KS-14C Not balancing

Maximus

On 6/17/2017 at 4:27 PM, UKJ said:

Not to be negative but informative, by using correctly the exact fitting quality phillips head screw driver, one will never strip heads.

One needs to know how much force is needed to get a bolt, screw tight but not strip either the threads or head.

If you find yourself lacking the good tool, do your self a favor and get one!

ukj

Great point, and maybe I'm in the minority, but when I look at my array of tools and I see something that will "do the job" I just try to get it done.  No doubt that I wish I had a better set of tools and the correct size tools so that I didn't strip any of the screw heads, but in the end it worked out, so I guess, it was a success :) Your point is well taken though and I went out last night and purchased a tool so that I could work with screws in the pedals of my 14C a little better.

Also, just to update you all, the new board on the 14C is doing great!  I went on some pretty extreme mountain/trail riding yesterday evening and the only limitation on the wheel was the driver :)  I was monitoring the temperature and although it was high (135+ degrees) it never overheated.  I did take a break after one serious climb, but all in all, I'm regaining my confidence in this machine and to be honest it's quickly becoming my favorite wheel.  Adding music to my rides is nothing short of fantastic.  I also love that it alerts people on roads that I am coming so that I don't startle them or their pets...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, LanghamP said:

It also became my favorite wheel. However, staying on the pedals is a wretched ordeal until I bought skate tape.

Mob Skateboard Grip Tape Sheet Black 9" BUBBLE FREE https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002E0B2BK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_9p.szb3KHRPKJ

Yup, along with a trolley handle I picked up some grip tape for the pedals from @Jason McNeil, which has been a fantastic addition.  I can't imagine trying to stay on those pedals without the grip tape, particularly if your feet are wet and/or dirty.

On 6/16/2017 at 9:48 PM, Maximus said:

Success!  Here's the first ride after swapping out the board! 

The wheel looks fixed, but I noticed that every time the wheel dipped forward to accelerate from the reverse riding, the headlight would turn off and then when the wheel leveled out going forward, the headlight would turn on again.  Probably normal Kingsong behaviour, just noticed it is all.

He does backwards riding to forward and back again effortlessly, wish I could do that.

On 6/23/2017 at 6:02 PM, steve454 said:

The wheel looks fixed, but I noticed that every time the wheel dipped forward to accelerate from the reverse riding, the headlight would turn off and then when the wheel leveled out going forward, the headlight would turn on again.  Probably normal Kingsong behaviour, just noticed it is all.

He does backwards riding to forward and back again effortlessly, wish I could do that.

I hadn't noticed the headlight going on and off, but it does have a light sensor that he may have been covering and exposing when tilting forward and back, so maybe that's the cause?  As for his riding abilities, yeah, he's certainly got the transitioning down to an art form. He rides one footed around the house and thinks he's pretty cool :facepalm: I'm just glad he's enjoying the wheels. It's been the best investment I've made for spending time with my kids. We go out for rides all the time and explore parts of our town that we never had before!

Archived