Hacking the MiniPro's speed limiter

If you are interested to unlock your device, I can send you cable + etc to read firmware and program update when you pay deposit. No soldering is needed. You will get deposit - unlock fee back when you I receive cable back.  

Hi I want to know more about this unlock (any video, tiltback changes, battery administration...), I recently install swallowbot board and it´s not working correctly, so I need an alternative if they can´t give me a solution :(

On 1/31/2020 at 3:33 PM, Koci said:

Well, the maximum speed should be 25km/h.  I drove maximum 24km/h then I felt unsafe - unstable.  It is huge difference between 18 and 24. I am almost 2m tall and 95kg and I am using just standard version - 700W. There may be problem with stability on heavier people.

My normal travelling speed is between 18-20 km/h.  So the biggest advantage of unlock for me is not tilt back and beeping at 18km/h. I can not say behaviour at speed of 25km/h because I never reached this speed.

Hi, is it possible to send me your Phone number so I can contact you? I am from the Czech Republice as well, but from Liberec and I am very interessted in unlocking the speed limit on my ninebot mini. I am sick of the beeping and tilting back when I reach the limit speed. I would be very grateful if you can help me. Thank you for your time. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just flashed firmware 1.1.7 myself yesterday using my phone and @MRN76's app--it went great! The miniPRO is faster!

After the documentation is written up so you can do it too I'll be flashing the fastest speed hack in, because who doesn't love speed???

My hover-buddy weighs a lot less than me and I can never catch her unless she lets me. We have identical boards, even the same mileage, but it doesn't matter--she's just faster. I think her reign of speed has ended... 

Edited by WI_Hedgehog
schpelling
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, M4M said:

You can easily get Swallowbot upgrade in Czech Republic from our Partner there.  Please contact czech@more4motion.com if you need more information. 

On 2/7/2020 at 11:54 PM, Ondra said:

Hi, is it possible to send me your Phone number so I can contact you? I am from the Czech Republice as well, but from Liberec and I am very interessted in unlocking the speed limit on my ninebot mini. I am sick of the beeping and tilting back when I reach the limit speed. I would be very grateful if you can help me. Thank you for your time. 

Ahoj Ondro,

neváhej mne kontaktovat, pokud chceš vytunit tvůj ninebot. Není třeba nic posílat nebo fyzicky předělávat. Stačí napsat a můžeme se potkat. Používáme osvědčenou SW úpravu od M4M.

Petr

👍

Hi, i just want to add that i’ve upgraded to mrn76’s firmware via the bluetooth/android method and it does work as described.

I had searched threads like this after learning about m4m’s swallowbot chip, but didn’t see any direct/easy alternative to just ordering and installing the chip.. thankfully, before ordering the chip, a friend of mrn76 contacted me via a post on the segway app - he seemed legit enough and i figured, what the hell, it’s cheaper, faster to get and install, so i took a chance on it. I’m impressed! (And now i have a new Russian segway friend to chat with! 😊)

Also, this is not to say don’t order m4m’s chip, as i’ve placed 2 orders (tires & battery) with them and their service has been great as well, but the bluetooth method is definitely an option to consider. I figured i’d at least share my good experience if it might help others (and the developers!)

Cheers

Chris

• Like 2

On 4/21/2020 at 5:32 PM, kristof_explorer said:

Hi, i just want to add that i’ve upgraded to mrn76’s firmware via the bluetooth/android method and it does work as described.

I had searched threads like this after learning about m4m’s swallowbot chip, but didn’t see any direct/easy alternative to just ordering and installing the chip.. thankfully, before ordering the chip, a friend of mrn76 contacted me via a post on the segway app - he seemed legit enough and i figured, what the hell, it’s cheaper, faster to get and install, so i took a chance on it. I’m impressed! (And now i have a new Russian segway friend to chat with! 😊)

Also, this is not to say don’t order m4m’s chip, as i’ve placed 2 orders (tires & battery) with them and their service has been great as well, but the bluetooth method is definitely an option to consider. I figured i’d at least share my good experience if it might help others (and the developers!)

