V5, V5+ or V5F?

SiphoN

Hi all,

Completely new to unicycles but I'm very interested in getting an inmotion v5.

However, I do not know if the V5F would be worth the difference in price over the v5 for my usage. I can get the V5 @ $500 SGD and the V5F @ $720 SGD, that's a 145% price difference.

Not sure as to why the V5F is so much popular over the V5 in this forums?

I'm 62kg (135lbs), and I plan to use it roughly 5km to 12km a day.

@SiphoNYou should find a good comparison of what makes the V5F different in this thread from @Jason McNeil, who has worked closely with Inmotion and Kingsong, indeed the V5F+ was specifically produced to Jason's specification for higher capacity/quality batteries. 

14 minutes ago, Keith said:

@SiphoNYou should find a good comparison of what makes the V5F different in this thread from @Jason McNeil, who has worked closely with Inmotion and Kingsong, indeed the V5F+ was specifically produced to Jason's specification for higher capacity/quality batteries. 

Thank you for the link!

It is slightly above my budget though, so i'll need some time to think about this one. Are there any issues/problems with the V5 which resulted in the making of V5F? 

12 minutes ago, SiphoN said:

It is slightly above my budget though, so i'll need some time to think about this one. Are there any issues/problems with the V5 which resulted in the making of V5F? 

1) Very slow 18kph, 2) tiny battery 144Wh (probably only 100Wh of this is actually usable), 3) older control-board & less powerful motor. 

It should be fine if you're planning on using it for 2-3x walking speed in town, but it has it's limitations. 

58 minutes ago, SiphoN said:

can get the V5 @ $500 SGD and the V5F @ $720 SGD, that's a 145% price difference.

Isn't that just 45% more expensive? From others experience, after the first 20 minutes on the v5, you'll be wishing you went the for the better Wheel....

I would get the latest V5F  or V5F+ if I didn't get my V8.  Very similar range to the V8.  If you want to take it out in rain and not worry about frying your circuits the IP55 waterproof rating is a godsend. 

Save up a little more for the V5F or V5F+ because you want to have some buffer for more remaining battery life if you are going to take it a little further.   Consider your weight too. 

Few years back i bought V5F and now I wish it was a bit faster and had larger battery. It is still great and everything, I'm just getting more demanding more I drive. I think after a while you may feel the same way so I definitely recommend at least V5F or V8. 

For the price, I'd go with the V5F, with your weight, you should get the high end of range for that wheel.

If you can spend a little more and are looking at the V5F+, then you may also want to consider the V8.  In my opinion, the added size of the 16 inch wheel is nice for bumps, and I love the trolley on mine.  I don't care too much about the lights, but if you are into that, then that's another plus for the V8.  

However, the smaller size of the V5F+ has it's advantages too, as many have pointed out in other threads, like the ability to fit under your seat on a bus/train.  I also like the leg padding a bit more on the V5F models, which is essentially non-existent on the V8.  The V5Fs also have a trolley, but I think it's a bit more cumbersome to operate.

Oh and when you make your purchase, I'd strongly encourage you to go through a reputable dealer rather than ebay/aliexpress.  You see time and time again on these forums people running into small/large problems and are left "high and dry" when purchasing from these online markets.  My recommendation is to go through @Jason McNeil at ewheels.com.  That's where I've purchased all of my wheels from and his support after purchase has been nothing short of above and beyond expectations.

Good luck!

I'm a new rider to the V8.  I really enjoy the its effortless ability to take me up a steep hill and off road on grassy fields, dirt road or gravelled roads.

I don't use it to commute so I don't really use up all the charge.  However on weekends and trips, my family share this all day so I'm constantly worried about the battery running out.  I tried charging in my car (didn't work LOL....let me if someone found a setup that works in the car).  Checked out Starbucks but no outlet.

Long story short, the next one I can save money for, I'm going for a 40-50 mile range.  I don't care about the speed as much as the distance.

Unfortunately longer range equates to heavy battery packs :( until battery tech dramatically improves.  The V8 and V5F units, from what I know, are one of the lightest in terms of good power and range.  There's some Russian folks that did some actually tests on the Gotways, inmotions and IPS eucs and actually have very good things to report on the inmotions. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 66kg and I have a V5F+. I use it to commute to work, around 4km or 2.5 miles each way, and i have 80% battery remaining when I get home after work, that's after a couple of big hills and a long bridge incline. A little similar to your needs, so that might be informative data for you.

I definitely recommend the V5F+ if you go V5, route. You will want that extra range and speed.

Think about power are safety in euc. Most of problems I have and read become of a unexpected power off due overpass the euc limit of speed (low specs engine), battery max peak capacity (cheap battery) or balance missed riding irregular tracks.

These low specifications euc are rideable but under very specific situations: speed always under 75% of  the top, no hard acceleration under 50% of charge, very low speed in hill climbing and I not sure about his balance management in bumpy tracks (my first two can't keep the optimal inclination)

The v5 specs 20km/h and 20km range means ride 10km and cruise 15km/h with safety. V5f give you only 5km, 5km/h more of comfort zone and maybe a better balance management. That cost 200€ more, near half price of v5, looks too much but is what take reach v5f specs today with a guarantee.

I bet you don't regret you decision whatever there are, any euc is great (before the day it try to kill you or murder someone xD)

• 1 year later...

Hello all, 

Sorry for reviving an old thread. 

I'm a complete beginner looking to buy my first EUC. 

Can I please get your expert opinions on whether to get Inmotion V5+ (280Wh version) or Ninebot One E+ (320Wh)?

Both are preloved units and sellers are selling them at roughly the same price point. 

The E+ is going for SGD $280 while the V5+ SGD $300. Both have trolley handles. 

• 4 months later...

Here is my review on the V5F

Get the V5F if you’re concerned about the price. 

Get the V5F+ if you’re concerned about the price but want a little more range 

Do not by any means get the V5 unless it’s a $100 or free. 

Archived