Last battery upgrade (for a friend) with 190Wh inside the shell

smallexis

7 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

@smallexis Awesome mods!! Please post more photos when you finish!

thank you but I have no more picture and I can't take anymore because this shell is use by my friend @cbgti for 2 weeks.

• Upvote 1

@smallexis The more I study your superb modifications the more intrigue I become. Your conceptual, analytical and technical skills should be applauded! :cheers: 

Idea:  An great topic titled 'Really Interesting Interview' posted by @codersarepeople, the owner of Grin Technologies encapsulates his cells in fiberglass to form custom packs. My thoughts are if you fabricated custom packs for the NB1 you could then sparingly silicone or even use double faced tape to secure the packs inside the shell for ease of removal in the event a cell does go bad. Just a thought.:)

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

@smallexis you are a sheer genius.  :smartass:  Plain and simple.  Where did you get the 15S BMS?  Got a link?

thx, you can find this BMS on aliexpress : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/15S-25A-48V-lipo-lithium-Polymer-BMS-PCM-PCB-battery-protection-board-for-15-Packs-18650/32780544801.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.2QjPUa

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

@smallexis The more I study your superb modifications the more intrigue I become. Your conceptual, analytical and technical skills should be applauded! :cheers: 

9 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

My thoughts are if you fabricated custom packs for the NB1 you could then sparingly silicone or even use double faced tape to secure the packs inside the shell for ease of removal in the event a cell does go bad.

Nice link and it's very interesting for a future project

Many thanks. Maybe it's not perfect but it's works very well and it was my goal.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

i also have a doubt about the using of the 15s balancer..... do you only use the balancer to charge the full pack, or you continue to use a xt60/xt90 connector with 63v ?

i don't understand if you have to connect BOTH cables... the 63v one ( at the 2 sides of the circuit) , PLUS the 16 balancing cables... 

because i've also seen someone who charge lipo packs only with the balancing connector

2 hours ago, alex87 said:

hi nice work, could you see my thread?

thank you

there is a big difference between 9B1 16" and 9B1 14" concerning the battery and especially the BMS.

Now, for 9B1 14" and Segway Mini (or NINEBOT MINI PRO or MINI XIAOMI), inside the battery's BMS there is an electronic component that allow the motherboard to recognize the battery. If you make your own DIY battery with a standard BMS, the motherboard will not recognize it and its use could be reduce.

With 9B1 S2, if only one battery is connected (or recognized) the max speed would be 2 kph lower than with 2 batteries connected.

So it's impossible to do same thing as I have done for my 9B1 E because of new secure BMS (with its own FW)

3 hours ago, alex87 said:

i also have a doubt about the using of the 15s balancer..... do you only use the balancer to charge the full pack, or you continue to use a xt60/xt90 connector with 63v ?

5969189267462_slimBMSschemabis.JPG.dd4d8e298827b7e873060982b2b0a3a6.JPG

This is how the BMS's seller advise me to connect cells to the BMS.