Cheers

Chris

I've been pretty lazy getting it done, and i've already got the new controller from M4M.  Tell me when you do it by bluetooth, does it reset your mileage or does it work like a regular update and you get to keep your current mileage?

The @MRN76 update works like a regular firmware update and the user-specific information is retained. If you named your board, that and the mileage plus everything else remain intact (even the password).

By the way, the miniPRO is stinking fast! Like scary fast! We're working on some tuning now so it's "funner" instead of "OMg scary." We've recruited another skilled tester and the first reaction was, "Wow! This is fun!" Then we uncorked the speed and it was, "Oh my gosh that's scary!" We want to keep the high speed and also keep the board controllable--kind of a key thing in not crashing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FreeRide said:

I've been pretty lazy getting it done, and i've already got the new controller from M4M.  Tell me when you do it by bluetooth, does it reset your mileage or does it work like a regular update and you get to keep your current mileage?

It didnt reset the mileage or anything else as far as i could tell. They told me to reset to factory settings after installing, which i did, but that seemed to only affect the sensor/steering sensitivity settings and such.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kristof_explorer said:

It didnt reset the mileage or anything else as far as i could tell. They told me to reset to factory settings after installing, which i did, but that seemed to only affect the sensor/steering sensitivity settings and such.

Cool thanks. I'm going to try the controller swap on one of my test units, and if i like it i will try to do the bluetooth update for my main unit, as i kind of like using one device primarily just to see how long it will last and it has all my mods on it, and the mileage is just kind of special to me, it being my first PEV.  I'm feeling more motivated to swap the controller now again.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 2:45 PM, PeetCze said:

Ahoj Ondro,

neváhej mne kontaktovat, pokud chceš vytunit tvůj ninebot. Není třeba nic posílat nebo fyzicky předělávat. Stačí napsat a můžeme se potkat. Používáme osvědčenou SW úpravu od M4M.

Petr

👍

Yes, you can choose.  I just unlock original firmware so you will stay with Ninebot support.

• 1 month later...

What about Mini PLUS? 

No fix for this one?

My Mini Plus tiltback at 20-21km/h per app (gps around 17km/h 🤮). 

Managed to make it cutout twice (on purpose).

In winter at 50% batt i forced it past 21km/h over and over and in the end one wheel just stopped and then it continued on its own into a car road...no cars around..i made sure before hand ;)

In summer about the same but I tried to make a skid turn (one wheel driving the other spinning) Didn't turn out well, cpu just cut it and it stood there looking at me when i was in the gravel 😂

I guess bigger tyres is my only option, and cut fenders (protect feet, but not mud spray)???

Edited by Boogieman

On 7/17/2020 at 9:57 AM, Boogieman said:

What about Mini PLUS? 

Yes, There is a firmware hack for the Mini Olus as well.  I've only seen it as an update done through an app, no controller boards.  M4M is offering the update for the Plus, as I'm sure others are as well.

My mini PLUS restricts me to 19 km/h at full battery - but GPS speed is just 16-17 km/h (marketing BS).

What can i expect from M4M? 

Link?
EDIT:
Found links:
https://more4motion.eu
ZERO hits on mini PLUS - aka NO mod for mini PLUS?

EDIT 2: Found it - they wrote together miniplus in one word :D
23 km/h vs 19km/h at 121Euro
https://more4motion.eu/collections/swallowbot-for-segway/products/swallowbot-upgrade-service-fee-for-segway-miniplus-and-ninebot-s-plus

Edit 3: Below aint gonna happen especially with me being 95Kg 2meter rider - guess ill just have to wait for my tube for my GW tesla and push on at 45km/h - but would be sweet if the utterly slow Plus would manage at least 25 - zigzagging at 20 is totally doable but puts a hell of a strain at the calves due to intense pushback. It it were to stay uprigth to 25....it would at least put me on par with bicycles and scooters :)

Thanks a lot for any info to take me towards 25+ km/h.

