67V 8 Amp charger

Flash

The cables are going to be new.
And probably not PCB can withstand that.
Or maybe you can download past, straight cells without PCB. Yes it will straighten the cells even if the download passes.
The rechargeable battery must be reasonably large that the cells are not angry :)

@Flash As @EUC Extreme has said (and I doubt anyone on this forum has more experience than he at pushing battery and power limits on his EUC's) It isn't only the cells that will have charge current limits it is also the wiring and the Battery Management System (BMS).

For a start off 18650 cells are intended to be charged at 1C or less, 0.5 C is more gentle. So to use an 8 Amp charger the batteries would have to be at least 8 Amp hour that is 16 cells x 3.7V x 8 amps = 476.2 Wh pack for 15 Amps charge it would be a 888Wh pack as a minimum. Ideally those packs ought to be twice that size to keep charging nearer 0.5C. Quite a lot of packs are those sorts of sizes and, in some cases have multiple packs with multiple BMS so, potentially, charging at 8 or 15 Amps could be  perfectly OK.

However the BMS works to balance the individual cells by shunting current around any cells that have reached 4.2V early. Potentially you could be asking them to shunt up to  8 or 15 Amps so a very close look at the capabilities of the BMS would be needed and a look at the pack layout in the wheel to establish if there are multiple parallel BMS.

Finally, if the manufacturer supplies only a 2 Amp or 4 Amp charger you need to assume that the charge circuit wiring, plugs etc may well not be built to handle 8 or 15 Amps so this would also need to be checked and researched properly.

Short answer, they might be alright, but on your head be it, and test it in the open in case a fire results ?

I believe @EUC Extreme, frequently uses LiPo packs charged with model radio control type fast chargers both batteries and chargers are built to handle high charge currents and the BMS Is in the charger - not battery?

55 minutes ago, EUC Extreme said:

The cables are going to be new.
And probably not PCB can withstand that.
Or maybe you can download past, straight cells without PCB. Yes it will straighten the cells even if the download passes.
The rechargeable battery must be reasonably large that the cells are not angry :)

HI EUC Extreme

Yes I have a Kingsong 18A with 1360wh battery pack original from factory , I also read about cars that have quick charge , it doesnt affect battery life

22 minutes ago, Keith said:

@Flash As @EUC Extreme has said (and I doubt anyone on this forum has more experience than he at pushing battery and power limits on his EUC's) It isn't only the cells that will have charge current limits it is also the wiring and the Battery Management System (BMS).

For a start off 18650 cells are intended to be charged at 1C or less, 0.5 C is more gentle. So to use an 8 Amp charger the batteries would have to be at least 8 Amp hour that is 16 cells x 3.7V x 8 amps = 476.2 Wh pack for 15 Amps charge it would be a 888Wh pack as a minimum. Ideally those packs ought to be twice that size to keep charging nearer 0.5C. Quite a lot of packs are those sorts of sizes and, in some cases have multiple packs with multiple BMS so, potentially, charging at 8 or 15 Amps could be  perfectly OK.

However the BMS works to balance the individual cells by shunting current around any cells that have reached 4.2V early. Potentially you could be asking them to shunt up to  8 or 15 Amps so a very close look at the capabilities of the BMS would be needed and a look at the pack layout in the wheel to establish if there are multiple parallel BMS.

Finally, if the manufacturer supplies only a 2 Amp or 4 Amp charger you need to assume that the charge circuit wiring, plugs etc may well not be built to handle 8 or 15 Amps so this would also need to be checked and researched properly.

Short answer, they might be alright, but on your head be it, and test it in the open in case a fire results ?

I believe @EUC Extreme, frequently uses LiPo packs charged with model radio control type fast chargers both batteries and chargers are built to handle high charge currents and the BMS Is in the charger - not battery?

Hi Keith 

I have a Kingsong 18A with 1360 wh battery , original

It sounds like bms could be a problem , maybe with a large batterypack its not

Possibly melting charge ports, wiring and BMS limitations aside (but yeah, really look into those before trying anything above 4A per port or such) , 1RadWerkstatt also has chargers up to 1500W (20+ amps at 67.2V), both ready-made or made to order:

http://www.1radwerkstatt.de/epages/80603321.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/80603321/Products/Charger

Chargers from 100 W to 1500 W in all voltages

• Output voltage according to customer requirements (one week delivery time)
  • Current chargers in stock
  • Chargers of the highest quality
  • Aluminum casing
  • Line filter on the input side
  • Circuit protection, overvoltage protection, overcurrent protection, temperature monitoring in the charger

If desired, the charge termination to 80% or 90% thus a substantial increase in the lifetime of the battery

Can't say if it's any cheaper (possibly, depending if you have to pay import rates + VAT for products from China?), but at least I'd expect the quality to be high. 

47 minutes ago, esaj said:

Possibly melting charge ports, wiring and BMS limitations aside (but yeah, really look into those before trying anything above 4A per port or such) , 1RadWerkstatt also has chargers up to 1500W (20+ amps at 67.2V), both ready-made or made to order:

http://www.1radwerkstatt.de/epages/80603321.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/80603321/Products/Charger

Chargers from 100 W to 1500 W in all voltages

• Output voltage according to customer requirements (one week delivery time)
  • Current chargers in stock
  • Chargers of the highest quality
  • Aluminum casing
  • Line filter on the input side
  • Circuit protection, overvoltage protection, overcurrent protection, temperature monitoring in the charger

If desired, the charge termination to 80% or 90% thus a substantial increase in the lifetime of the battery

Can't say if it's any cheaper (possibly, depending if you have to pay import rates + VAT for products from China?), but at least I'd expect the quality to be high. 

Hi Esaj

Its a fair price at radwerkstatt  8A charger , I have to check wirings , I had to ask first maybe someone else had solved it

22 minutes ago, Flash said:

I have to check wirings , I had to ask first maybe someone else had solved it

@Jason McNeil, has certainly been a champion of higher rate charging and to the best of my knowledge has worked closely with Kingsong as it is fairly ridiculous that battery capacity on EUC's, particularly Kingsong, has been increasing rapidly but the chargers supplied by the manufacturer have not, even remotely, kept pace with that capacity. My Kingsong is only 340Wh but was supplied with a 2 Amp charger, yet even with their 1360Wh or higher wheels the standard charger is not much higher. 

However, I think the highest rate charger Jason sells currently has a maximum output of 4Amp? https://www.ewheels.com/new-multi-function-fast-charger-available/

Original Gotway 18 "battery I will be charged with 8A current.
Cables and connectors have been replaced. There have been no problems.
I'm not afraid to raise the charge current anymore because I believe BMS will not last longer. Facts about the information I do not have.

Archived