EUC anti-theft features ?

Adel

Guys, I stayed really late last night and finished the little project. Today I need to see a friend, so not much time to explain, just the pictures of it. 

Picture 1 is the gps tracker with the circuit board loose, a little red wire connects to antenna. I replaced it with a white wire.

Picture 2 is the Kingsong controller board, on the flip side it marks all the functions of the pins. I found out that the "4.4" pin is the power source of the board. Measured by a meter it's actually 4.68v. It can be used as a low power USB port. 

Picture 3 is the way the gps fit inside the EUC. The fitting is really tight. Not a millimeter to spare.

Picture 4 is how I connect the power. From the controller board I used a 4007 diode to drop a 0.5v, so the battery voltage and the board voltage can be matched. Now the little battery stays at 60% charge forever. Also the on/off button is exposed outside, so I can turn it on/off if I don't like the power drain of it. The reason I still use the battery is that without it the unit won't work. I don't know why, and I had tried many things. My knowledge in electronics is really limited. So if anyone here knows why the tracker has to to use the battery, otherwise it won't turn on, please tell me. Thank you! I really want to get rid of the battery.

Anyway, right now I can give this device a little call, and it will reply me with the latitude, altitude and a nice google map link. It is pretty accurate. Also it can send me updates of positions over a period of time, inform me if it is out of safe zone... A bunch of useful tracking features. The downside is that AT&T no longer support 2G, so right now only t-mobile and its reseller is valid choices. T-mobile has a $3 monthly plan, I think it's perfect for this application.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Hatchet said:

1 or 2 mm from success, ouch!:huh:

Yup, it really sucks after all the time I spent on it. Not sure how to cut the whole board's width by 2mm, and how safe it is.

But at the mean time now I know how to track someone's car discretely for 5 hours. Well I am sure it's not creepy at all.

Hey Guys,

I have an IPS Zero and I moved the charging cable to a 5pin din connector with only two pins used for charging.

Another two pins are used as a form of key. It is inline with the switch, it won't switch on without the key plugged in. Super simple, nice and tight fit no problems sofar!

I also made a backpack for the IPS zero. There are two little hooks which hook on to the outer case at the bottom by the wheel and some velcro on the handle, with a  clip over the whole thing. It's very easy to attach and detach, it makes it easy to carry.

No need to lock it to any railings.

On 6/7/2017 at 9:48 AM, Mono said:

I would think at least twice to put my health on an added $10 device keep functioning. Do you have a good understanding of the underlying circuit logics of the on/off switch of your wheel?

There goes mono again speculating about how something won't work but he know nothing about it. 

Archived