With original 70/80-6.5" (about 277 mm outer diameter - measured 280 mm pumped to max)  tyres there is basically no "speed mod" available from changing tyre from Ali (at most 1-2% rolling diameter increase = 19.38 Km/h fake speed LOL)

I did manage to cut it out one cold day at 50% battery - pushing over and over and actually topped 23km/h (in app = 20km/h real speed) before one wheel just stopped and sent the mini left and me right :D

Edited by Boogieman

On 7/21/2020 at 8:04 PM, Boogieman said:

My mini PLUS restricts me to 19 km/h at full battery - but GPS speed is just 16-17 km/h (marketing BS).

What can i expect from M4M? 

Link?
EDIT:
Found links:
https://more4motion.eu
ZERO hits on mini PLUS - aka NO mod for mini PLUS?

EDIT 2: Found it - they wrote together miniplus in one word :D
23 km/h vs 19km/h at 121Euro
https://more4motion.eu/collections/swallowbot-for-segway/products/swallowbot-upgrade-service-fee-for-segway-miniplus-and-ninebot-s-plus

Edit 3: Below aint gonna happen especially with me being 95Kg 2meter rider - guess ill just have to wait for my tube for my GW tesla and push on at 45km/h - but would be sweet if the utterly slow Plus would manage at least 25 - zigzagging at 20 is totally doable but puts a hell of a strain at the calves due to intense pushback. It it were to stay uprigth to 25....it would at least put me on par with bicycles and scooters :)

Thanks a lot for any info to take me towards 25+ km/h.

With original 70/80-6.5" (about 277 mm outer diameter - measured 280 mm pumped to max)  tyres there is basically no "speed mod" available from changing tyre from Ali (at most 1-2% rolling diameter increase = 19.38 Km/h fake speed LOL)

I did manage to cut it out one cold day at 50% battery - pushing over and over and actually topped 23km/h (in app = 20km/h real speed) before one wheel just stopped and sent the mini left and me right :D

It's $100 here and they say 15mph on the Plus, not sure if it's worth it.  I think it was cheaper before, for on-line upgrade it should no more than $50, but I think because they use agents to do the upgrade they have to charge $100 for it so they can pay them.   My upgraded controller right now for the MiniPro is working fantastic, it's not just the speed increase, I think it is more the no tiltback or beeping that just makes it more enjoyable to ride. Riding offload is particularly nice as the stock one is beeping all the time.  It seems to go about as fast as I would want to go on the thing.  

Still it ant't no EIC and never will be, but it can do things my EUCs can't so I really like the MiniPro, if it was released with the swallowbot firmware from Segway it would have been a lot more popular with many market segments, and would not have died an early death.  Oh they need to fix the parasitic battery drain also to keep the batteries from being killed.  Segway only has themselves to blame and the irony is the swallowbot version while faster is actually a lot safer.   It's OK though they killed their Z10 also, stupid people, all it needed was a few tweaks.  So now they are stuck building cheap 'boring' (ha ha) scooters like many others.  Whatever makes them happy I guess, since they were not successful at innovative products, they may not be cut out for EUCs and the MiniPro style PEVs.

• 1 year later...
On 6/6/2017 at 11:14 PM, Vik's said:

Agreed.

20-22 km/h sounds just about right and like it was intended to be from the beginning.

25 km/h and more would be a stretch, - not giving too much headroom for heavier riders and difficult conditions...

Do you now somting abbout the ninebot elite 

• 2 months later...
On 2019/12/20 at PM7点20分, Koci said:

您好,我的 Ninebot mini 现在已解锁并使用原始固件运行。我在欧洲也可以为你做,不需要寄板到中国,没有任何风险。 

我备份固件,将其发送解锁并上传回来。固件解锁不在我这边。

Hello, after downloading the firmware with JLINK, which offset address can be modified to improve the go kart speed?

• 2 years later...

I found that by changing the posture sensor , you can trick the board to go on a freewheel mode. So if you cakibraye the  board on a slope as if it was on flat she will reach higher speeds as the safeties will not kick in slowing the board, comments