of that. Ordered both stand and trolley bar (own mount) but ended up with just a trolley... Was looking into guitar stands but think they will be a little too much. Really like the minimalistic style of acrylic stand. Too bad it's out of stock...

Did you ever get the acrylic stand?  Im curious if it worked for you, as I am looking for options.  thanks

@adamo I've mailed banggood about that acrylic stand but they answered "out of stock and will never be in stock again"...

So I found a seller on ebay who can produce custom items for me. Very good person and promtly answers all my questions. I have now ordered some stands from him that I hope will work with my 9b1 (modelled the stand out of cardboard to measure it).

I will chime in about the results when I get my parcel.

The order in question is searchable on US Ebay by nr. 141990587523

Archived